Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Jul 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post
As has seen said, it's hardly an Indian in the sense that we know them over here.

I would also never call it 'cheap'. It is, after all, a signature restaurant.

I don't even like the look of the bread service, if the truth be told. I wouldn't eat the onion bread, and probably only 1 or possibly 2 of the dips, so definitely overrated in my mind - and definitely not covered under the dining plan!

Yeah, a lot of people love it; fine. I have no problem with that. It just leaves me cold.
Sanaa isn't Signature, it's Jiko that's the Signature restaurant. Just to clear that up.

Can't add on to what others have said. I'm looking forward to it, but not expecting proper curry. I'm actually going for the bread (which btw, I believe you can choose which flavours you get - Disney are excellent about substitutions) and braai!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have been to Sanaa several times on past trips and due to go again next Saturday- food is lovely - as others have said it's not your local Indian restaurant- I believe the original aim was African food with Indian influences. The curry type dishes I have tried were very enjoyable and of a good quality. The restaurant itself is beautiful and it's well worth waiting a bit longer for a table by a window if you are there during daylight - you won't see much once it's dark though.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The food we had was not indian so not really comparable. The food had wonderful flavours, I loved it! It's worth trying for sure, just don't go expecting typical british indian food. My favourite restaurant of the trip, including the 2 ts credit signature restaurants. It's top of my wish list for next time
Old 29 Jul 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
It's on our list of places to eat next year so glad you asked this op, might help me decide, we're only at Disney for 3 nights & deciding on the only 2 restaurants your going to eat at there is difficult but Sanaa is the one I think I'm set on so far, I really like the look of the bread service

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandochris
slightly serious Dibber

orlandochris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We went for the first time in March and it was by far and away the best meal we had all holiday

DLP - '12 (offsite hotel), '18 (Newport Bay Club)
orlandochris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Sanaa isn't Signature, it's Jiko that's the Signature restaurant. Just to clear that up.

Can't add on to what others have said. I'm looking forward to it, but not expecting proper curry. I'm actually going for the bread (which btw, I believe you can choose which flavours you get - Disney are excellent about substitutions) and braai!
I wonder where I got the impression it was a signature, then?! How bizarre!

Yes, Disney are good about substitutions - to a degree. In 'Ohana I was told that all the food is pre-marinated so they couldn't prepare noodles without the ingredients I can't eat. Mind you, they're very happy to douse all their meat with black pepper - which I hate. You certainly can't ask them in a QS 'restaurant' to prepare your chicken salad without it, for example.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've booked it again. We really enjoyed our meals but I'm steering clear of the cocktails this year!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

The "African with Indian influences" is a good description of what they try to achieve, and they don't do a bad job.

Eaten there a few times. I thought the shellfish matapa starter was very good, and the curry ("Potjie inspired") dishes were fairly authentic in terms of their origin (Indian food in Eastern and Southen Africa).

Bread service is good, though I'm a bit fussy about how I like my Indian bread and it's not completely to my taste. I'd have it again, as long as there were at lest 3 of us eating it.

Cocktails are also good. I thought that it delivered what it sets out to be - a mid-scale restaurant with tasty and good quality food, with a reasonable stab at "authenticity". I would happily eat there again, with or without bread service.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Wasn't a fan. Bread service was good, rest of the food and service from staff... not so good.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We have been several times, some times on Dining Plan and some times not. We like it because it offers something different and agree the bread service is great.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List