Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 18, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lam View Post
I applied for an ESTA back late 2016 or early 2017 (can't remember).
Its valid for 2 years.

I am looking to go to Orlando from Dublin (pre clearance) this july.

DO I need to apply for anything else?
No idea about TTP or GOES scheme. How do they work in my case?

Any info much appreciated. Both DS and I have EU/UK passports but live in Eire.
If you are flying from Dublin I wouldn't bother as you have pre-clearance and are treated as domestic arrivals in the US. It is a bigger advantage for those flying from the UK who currently do not have this excellent bonus Dublin has and can face long queues at immigration in the US.

This pre-clearance might be a reason it is not available to citizens of the Irish Republic at the moment. No need for it . But in your case as flying from Dublin you also do not need it IMHO.

Edited at 02:55 AM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
raider56
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Can you use this traveling thru Sanford as well as MCO?
raider56 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by raider56 View Post
Can you use this traveling thru Sanford as well as MCO?
If they have Global Entry then yes.
usa.immigrationvisaforms/...ating-airports
Says that Sanford is a yes.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
raider56
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks!
raider56 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Its a great scheme. We had our interviews last summer at MCO.
Very thorough process though!
Saves loads of time if you are hand luggage only. If not, you still have to wait for the cases.
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
If your ESTA is still valid at the time you travel, and the passport attached to it when you applied will still be your current passport at that time, you don't need to do anything else. I would recommend that you double-check the expiry date of your ESTA.

TTP/GOES relate to Trusted Traveler schemes such as Global Entry, the subject of this thread. However, you don't need GE, it is just something you can apply for to speed up immigration, but it's only worth it for regular visitors to the US.
Thanks

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
If you are flying from Dublin I wouldn't bother as you have pre-clearance and are treated as domestic arrivals in the US. It is a bigger advantage for those flying from the UK who currently do not have this excellent bonus Dublin has and can face long queues at immigration in the US.

This pre-clearance might be a reason it is not available to citizens of the Irish Republic at the moment. No need for it . But in your case as flying from Dublin you also do not need it IMHO.
I always fly via dublin or shannon for this reason. Its a great 'perk' and saves a lot of time when i get to orlando.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
rs132
New Poster (2)

Hi all, can anyone confirm that you can get to the enrollment on arrival coming off BA flights?

Thanks!

September 2014 - Kissimmee Villa
April 1993 (!) - Beach Club
rs132 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We were too late coming off the later BA flight from Gatwick had to go back the next day
Though I’d ask but have a back up appointment booked just in case
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We had our interview coming off the Virgin flight which landed at 6pm on Thanksgiving in 2018. The interview was done in the same area that you go through security, I don't know if that has changed.
We had to join the queue for security and go through the process before being taken to different desks for our interviews. We will be using GE for the first time properly next week, so we are hoping it saves us some time (although will still need to wait for luggage)
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List