Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jan 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Dessert party recommendations

Hi, can anyone recommend a specific dessert party. I seem to be going round and round in circles trying to pick one. We are going in May so still have a bit of time to decide. Thanks in advance for your replies
Arsenal8 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve done the following
mk Plaza for the view , the desserts are ok but very sickly . No alcohol .
Star Wars hs , we loved this, good variety of sweet and savoury and alcohol included . Good view of fireworks and great if a Star Wars fan.
I would have liked to have tried the frozen one but it wasn’t available when went.
What exactly are you looking for the experience or view?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve done the following
mk Plaza for the view , the desserts are ok but very sickly . No alcohol .
Star Wars hs , we loved this, good variety of sweet and savoury and alcohol included . Good view of fireworks and great if a Star Wars fan.
I would have liked to have tried the frozen one but it wasn’t available when went.
What exactly are you looking for the experience or view?
Thank you for your reply. It was going to be a treat for my wife.she likes desserts but a good experience and view would be good. We will have two kids with us ages 2 and 4 if you feel any are better or worse for kids
Arsenal8 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Arsenal8 View Post
Thank you for your reply. It was going to be a treat for my wife.she likes desserts but a good experience and view would be good. We will have two kids with us ages 2 and 4 if you feel any are better or worse for kids
If you want to avoid the crowds of happily ever after then I’d say go for the mk one , but the kids might like the frozen one as the ride is lovely and you get the desserts and a drink. Hopefully someone will come along that’s done the frozen one to help
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

I've done a few different ones.

Done both plaza and terrace view at MK and the plaza gardens viewing oneis the better of the two. I think the MK party has more "wow"factor than the others as the views onto the castle. The puddings are nice but very very sweet. They did have the cheeseburger spring rolls and cheeses when we went in August. No alcohol just hot drinks and sodas/water. It's expensive but a great experience. The terrace views are ok if you want a table and chair for the show and they also give out boxes of ghiradelli chocolates when you leave. They also boxed us up some puds and dipped strawberries to go.

The Star Wars one - I went to this in 2017 - held in the Launch Bay the storm troopers come and mingle and the Jawas were still there when we went. (alas they are no longer) So that bit was cool. Good choice of puds and you also got cocktails and other alcoholic drinks. I really enjoyed the show. You stand in a reserved area in front of the chinese theatre but there was a huge problem with non dessert party gusts just coming into the area unchallenged so it ended up absolutely packed out.

The Frozen one at Epcot - again this was in 2017. I believe they have a cordoned off outdoor area for the food bit but due to the weather we were taken into a room over a shop in the Norway pavillion. It did take away from the experience as there was no "wow" factor - just a plain conference room with tables with food on. Food OK but there was not a lot of choice. My daughter enjoyed the frozen popcorn and the 3D snowflake glasses. Again lots of alcohol choices. You then walk around to a roped off area to watch the show which was OK but nothing special in my opinion. You then get a go on the Frozen Ever After Ride which was cool to do that when everyone is leaving the park.

I would say in order - MK, (plaza gardens view) HS then Epcot. I like to do MK on our last night every year and will do that again. I would do HS again but probably not the Frozen one as it didn't really feel that "exclusive" for the price. It might be a better experience if the dessert bit happens outside I guess. If I was going to do a fireworks dining event at Epcot I would probably go for the new Rose and Crown one.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’d go for the magic kingdom and get the plaza view too. We had sparkling wine
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did the MK & Star Wars ones last year & enjoyed both.

We had no issues non party guests crashing the area at HS so hopefully that is no longer an issue.

I would say if your wife is not a Star Wars fan she may not be that impressed with dessert party and a lot of the show may not mean much to your children. Having said that, I think there will be a new aspect to the show soon so maybe worth researching.

We did enjoy the Star Wars one & we are doing again this year mainly because hubby is a massive fan.

We enjoyed the MK one. Our view was however a little restricted by a tree. I suspect this would be a better fit for younger children for the general location.

We are doing the Frozen one this year. From the reviews I have read this one seems to come out on top. Fingers crossed.

In truth the parties aren't great value but they are a lovely treat