Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Good price for Disney Stay?

Might have to change my plans and go later this year rather than in May. I have seen the following deal...feels like his is a good price? but wanted opinions!

Disney All Stars for 10 nights
8th-18th Nov flying with Virgin £1850. (2A & 1C)

That's the same price as I'm currently paying to stay in clarion Inn, LBV in May

Can add DDP £1035 or QSDP £735

Is this decent price and would you add a dining plan?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited at 12:56 AM. Reason: Update
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it is a brilliant price and I would book it (with QSDP but because we like to be flexible when it comes to eating)
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Good prices come to those who wait and/or those not tied to school holidays.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Great price! I’d def consider upgrading to QSDP just to have your meals covered, it’s one less thing to worry about while there or while working out your spends IMO. Unless you’re going to have a lot of TS meals I don’t know if you’d make the most out of the DDP.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking it was a good price but needed to double check as I have been looking at so many deals I've been confusing myself.

If anyone's interested this is with Travel City Direct (Virgin Hols)

Silly question for you experienced Dibbers but the QSDP is that for fast food style places? My husband would definitely want a sit down/restaurant meal everyday so then would the DDP be better?
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking it was a good price but needed to double check as I have been looking at so many deals I've been confusing myself.

Silly question for you experienced Dibbers but the QSDP is that for fast food style places? My husband would definitely want a sit down/restaurant meal everyday so then would the DDP be better?
qsdp is the fast food style one but there are some great options its not all burgers however If you will be wanting sit down meals then you would need DDP - some people will say its better to pay oop rather than buy the dining plan but at the price you've quoted it works out roughly £100 a day and you could spend that easily if your planning on eating most of your meals onsite. Character meals are esp expensive so the ddp can be a great way of doing them but you will need to budget for tips on any Ts meals you do which can add up.
If you were happy to go offsite to eat then it would be cheaper to pay oop but that does take time out of the parks.

Edited at 10:45 AM.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post

If you want sit down meals it is DDP that you need.
QSDP is fast food but I would add that it is not just burgers and nuggets, disney has a brilliant range of QSDP options, but you do still have to go to a counter and order and find yourself a seat like at a fast food place (with a couple of exceptions).

Some people like the flexibility of QSDP as they don't have to worry about booking tables 180 days in advance of where they are going to eat.

I prefer DDP as, like your husband, I enjoy a sit down meal and an hour out of the florida heat
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Snoobs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Amazing price!

Also a fan of the DDP, we like to have a sit down meal once a day, sometimes at lunch and sometimes at dinner, it helps us to unwind a little from all the excitement!

Book it now!
Old 26 Feb 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I'd definitely add a dining plan if you plan to just do Disney, it helps maximise your time in parks and you can save money but not having a car at all.

If affordable, I'd defo do full DDP as there are some lovely experiences to enjoy... this year we are just doing QSDP (and paying out of pocket for one sit down meal).

On QSDP there are some nice places to sit down and relax too...admittedly in a hustle bustle of a Macdoanlds kinda way.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies.
I called TCD and changed my booking, they gave me an extra discount (! ) and it came to £1825. So pretty chuffed with that.

The rep told me to wait until April before booking the DDP as they go on offer then and I might get a better price than adding now, no guarantees but worth waiting a few weeks. Definitely taking his advice on that.