Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Dec 17, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Question for our resident car hire expert - Mr Morrow

We’ve got a car booked with Alamo Brits which I got at a reasonable price months ago. Now Virgin have changed our flights and I need to pick up 5 hours earlier. But the ridiculous price at the moment is actually £500 plus more. If I go to the modify or cancel button is it going to want the difference between what I paid and what it is now. I used to change it frequently in the past when it went down but I believe the site has now changed. I don’t want to risk losing the decent price for the sake of 5 hours. Any knowledge gratefully received. Thanks
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi Twiggy, whilst others/MrT, may disagree, I'd personally forego Skip the Counter, taking my chances at the desk, explain flight timings were changed, I'd like to take the car now and return 5 hours earlier keeping the hire within 24 hour blocks. Generally if you return the motor more than 30/45 mins, or so, late you may be charged an additional day car hire.
Old 28 Dec 17, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I would do nothing and would just roll up to the garage at the earlier time. As an airport operator they are well used to early and also late arrivals.
As you say, don't amend it as the website has changed and you will be charged the new price - fine if it's lower but not if it's gone up.
The garage set up is basically the 'desk'. They can process all types of changes/upgrades/extra drivers etc etc without having to go back to the terminal. So much so they normally have an under Manager working the hut now to deal with ongoing issues.

But, you will have to return it at an earlier time than you intially thought to keep within the definition of an Alamo 'day'. So pick up at 2.00pm and it needs to be back at the latest by 2.29pm.
My view is what can they do to you? They certainly wont make you wait.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks to both of you. I think I’ll leave it alone then and just keep an eye on the price it case it goes down. The 24 hour thing shouldn’t be a problem as we’re dropping it off around 10am at Fort Myers for a flight to Atlanta.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

As Tom says, leave it alone and just rock up at the hut. Won't be an issue.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List