Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 15 Nov 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile $5 Universal Annual Pass

Did not believe this at first, thought it must of been a glitch or mistake with other dibbers, but it worked and we managed to upgrade our Universal tickets for $5 each ! Even the girl at guest services was shocked when the price came up.

This was just for the 2 parks, to include Volcano Bay, it was $95 but to be fair if you are going again this isn’t to bad. For us it’s just a $5 gamble if we are coming back within a year, but to cheap not to upgrade

The AP expires a year after the first activation of our normal ticket which we got from Florida Tix’s

Thank you those dibbers who discovered and shared this info
Disneyland Paris - Nov 2018
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We did the same in August, we were happy to spend $15 for us 3 just in case we do go next year. It also enabled us to have an extra day at universal towards our holiday that we wouldn't have been able to as our 14 day tickets would have expired before that day. So for anyone going for 3 weeks it is also worth the $5 to extend your tickets.
Old 16 Nov 17, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
We did the same in August, we were happy to spend $15 for us 3 just in case we do go next year. It also enabled us to have an extra day at universal towards our holiday that we wouldn't have been able to as our 14 day tickets would have expired before that day. So for anyone going for 3 weeks it is also worth the $5 to extend your tickets.
Oh yer, didn’t think like that. Would be much cheaper if you know you are going for 3 weeks. Just buy the 14 day combo ticket, get most of your Disney days out of the way then enjoy the last days before the end at Universal. Wish we could stay on but time to go home.
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

I still don’t get the level of excitement around this ‘glitch’. If you go on Universals website and buy a seasonal pass it will cost you around £233. The cheapest I can find the 14 day, 2 Park Pass is on Orlando Attractions for £234 - so it’s cheaper to buy the seasonal pass outright anyway - and a lot less hassle during your holiday 😕
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pegasus928 View Post
I still don’t get the level of excitement around this ‘glitch’. If you go on Universals website and buy a seasonal pass it will cost you around £233. The cheapest I can find the 14 day, 2 Park Pass is on Orlando Attractions for £234 - so it’s cheaper to buy the seasonal pass outright anyway - and a lot less hassle during your holiday 😕
Exactly this.
I've been struggling to understand the amount of people upgrading for years - I appreciate sometimes people don't think about the return trip until after they've bought their tickets.

We get prefrerd passes with free parking and early entry - it wasn't a lot more.
With the passes you get exclusive events included too - pre show of the XMAS show tomorrow night.

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Where is it available at £233, I can only see a price of $383.99 which at todays rate is £295 and that's before I added any applicable tax on.

Edit: Ignore that, I was looking at the 3 park pass.

I guess if I want Volcano Bay on our first trip but not on our second, buying the 14 day ultimates and then paying the upgrade to 2 park annual pass is the better way to do it.

Edited at 05:22 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Where is it available at £233, I can only see a price of $383.99 which at todays rate is £295 and that's before I added any applicable tax on.

Edit: Ignore that, I was looking at the 3 park pass.

I guess if I want Volcano Bay on our first trip but not on our second, buying the 14 day ultimates and then paying the upgrade to 2 park annual pass is the better way to do it.
Oooh can you do that?

I thought Id read if you'd been to Volcano Bay with your 3 park ticket you couldn't upgrade to the 2 park seasonal pass?

I'm confused. Does that mean you have to take your 3 park ticket and upgrade to the 2 park seasonal pass BEFORE you go to Volcano Bay, and can you still go to Volcano Bay (during your first trip) after you've upgraded to the 2 park seasonal pass.

Thanks!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Oooh can you do that?

I thought Id read if you'd been to Volcano Bay with your 3 park ticket you couldn't upgrade to the 2 park seasonal pass?

I'm confused. Does that mean you have to take your 3 park ticket and upgrade to the 2 park seasonal pass BEFORE you go to Volcano Bay, and can you still go to Volcano Bay (during your first trip) after you've upgraded to the 2 park seasonal pass.

Thanks!
Oh I'm not sure. Maybe it can't be done that way then. Hopefully someone who knows can enlighten us.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Oooh can you do that?

Thanks!
If you update your tickets before you go to VB to a 2 park then you cannot go to VB. But some people have done it the other way gone to VB first then upgrade to 2 park tickets but there is some query around this.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020

Edited at 07:02 PM.
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I still don’t get the level of excitement around this ‘glitch’. If you go on Universals website and buy a seasonal pass it will cost you around £233. The cheapest I can find the 14 day, 2 Park Pass is on Orlando Attractions for £234 - so it’s cheaper to buy the seasonal pass outright anyway - and a lot less hassle during your holiday
Well, for those visiting this year, you can get a 2017 14 day Explorer ticket for £204 from Florida Escapes. So, in this case, it's slightly cheaper to get that and upgrade for $5 than buying the seasonal pass.

Otherwise, I think a lot of people hadn't realised that the 2-Park Seasonal Pass costs about the same price as a 14 day Universal ticket. And many don't realise you can buy the annual passes online from Universal's American website.

But as you say, you don't need to upgrade to get this great price. Just buy a Seasonal Pass in the first place.

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Officially, you can't do this. If you've used the 14 day ticket to visit VB then according to Universal's official rules you can only upgrade to the 3-Park Seasonal Pass (which only costs around $100 anyway, so it's cheaper than another 14 day ticket).

Unofficially, a number of DIBBers have said they've managed to do this. They've visited US, IOA and VB and then upgraded to the 2-Park pass for $5. So, it seems like it's possible, even though it's not Universals' official policy.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List