Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Manchester T2 Escape Lounge - Is it worth it?

Considering booking this thru Manchester airport website for £18.99pp. Never bothered with a lounge before but it’s likely we’d need to get breakfast in the airport so was thinking by the time we’ve paid fir breakfast and a cuppa, we’d not be far off £18.99 in any case. Online it states fresh hot and cold buffet food is available. Can anyone confirm what sort of food is generally available on the buffet? We’re not drinkers so won’t make use if the alcoholic offerings.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've only used it when we got it from virgin when flying upper. I wouldn't pay for it. The food is ok but there are plenty of restaurant choices that are better. Out of the two lounges you can pay in at Manchester the Aspire is the best but neither are anything special
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I've only used it when we got it from virgin when flying upper. I wouldn't pay for it. The food is ok but there are plenty of restaurant choices that are better. Out of the two lounges you can pay in at Manchester the Aspire is the best but neither are anything special
I agree with this.

We get the escape lounge fee with the bank account AND with upper class virgin. Over time, the feel of the lounge is a lot less exclusive than it once was.

The main escape lounge is now huge and feels like a large cafeteria to me. Nothing special at all other than a bit quieter than down by the gates.

upper class they sometimes whisk us to a smaller escape lounge and we had sausage/bacon/eggs there in Dec. It was smaller than the main lounge but the food wasnt as good as you'd get in one of the airport restaurants.

Overall, personally if we didn't get it free (twice! ) I wouldn't pay for it these days.

It's unfortunate that they've fallen so far behind because apparently the 1903 lounge in terminal 3 is brilliant!

I've heard rumours that with the expanded manchester airport, virgin may be looking to do their own lounge like they do in London. Let's hope so!
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Like Col we too have free access via UC, but don't go in. We used it in 2011 and it was dire, altho it was recently refurbed apparently it can still be disappointing. I don't know if they still do, but both the Escape and Aspire have had issues with hen/stag parties going into the lounges for a 'reet gud swalla' afore their flights.

You can see Escape Trip Adviser reviews HERE

Aspire reviews HERE.
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all, think I’ll give it a miss and just get breakfast in one of the restaurants instead.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

We have used it for the past 2 years but are giving it a miss this year as we are having breakfast in the Premier Inn.

Financially, a big factor for me is that I never drink before flying. Not dis-approving, just makes me feel a bit poorly and need a wee as soon as the seat belt signs go on!

However, if you like a few drinks in the lounge, it makes great sense to use the "free" bar for up to 3 hours. If you are paying around £20, then it's a good deal.
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pigletliz
Imagineer

Haven't used one at Manchester but did use the one at East Midlands as it was free with our flight. I wouldn't pay to use it. The only hot breakfast items were sausage or bacon bap, and there were a few pastries and cereal (didn't even have their own toilets, not sure how it is at MAN). If you wanted anything more than the baps you had to pay extra, so not worth £20 IMO.