Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jan 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Question Disney Dining when not staying onsite

Sorry to seem a bit daft but will I be able to book a meal at a Disney onsite restaurant despite not staying onsite?
I've seen a lot of threads about ADR's but they all seem to be for people that stay onsite.
I would like to book for the four of us at Be Our Guest restaurant, I'm just not entirely sure how to go about this. Is it as simple as just ringing for a reservation and I'm getting myself confused with adr stuff or is there another way to do this?
Sorry for being clueless about this, any tips and advice would be appreciated.
Louise

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you have Disney tickets, you can link them via MDE and book your ADR’s that way.

However, no tickets means no entry so you’ll not be able to eat at any onsite restaurant’s.
Old 24 Jan 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You can either ring or book through the app. Guests staying onsite get reservations opened up earlier than non staying guests but with a bit of flexibility you should be able to get booked up.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You don't need tickets in order to book adrs. You can book them for any restaurant that you want from 180 days before the day you want to eat.

You will need park tickets to eat in any park restaurants, but don't need them in order to make adrs in the first place

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

You can book an onsite restaurant even if you are not staying onsite. We booked an adr for breakfast at Ohana back in 2013 when we were staying offsite in a villa. You need to set up an account on My Disney Experience, you can do this on the website or download the app. If I can do it then anyone can.

In reference to the above reply (Aladdin) you would need park tickets to eat at Be Our Guest as it is in a park however if it was a restaurant in one of the resorts or at Disney Springs you would not need park tickets to make an adr/eat there. The OP doesn’t say they don’t have park tickets, just that they’re not staying onsite.

Edited at 12:17 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
You can book an onsite restaurant even if you are not staying onsite. We booked an adr for breakfast at Ohana back in 2013 when we were staying offsite in a villa. You need to set up an account on My Disney Experience, you can do this on the website or download the app. If I can do it then anyone can.

In reference to the above reply (Aladdin) you would need park tickets to eat at Be Our Guest as it is in a park however if it was a restaurant in one of the resorts or at Disney Springs you would not need park tickets to make an adr/eat there. The OP doesn’t say they don’t have park tickets, just that they’re not staying onsite.
Sorry, should of said I have 14 day tickets

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Sorry, should of said I have 14 day tickets
No need to apologise. Just wanted to add that we ate lunch there twice last year. Once while staying onsite with DDP and again after we had moved to a villa. If there’s no availability when you first try just keep checking or use the reservation finder on Touring Plans. We used it to get our 4th July adr last year.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Sorry to seem a bit daft but will I be able to book a meal at a Disney onsite restaurant despite not staying onsite?
I've seen a lot of threads about ADR's but they all seem to be for people that stay onsite.
I would like to book for the four of us at Be Our Guest restaurant, I'm just not entirely sure how to go about this. Is it as simple as just ringing for a reservation and I'm getting myself confused with adr stuff or is there another way to do this?
Sorry for being clueless about this, any tips and advice would be appreciated.
Louise

Yes you can you do not need Disney tickets to book ADRs

Taken from another site

Asked
“When staying off property can you still make advanced dining reservations? When and how does that work? Do you need your park passes purchased first? Thanks so much. Panel is so helpful” Hi Amy ~

No worries - we have often stayed off-property and we still have a fabulous time!

All Guests, whether staying on property or not, can make Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs) beginning 180 days prior to their trip. You do not need to purchase theme park tickets or be a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Guest in order to make ADRs. Many local Orlando residents will make ADRs and go over just for dinner.

Guests who are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and have already booked their rooms, can begin making their dining reservations 180 days prior to the first date of their visit plus the next 10 days into their vacation. Guests who are not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel can make ADRs 180 days in advance of their trip but only 1 day at a time. If you want to make ADRs for every day, you will need to do that 1 day at a time beginning at your 180 day mark.

You can make ADRs through the link shown above or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. If you have created a My Disney Experience account and downloaded the My Disney Experience Mobile App, you can also make ADRs that way.

Make yourself a note of your 180 day mark and start trying. The most popular locations book up super fast.

Please feel free to visit us again with all of your planning questions. We are hEAR for you!

Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Be our Guest is not a hard ADR for breakfast and lunch if you are flexible about your times. I tend to make plans only a couple of months out and have never hasd a problem with an ADR.\

One reason lunch has been easy is that I look for a later time (1:30) because it will have begun to empty out. I find BOG unbelievably noisy when full. As you close in to 130-2 pm you can actually converse at your meal.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone. I’m going to look into booking as soon as I can.

Louise