Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1971tinkerbell View Post
Guys I am totally lost with all the abbreviations

I realise it is not a deal like it used to be but i am guessing still half price ? or would it be better to get our own flights and use the Avios for upgrade not sure 200,000+ will be enough for 5 adults
You can only upgrade using Avios if there are reward seats in the cabin you want to upgrade to (e.g., if you buy WT+, you can only upgrade to CW if CW reward seats are available & haven't already been taken by those paying solely with Avios)& you can only upgrade 1 cabin. Not all WT tickets are upgradable with Avios.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi!
Firstly, it depends on when you are looking for as it appears that the reward flights to MCO with British Airways for this summer have already sold out.

However, we have just booked (April) 2 adults and 2 children on the Birmingham-Dublin-Miami route, return. It cost us 124,000 avios and about £1600. Whilst this is not a huge saving off the very indirect flights you can find in Skyscanner etc, it is really cheap for the 4 of us to travel in the right direction, albeit indirect, on flights at decent times. It is also cheaper than the £1800 we were going to pay for flights to Tenerife.

I know that these Aer Lingus flights to Miami have sold out over the summer, because I searched every option. We had been eyeing them up since February and we’re surprised they were still available in April, though I think we had the last seats.

We have also booked car hire using Avios from Miami airport. 96,000 avios plus £255 (I purchased avios to pay for it in full with avios) for a Ford Escape for 3 weeks.

Avios are not the great deal they once were. I fear that the switch to BA avios will make them even less worthwhile. This will happen about 20th May.

200,000 is a good chunk towards something for your holiday though. It’s definitely worth trying to use them up.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
1971tinkerbell
Getting Excited

Thank you for that. By the time we go it will be 2020 so will have a good few more points by then
Old 3 Jun 18, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1971tinkerbell View Post
Thank you for that. By the time we go it will be 2020 so will have a good few more points by then
In which case I strongly recommend you get the AMEX BA Premium Plus card. Although this costs £190 per year, if you spend £10k in a year you will earn a voucher allowing you to book two avios flights and only use the avios for one flight. In addition, there is a sign up bonus of 26k avios if you spend £3k in the first three months. That’s in addition to earning 1.5 avios for every £ you spend.

Edited at 07:19 AM.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List