Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jun 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott_W
slightly serious Dibber

Would this be alright to go on rides with or does it have to be the offical gopro wrist strap ?

Official one -

Thank you
Scott
Scott_W is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
Thanks I'll have to look at the floaty then not going to risk it .

Scott.
I love my floaty as a general handle as well as being good when in the pool.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
Would this be alright to go on rides with or does it have to be the offical gopro wrist strap ?

Official one -

Thank you
Scott
I used a non official strap and it was fine.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

I just held mine, but t would have been nice to have a small hand grip to be honest.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JDT2019
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Good to know we can use a go pro on the rides, thanks for the info.
JDT2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi for new users just be mindful of other guests. Having queues for flight of passage all I could see was someone recording the ride on their go pro and it spoiled the experience. The guy was holding it out to his side in front of me.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
Hi for new users just be mindful of other guests. Having queues for flight of passage all I could see was someone recording the ride on their go pro and it spoiled the experience. The guy was holding it out to his side in front of me.
Thats really bad! I think I'd have said something to the cast members and ask to ride again. I only ever record on coasters, no dark rides.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Heed666
Getting Excited

Hi can you advise what Apeman Action camera you use? I'm thinking of getting a action camera but don't want to pay the price of a GoPro as it will only be used as few times.
TIA Jill
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Heed666 View Post
Hi can you advise what Apeman Action camera you use? I'm thinking of getting a action camera but don't want to pay the price of a GoPro as it will only be used as few times.
TIA Jill
Sorry not sure of the exact model! It was around £30 on Amazon, not the 4k one or anything. We've had it a couple of years so the models have probably moved on by now.
For things like taking on coasters and underwater filming it does the job. However the zoom is terrible and its no good in low light. The sound isn't great either. So we only tend to use it when we really need action footage, which sounds like what you want as well.
We bought an accessory kit from Amazon as well which I think was around £15 for loads of mounts and screws. Had to buy the wrist strap seperatley and it was about £5 on eBay.
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Heed666
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Sorry not sure of the exact model! It was around £30 on Amazon, not the 4k one or anything. We've had it a couple of years so the models have probably moved on by now.
For things like taking on coasters and underwater filming it does the job. However the zoom is terrible and its no good in low light. The sound isn't great either. So we only tend to use it when we really need action footage, which sounds like what you want as well.
We bought an accessory kit from Amazon as well which I think was around £15 for loads of mounts and screws. Had to buy the wrist strap seperatley and it was about £5 on eBay.
Thank you so much I'll have a look on Amazon now