Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Jan 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Anniversary meal, what's your favourite?

It's mine and hubbys 11 year anniversary on 6th Aug whilst we are in wdw. We will be stayed at pofq but only having qsdp and we are nearly at our 180 day window. I would like to book a surprise meal for my hubby and we will have our children in tow 13&7. Any recommendations? In the past we have eaten at Crystal Palace, chef mickeys, whispering canyon, boma, tuskers, bog, t-rex in the past. We've done sci-fi and hated it, the only one we hated. Ideally want a sit down meal not a buffet and not really character meal.

I was possibly thinking yak n yeti in ak or saana? But I'm open to any suggestions.

What would be your favourite for a anniversary meal with kids?
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

We did Whispering Canyon for one of our anniversary meals and thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere. What about O'Hanas - especially if you time it right and get a table near the window. You could get a good view of the fireworks from MK. The other option - depending how grand you want to go - could also be California Grill. Again timing is everything but you could watch the fireworks from the balcony outside.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's our 10th anniversary, while we are there.
We are booking CRT for breakfast, we did it last year and my daughter absolutely loved it so hubby wanted to again for breakfast.
We are doing Coral Reef for tea (northerner) as our kids are so excited to see fish while they eat and booking Sanaa for evening before our anniversary.
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

What about one of the new restaurants at Disney springs and maybe some bowling as it's a family affair, I can't recommend any of the new restaurants until after our 25th anniversary trip in May.
We were rather underwhelmed with Sanaa really. We did enjoy Ohana though.

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Mmm thanks for the recommendations it's giving me food for thought. I'd never even considered ohana but I think we would all enjoy it actually 🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. The children are the key to this.

So easy to say a Signature place. But will they like it?
We took our 6.5yr old Granddaughter to Jiko's. We as usual had a great meal, she wasn't that fussed - probably prefererred McDonalds!

If that does fit though our view up until last August was Jiko's every time
However Citrico's has just edged it since then in our view.

What about The Wave. Nice food.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Jiko is our number one favourite, however with the kids, I'd recommend Ohana..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Tiffins getting rave reviews but it's a Signature again, Teppon Edo if you are taking the kids.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Thanks all, I'll give them all a look over. The elders 14 is fussy, the youngest 7 is quite adventurous with his palate 😁