Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
monkey14769
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I book in December for the 24th august this year with netflights man-mco for 540£ each for 9 of us.
If it was just me and wife I'd wait it out,looking on Skyscanner for same flights and travel bag had them at 340£.
But not the best company to use.
monkey14769 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by monkey14769 View Post
I book in December for the 24th august this year with netflights man-mco for 540£ each for 9 of us.
If it was just me and wife I'd wait it out,looking on Skyscanner for same flights and travel bag had them at 340£.
But not the best company to use.
That’s where my problem lies. I see some cheap flights but always worry whether or not the company is legit
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We paid £680pp for indirect flights last year from 5-27th August so I would imagine going leave rin August you could get pretty decent flight prices.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would look at indirects, reasoning that with, say a 3 hr layover in Atlanta or similar and 1 hr coming back, my travel time would work out around the same(no 3 hr immigration queue at MCO). I would also look to Heathrow, staying overnight and maybe doing Hary Potter world at Watford into the bargain. I would be aiming at very much sub £500pp.

Villas.. I would look at a 2 bed condo with 3 of you and probably go down the Airbnb route. Another option would be a suite at somewhere that does complimentary breakfast Staybridge Suites LBV might fit the bill.

Car. Budget car hire always works very well for us.

Disney tickets cost what they cost.

LBV probably makes an uber cheaper over a 2.5 week stay when you take into account both car hire and car parking fees at $22 per day in Disney.

I reckon that would come in comfortably sub your 5k budget depending on where you eat in the evenings.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all you advice I think we will go for the 2 weeks as the price really drops for flights if we travel approx 24th August rather than 17th. It will then make the trip a whole lot more affordable and we haven't got to worry whether or not we have enough money. I think the course of action is to sort a villa out first with a deposit then be brave enough to hold my nerve for flights. If we have to we will fly direct but it looks like there are good deals for directs too.

ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

If you look every day on momomdo, skyscanner and the like, and keep your eye on the cheap flight thread on here I'm confident you will get a bargain flight - we did man-phl-mco last year, ba fly drive £419pp 14 nights from 3rd August, back mco-lon-man. Also did dub-mco 2 years earlier, sub £500.

You just have to be quick to book when you see them! 😊😊
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Devonlou View Post
If you look every day on momomdo, skyscanner and the like, and keep your eye on the cheap flight thread on here I'm confident you will get a bargain flight - we did man-phl-mco last year, ba fly drive £419pp 14 nights from 3rd August, back mco-lon-man. Also did dub-mco 2 years earlier, sub £500.

You just have to be quick to book when you see them! 😊😊
Thank you - are there any companies on there to avoid?

I have read about the Dublin flights. We would fly probably from Manchester - do you put Manchester to Orlando on the search?

Old 27 Feb 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

Of course you are wise to proceed with caution, the best thing is see what comes up and do a bit of research although most will have good and bad reviews. Skyscanner and momondo are just search engines and will send you to elsewhere to book, which is where your research comes in. Always post on here if you are unsure of certain companies, you should also be able to access your booking on the airlines website straight away, which will put your mind at rest 😊😊 last years flights were direct with ba which was good!
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Devonlou View Post
Of course you are wise to proceed with caution, the best thing is see what comes up and do a bit of research although most will have good and bad reviews. Skyscanner and momondo are just search engines and will send you to elsewhere to book, which is where your research comes in. Always post on here if you are unsure of certain companies, you should also be able to access your booking on the airlines website straight away, which will put your mind at rest 😊😊 last years flights were direct with ba which was good!
Fabulous thank you

Old 27 Feb 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We’ve been looking for 21st August to 5th this year and there have been plenty of cheap flights in the £300’s and £400’s from lgw to tampa direct and man to Miami and then recently man to mco indirect. 21st seems to be the date the prices really drop. Unfortunately we aren’t able to book anything at the moment so hope we don’t miss the boat on the cheap flights if we do decide to go.

Edited at 12:56 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List