Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Does anyone not book fast passes

Just a general wondering really?

Last time I was there it was just hubby & I & we stayed in Cabana Bay (it was his 1st time & I hadn't been since I was young) - we went end of Aug/beginning of Sept 2015 & we didn't book any FP. We thought it was relatively quiet & got on everything we wanted with very little wait times.

This year there's 10 of us going, staying in a villa, and we'll have our 2 year old with us this time. I'm not sure how much planning we'll get to do to please everyone so not sure if we'll get many FP booked - this time we're going beginning of Sept for 2 weeks.

Do we NEED to book FP or will we get away with just winging it at that time of year? Bearing in mind we'll more than likely spend more time in Disney on the wee rides as opposed to the thrill ones this time round.

Thanks x
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
Just a general wondering really?

Last time I was there it was just hubby & I & we stayed in Cabana Bay (it was his 1st time & I hadn't been since I was young) - we went end of Aug/beginning of Sept 2015 & we didn't book any FP. We thought it was relatively quiet & got on everything we wanted with very little wait times.

This year there's 10 of us going, staying in a villa, and we'll have our 2 year old with us this time. I'm not sure how much planning we'll get to do to please everyone so not sure if we'll get many FP booked - this time we're going beginning of Sept for 2 weeks.

Do we NEED to book FP or will we get away with just winging it at that time of year? Bearing in mind we'll more than likely spend more time in Disney on the wee rides as opposed to the thrill ones this time round.

Thanks x
Hi I would definitely book FP as the parks will be open earlier than usual as GE opening, on-site guests will get an extra hour in MK & AK & an extra 3 hours in HS I’m going in September too & will try to be at MK & AK for 8am when they will be open for everyone, will try for fast passes 8-9, then 9-10 & so on, don’t usual book them till 10am,but will be busier than usual

Edited at 12:59 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

They are free and it is not compulsory to stick to them. win-win really

Would make a rough plan, book the 3 each, then go with the flow - they are easy enough to cancel.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I would get a fast pass booked for the headline ride for each park. If you change your mind and don't use it then you can release it but at least you have it there as a backup.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I think if there’s a lot of you you’d struggle without any fast passes if you wanted to do al lithe big ticket rides. If you’re not fussed about missing them or long queues then I guess you could go without but how easy they are to boom and free to boom and cancel I can’t see why you wouldn’t take advantage for some of the longer queue rides
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

I would say with a large group having a rough plan will be much better than winging it on the day. Decide if you are spliiting up or staying together and then make a basic plan based on FPs. Otherwise everytime you come off something you'll be debating what to do next, who wants to do it, who doesnt want to wait that long etc.

September will definitely still be a busy time as well so i definitely wouldnt assume you wont need them for the 'little' rides, they can have some of the longest queues
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

There are some rides you HAVE to book FP for - FOP for example, or even TSM if you don't get there at opening - unless you want to queue for 1hr plus!
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
There is no NEED to book FPs at all. However, having FPs usually reduces the amount of time you spend queuing - and, in some cases, significantly reduces the queue time. It's fairly easy to do and there's no penalty if you don't use them. You don't have to book them at 30 days beforehand; even booking them the night before you visit the park will help reduce the time spent queuing.

Also, it's not just the big thrill rides that get long queues. Currently the wait time to meet Cinderella, Mickey Mouse, Tinkerbell are all 1 hour long. Toy Story Mania has a longer wait time than Rock'n'Rollercoaster and has a 70min wait time. So you could save yourself 3 hours of waiting if you have fastpasses.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fortune1991
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My husband and I went on our honeymoon beginning of December 2017 and didn’t book a single fast pass until each morning when we were deciding which park we wanted to go to. We managed to get on every single ride we wanted to, including FOP, with fast passes. It was a quiet time of year which helped.
Fortune1991 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I am not all that fond of the fastpass+ system becuase IMO it has made waits longer at all attractions, especially if you don't have a pastpass.

In the good old says Living with the Land was always a walkon or at really busy times a 5-10 minute wait. Our first fastpass plus trip standby was close to an hour.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List