Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jan 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartman
Proud to wear my Ears

DDP First timer ADR Tactics

Hi all,

My ADR window opens next month and have a few must do's in mind - Cali Grill, Teppan Edo, Narcoossee's. We plan to have the full DDP but not sure about other restaurants to visit.

Just want to get other Dibbers tactics when on the DDP. Do you have the whole stay TS booked, play it by ear while you are there or bit of both?

I know the dangers of not booking are you won't get in while you're there but don't want to be committed to a time and place to eat.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.
Bartman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Very much depends on how you are as a family and the ages of your children.
For us with young children I book EVERYTHING! They need down time in the middle of the day so lunchtime TS suits us well and we don't want to be wandering around looking for somewhere with free tables. Same in the evenings, we don't want to wander around. Plus eating out is part of the holiday and there are lots of themed and character dining places that are completely different and great experiences. We like to make sure we get to eat everywhere we want.
But if you don't have children with you or you are more 'go with the flow' and don't have lots of places you definitely want to eat then there's no need to book at 180 days, there will always be somewhere with availability if you are prepared for a long walk or to travel to a different park or resort.
Planning meals in advance is all part of the fun and anticipation for us but many people prefer not to be tied to certain places each day.

Edited at 12:04 AM.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post

I book a full meal itinerary. It doesn't mean we are tied to it. I am constantly tweaking plans, remembering the 24 hour notice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We tend to book all ours because it works better for us to know where we’re eating. Like Claudette though we often change plans while there.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

For us better to have an overall plan. Ie early park day back in afternoon for some relaxation then out for tea 7.30 ish and then firework. On another day you might book a breakfast spend some time in a park and then have a quick service for tea that night. We would suggest try and get an overall plan not set in stone but just to get an idea of everything you want to do .how long is your stay and what parks are you visiting and how many days or part days in each. Plus water parks and offsite shopping. You are going a long way and spending lots of money so worth some planning

Edited at 07:55 PM.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Priority the must do’s

Then book everyday either lunch or dinner.

There’s always somewhere to eat BUT not always where you are. I’m already tweaking some bookings for May and will proabably CX and change some more when we are there with the 24hr window in mind
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mikejt26
Very Serious Dibber

Plan your Adrs & add them to your wish list in MDe (you add it by selecting the heart next to the restaurant). Ensure you have your credit in place on mde as well.
Next prioritise your choices & list them in priority order with the dates & times you want, I use good old pen & paper with date, restaurant, time I want & time I get.

When adr date arrives be sitting waiting for opening time with your first restaurant chosen
When you pick it choose the time and not the breakfast, lunch, dinner options as this gives you more time slots . When added, confirmed, Scroll/navigate to your wish list @ the bottom of the page & select the next adr . This saves time hunting for them & you can practice before adr day.
Once all are selected if you didn’t get the exact time select your option & then modify to see if the time is available.
You can modify/change/cancel through out the year before you travel .
Ps Some restaurants can be difficult to select . I.e Chef art smith have limited availability & house of blues only come on 2/3 weeks before your travel dates
mikejt26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List