Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 May 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Ride Photos- caught in the moment or posed?

What’s everyone’s opinions on posed ride photos?

Last visit I had several photos where the other people in the car (nothing to do with us) had really posed for their photo, with one family even holding up newspapers blocking most of us out.

I love to keep all our ride photos but last trip there were some unuseable ones.

Are photos just a throw away thing and it doesn’t matter or does this bother you? Interested to hear both sides.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s great if the photo is good/funny but it’a not a big deal for us and we have never bothered posing except on spaceship earth.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

In general I have no problem people posing on ride photos & some are actually quite funny however I think people do need to be more conscious of other people on the ride & whether or not they’re blocking them.

A lot of people don’t take into account that the person they just blocked my have had someone with them who rode that for the 1st time & now they’re missing that ultimate “what the hell is this ride” photo (my fave type 😂 ), or whether that family have memory maker or have the time or are capable of queuing up all over again.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I like the "posed" photos on the rides, but do think its inconsiderate if the pose blocks others on the ride being seen in the ride pic.

eta - I don't think ride photos are a big deal in general, I only get them because they are free with memory maker and they automatically load on there anyway. I don't think I've paid for a ride photo more than a handful of times total in my adult life, at any theme park.

Edited at 11:40 AM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Depends on the ride.

Love a posed photo on pirates of the Caribbean amongst a whole lot of bored looking faces as that ride photo is in a really weird area.

Dinosaur is another good one to get an over the top posed photo on. When you’ve ridden it loads and the dino doesn’t scare you anymore.

The tower of terror video is a great opportunity to do something funny too.

As long as you’re not affecting someone else’s enjoyment then you do you.
Old 19 May 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nothing posed on this - didn't have time.

Health & Safety disclaimer. Taken in 2010 before lap restraints but with a proper camera with a wrist strap.

Mick
Old 19 May 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Touch of Tink
Trainee Dibber

I can never remember where they are taken, so have seen a few weird and wonderful ones of myself, but probably wouldn't pose anyway. Feel a bit jealous when I have seen some great ones, but wouldn't like to think others would deliberately block other passengers. Be interesting to see how I 'perform' this year. Have fun everybody
Touch of Tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I pose in some (in a way that doesn’t block anyone) others I just see what happens! Haunted Mansion is a great one as a lot of people pose at the end bit thinking that’s where the photo is.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by adreamisawish View Post
Depends on the ride.

Love a posed photo on pirates of the Caribbean amongst a whole lot of bored looking faces as that ride photo is in a really weird area.

Dinosaur is another good one to get an over the top posed photo on. When you’ve ridden it loads and the dino doesn’t scare you anymore.

I love the pirates one! It’s mostly a boat full of bored looking people

We had this one yesterday. A part from the woman in the 2nd row I’m guessing we (in the back row) were the only ones that knew where the photo was!

Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adreamisawish View Post
Depends on the ride.

Our photo for our first time on the dinosaur ride has been the only photo I have ever bought at a theme park - we were two families and filled the whole boat thing and the look on our faces , it's my favorite photo ever I think.