Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Dec 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

What would you do ?

Looking to book my seats in Lufthansa ( economy )A380 return from Miami . I can pay £20 PP and book any seat on plane in theory but in practice the best seats are blocked off including the whole of economy section on upper deck.
So my choices are
1. Book middle and aisle seats best I can get £40
2 wait for online check in and get allocated seats which might actually be better than the ones we have booked but obviously could be split up .
3 book an extra legroom seat with ordinary seat next to it ( supposed to be very good according to seatguru etc ) and we can swap .. never sleep the full flight anyway . £65 and £20pp( can’t book 2 extra legroom blocked off )
4 I can take a chance and bid for upgrade but I would be going in at the lowest price , so chances slim I would think . Would lose the money I’ve already paid for any seats as they are non refundable .

Soooo what would you do ? Tempted I think by option 3

Edited at 09:03 AM.
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Option 3 like a shot.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Thanks sometimes feel like over complicate things and it's nice to have confirmation of my own thoughts
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

Option 3 sounds the best imo
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowgirl
Very Serious Dibber

I am travelling out to Miami on Lufthansa A380 and have gone for your option 3! There are 5 of us so managed 1 XL seat with the 4 economy seats next to/behind. The idea being that me and DH can swap and the kids, well, they can stop in their own seats!

Coming back from MCO on 747 all the good seats are blocked off and not one decent XL seat to be had so after much deliberation I've booked 5 economy seats. I really wanted an XL seat coming back, but not to be.

Just as an aside, I tried to swap my seats after reserving and paying. Even though the option is there to do so, and it says it is free to do so, you cannot do so! I had 2 lots of 5 seats blocked off in the end so I had to call Lufthansa (a fortune!) and argue the toss that I did not need 10 seats on the flight. They tried to tell me that I had paid for 10 seats and could not refund me. I soon put a stop to that and eventually she confirmed I hadn't paid for an extra 5 seats and released them for me.

So the moral of the story is don't try and change your seats after you have booked and paid as it causes all sorts of trouble!

I'd got for option 3!
Old 12 Dec 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
I am travelling out to Miami on Lufthansa A380 and have gone for your option 3! There are 5 of us so managed 1 XL seat with the 4 economy seats next to/behind. The idea being that me and DH can swap and the kids, well, they can stop in their own seats!

Coming back from MCO on 747 all the good seats are blocked off and not one decent XL seat to be had so after much deliberation I've booked 5 economy seats. I really wanted an XL seat coming back, but not to be.

Just as an aside, I tried to swap my seats after reserving and paying. Even though the option is there to do so, and it says it is free to do so, you cannot do so! I had 2 lots of 5 seats blocked off in the end so I had to call Lufthansa (a fortune!) and argue the toss that I did not need 10 seats on the flight. They tried to tell me that I had paid for 10 seats and could not refund me. I soon put a stop to that and eventually she confirmed I hadn't paid for an extra 5 seats and released them for me.

So the moral of the story is don't try and change your seats after you have booked and paid as it causes all sorts of trouble!

I'd got for option 3!
Thanks for info .. yes it does give option to swap seats but I’ve not tried it ( but won’t now ) we are the other way around 747 on way out and A380 on way back . I’ve booked the set of 2 seats at back first row behind set s of 3 with the hope that far enough away from toilet and space at side . Disadvantage last off plane . Maybe you could concider these seats plus the 3 in front ?
Old 12 Dec 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Be careful with option 3, the extra leg room rows whilst numbered the same as the ordinary legroom rows don't always line up exactly so on the plan it may look like they are together but on the ground they may be slightly staggered across the aisle
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Gone ahead thanks to Dibb booked option 3