Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Jan 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mosschops
Earning My Ears

Visiting with a Vegan

Hi Everyone,

I'm heading off to WDW in May this year (something like my 15th trip) but I'm taking my girlfriend with me who has never been to the US before and her first trip to any Disney Park.

I'm a meat-o-saurus but my girlfriend is Vegan (I know an unlikely match right !).

So my question is - how do you think we will get along with food ? Has anyone got any experience ?

I'm considering staying at Pop Century, but a bit worried what she will get for breakfast there. Considering Animal Kingdom Lodge too and the third option of a Villa as we can go supermarket and make whatever.

I really want to stay on site though with it being her first time.

Out in the parks it looks like we will do ok and I'm told you just ask for the chef and they will advise what a Vegan can and can't have and in some cases rustle something up.

We are flying with VA and they have a Vegan food option there.
mosschops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Disney are fabulous at catering to dietary needs. She will find that they will have options at pop century as well as in the parks that she can eat, and if you’re concerned you could always do a garden grocer order to have some stuff in the room

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

They have fruit, and also sell bread to toast yourselves if she took her own spread. Was going to say cereals but they’d be a bit dry without the milk.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We've just been away end of 2017 off site with a vegan.

My only advice is to get a new girlfriend.
Old 18 Jan 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
We've just been away end of 2017 off site with a vegan.

My only advice is to get a new girlfriend.
This is sound advice.

My daughter recently turned vegetarian. The rewriting of the will is due to complete this week.

Meantime, in Florida, we shall be going everywhere we normally go. I am expecting there to be some sort of vegetarian option, but if not I don't mind if she goes hungry
Old 18 Jan 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I personally think you'll struggle. Their are options but very limited.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
If you use youtube have a look at the geezer families recent vlogs - they are vegan and have been in Orlando for 3 weeks or more. They post some of their meals and seems to be plently of alternatives out there although they are in self catering acccomodation.

Also have a look on vegandisneyworld.com

WDW caters for gluten free, allergies etc brilliantly and I'm sure will be able to rustle up vegan meals too so don't worry about it - she will not starve
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2010
Imagineer

Disney2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
As others have said, Disney are great at catering for all dietary requirements. I am sure you can speak to the individual eateries & they will be happy to make something fresh that she can eat.
Staying at a villa & going to the supermarket does sound like a good option for you so at least she can cook her own meals if she struggles during the day.

Vegan stuff tends to be more easily found in the big cities like New York - A bit like the UK really.

Zoe x
Old 18 Jan 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have no idea on Vegan food, we're all meat eaters here, but have a look at Erin McKennas bakery @ Disney Springs, their stuff is all gluten free/vegan safe
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post

This is a post i made a while ago, its still upto date, where Veggie, just ask for Vegan, not sure on CiCi's though, Sweet Tomato has Veggie and Vegan listed on the labels

Onsite

Trails end with chef TJ is a must, the best meal you will ever have as a Veggie ( though tell him you are Vegan, as his normal buffet contains veggie stuff ) it is a true special meal, 5 course of heaven ( though make sure you go when chef TJ is on, i booked 2 ADR's one midweek and one weekend, then checked if he was on )

Boma, ask for Chef Matt, he will show you the veggie options ( loads of them ) and if you want anything special, he will hook you up teriyaki tofu is a dish he will cook for you

Turf club, since Chef Omar has left for avatar land,it seems his fellow chefs are carrying on his good work

The Wave, had a Veggie menu

off-site

Sweet tomato's is great, very recommended, we loved it here

Bombay Cafe is great for a Indian, its a bit of a drive and a really strange place, it is in a " Indian Mall " , very small but the food was great

Millars Ale house was very nice, own Veggie menu, but keep a eye on the food ( our Veggie platter came with potato skins with bacon bits ontop )

CiCi's pizza was cheap and cheerful, just ask at the counter for a pizza you fancy, mention you are veggie and to use clean tools ( so they are aware )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List