Old 5 Sep 16, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by colliegirlsal View Post
5'4" just!
I'm 5'9 and worrying slightly but you've put my mind at rest
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
colliegirlsal
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
I'm 5'9 and worrying slightly but you've put my mind at rest
I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine and really pleased this has helped. Have a brilliant holiday and enjoy x
colliegirlsal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy-Mai
Excited about Disney

Daisy-Mai's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Iam a very large lady. Around size 28 and 5ft 4in. I went on everything I wanted to at Disney parks. I was a bit nervous at first but when I realised I could fit in I relaxed. My absolutley favourites were Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, Thunder Mountain at Magical Kingdom and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
I wouldn't attempt to embarrass myself at Sea world though
Old 9 Sep 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LeaPinkSnowball
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by Daisy-Mai View Post
Iam a very large lady. Around size 28 and 5ft 4in. I went on everything I wanted to at Disney parks. I was a bit nervous at first but when I realised I could fit in I relaxed. My absolutley favourites were Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, Thunder Mountain at Magical Kingdom and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
I wouldn't attempt to embarrass myself at Sea world though
i cant wait to try the TOT !

Have you tried anything at universal? xx
LeaPinkSnowball is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
rnn1g
Gone all Goofy

I'm a size 22/24 and carry my weight on my boobs and tummy, at Disney I have been fine on every ride, no issues whatsoever.

At universal I was turned away from riding forbidden journey. I tried the test seat outside and just pulled it down and the attendant came over and just said no green light so you can't ride. Maybe with a push it would have gone green but didn't want to make a fuss so I left it. Gringotts was absolutely fine, I tried the seats outside and got a green light easily - however did see a guy who looked a lot slimmer than me who couldn't get it to go green so it really is down to your body shape so always try the seats if you're worried like I was.

Went on the hulk in the modified seat, didn't try the normal seats outside once I knew I could get on the modified ones as it was busy and there's modified seats in several rows. I must say the universal staff are great and make no fuss when you request the seat or when trying them out.

Also got on rip ride rockit on row 3 which I presume is the modified seats.

The ride which was a struggle was ripsaw falls as it is soooo tight getting in and out of it, i sat at the very front and just pushed myself backwards until I could get up, not graceful but worth it as the ride is awesome :-)

Went on minions, the Simpsons, Spider-Man, jurrasic park, popeye and these were all fine

Think the main thing is to try seats as it really varies person to person, body to body but not to be embarrassed (I know it's difficult not to be) if you can't ride as lots of people are in the same situation as you (lots of people turned away from forbidden journey whilst I was there). Don't let it ruin your holiday!

Edited at 10:55 PM.
rnn1g is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy-Mai
Excited about Disney

Daisy-Mai's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by LeaPinkSnowball View Post
i cant wait to try the TOT !

Have you tried anything at universal? xx
No sorry not been to universal cut me down the middle and you'll only see Disney.
Old 28 Sep 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok. Real talk. I've just come back from Islands of Adventure and Universal.
My honest stats are that I'm 5'9 and approx size 20-22 with all my weight in my bust and belly. I'm glad to say I fit in EVERYTHING.

The Hulk: regular seat was a bit tight especially on the chest but managed to get it locked in. I felt like a had too much room around my shoulders on the modified seat but rode both comfortably, though both seats felt a little snug on my bum!

HP and the forbidden journey: Sat on the outside seat and was absolutely fine. Again felt like I had lots of room round my shoulders but because of my chest I wouldn't lock in any further. I did try the regular test seat outside but chose an end seat to make doubly sure.

Dragon Challenge: red coaster modified seat (my own choice) again to make doubly sure as I didn't test the ones outside. Again, no issues. Blue coaster regular seat, as above. I didn't notice any difference in the seats other than the number of belts and their length.

Gringotts: no issues at all, however if you have big thighs or long legs you *may* have an issue as the restraints come down either side of your calfs. That being said it didn't feel smug but can see how other people may have issues.

Rip Ride Rockit!: The surprise of them all! I felt more secure in this ride than all of the rest and also felt like even with my belly that the restraint is very generous on bigger riders and therefore was no need for the modified seat.

Overall, extremely pleased! Will look to drop some weight before our next trip in 12m time to get rid of any last minute jitters but I hope this helps someone
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bogtrottin
Trying for More Ears

Brilliant Miss Shell! You are the same height and size as me and have made my day! Hope you've had a fab time
bogtrottin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bogtrottin View Post
Brilliant Miss Shell! You are the same height and size as me and have made my day! Hope you've had a fab time
No problems at all!
Old 29 Sep 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by colliegirlsal View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm posting as I spent many an anxious dibbing session looking through this thread, worrying about rides etc. Also, sadly the stress impacted slightly on the pre excitement of our holiday - never again am I going through that! So... decided to post some horribly honest facts about my size to ease anyone else worried out there.

I'm a size 20/22/24 depending on what shop I go to. For a more accurate idea, we are talking a 50" bust measurement and similar hip

We went to Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. Rides as follows -

Universal - Rip Ride Rocket - larger seat
Hulk - larger seat although that's where I just ended up
The Mummy - normal seat fine
Gringotts - normal seat fine
Dr Doom's Fearfall - normal seat fine
Forbidden Journey - normal seat fine
Dragons - normal seat fine (bit tight on the chest though!)
Men In Black, Simpson, Minions, Jurassic Park,
Dr Seuss and anything else etc all fine

SeaWorld - Manta - normal seat fine
Kraken - normal seat fine (bit tight on the chest though!)
Mako - normal seat fine
Antlantis, Antartica etc - all fine

Busch Gardens - Cheetah - normal seat fine
Cobra's Curse - normal seat fine
Montu - normal seat fine
Sheikra - normal seat fine
Kumba - normal seat fine
Congo, Stanley falls etc all fine

I'm hoping that helps anyone else also worried and gives them a good idea on how things are. I will say that no one bats an eye if you use the test seat and when I've been previously to Disney I find their rides a bit more forgiving, but then they are also not quite as extreme as some of these. The ride attendants are great and I saw more than one person getting an extra push on a harness by them to get them on a ride. I guess they see it all the time and it's no big issue to them.

We flew American Airlines and the lap belt did up no problem at all - yet another thing I worried about!

I hope this helps ease anyones mind who's worried about it - now relax, look forward to your holiday and most importantly have a great time
Thanks for posting this, really helpful.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List