Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Aug 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Except it seems they don't. Because some people are quoted a value which is greater than the price they paid for it (and, thus, the value will be somewhat greater than the price the vendor paid). See Alwaysdisley's post above.
If the vendor sells the ticket to you at a discount then disney will still give you the value they got from said vendor. It does not natter what you paid. Vendors do discount on times either as part of a package or to hit sales targets.
Also you get the odd CM that screws up and gives some random figure. That still seems to happen.
I def know they can now see a value on these tickets, what that is against what you paid is still mostly an unknown.
I think with the dollar excange being so low at the moment that may have an impact as well. I really dont know.
Old 19 Aug 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickymoose
Very Serious Dibber

Update. We have upgraded to a gold annual pass with DVC discount for $27 each. 21 day ultimate tickets are exempt/waived from the rule regarding use of waterparks and only then being allowed to upgrade to platinum plus. You can upgrade to whatever you like. I am not sure on 14 day ultimates.

This was at Epcot. They refunded our parking
mickymoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
If the vendor sells the ticket to you at a discount then disney will still give you the value they got from said vendor.
Still, even if Disney do know the vendor price, there are several other variables that mean the value someone receives for their ticket can be almost anything (within reason, of course). It's not just based on the price they paid - which, in turn, is usually related to the price the vendor paid.

The exchange rate when the ticket was bought, the current exchange rate, the CM you speak to, and a bunch of other things can lead to valuations ranging from £331 to over £395 - based just on two comments on this thread alone. As people have mentioned here, you could get significantly more than you paid for the ticket or significantly less.

Given that us customers don't know the vendor price - only the price we paid - and are unlikely to know the other influencing factors, it makes it hard to know what value you will receive from Disney.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
jonny_b
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

H emailed Disney to ask a few questions and this was my reply if it helps anyone

Hello Jonny,

The only way to upgrade a 14 day ultimate ticket to annual pass is at the gates in person. As far as the pricing without seeing the ticket I can only assume and this is just an approximate somewhere around 350 USD per person?

Sorry I really don’t work with tickets that often.

Wishing you a Magical Stay!
jonny_b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jonny_b View Post
As far as the pricing without seeing the ticket I can only assume and this is just an approximate somewhere around 350 USD per person?
$350?! Perhaps if the ticket was bought before 2014! For everyone's sake, I hope they don't value it at that price. Hopefully, closer to 350 pounds not dollars.

You'd think they would get someone who did work with tickets and perhaps had a better chance of actually being able to answer your question. Rather than someone who clearly has no idea.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Its disappointing that these variances are still happening as i know the changes that were made were to stop these wild differences. Am not sure if they changed back to the old system of bridging the ticket or if it's clueless cms. The only real variance should be the exchange rate and the vendor price. Clearly is just as random as before!
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mickymoose
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The CM we had has been doing these upgrades for 5 years.

They priced our 21 day ultimates at $600 (hence the upgrade of $27 as DVC gold tickets are $627 each).

We paid $561 dollars for our 21 day ultimates at today’s exchange rate. So we are happy.

We complained that we had three totally differing prices and advice regarding doing this. As people have said, shop around until you hit the price you want.

Here now and loving it!
mickymoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

H emailed Disney to ask a few questions and this was my reply if it helps anyone

Hello Jonny,

The only way to upgrade a 14 day ultimate ticket to annual pass is at the gates in person. As far as the pricing without seeing the ticket I can only assume and this is just an approximate somewhere around 350 USD per person?

Wishing you a Magical Stay!
What a useless answer!
Old 20 Aug 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mickymoose View Post
We complained that we had three totally differing prices and advice regarding doing this. As people have said, shop around until you hit the price you want.
And if they were all using the vendor price then the value would've been the same. Clearly, there are other factors at work - somehow the CMs are getting different prices from somewhere. Perhaps some still think they have to bridge the tickets?

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
The only real variance should be the exchange rate and the vendor price.
The weird thing is, Disney doesn't use the vendor price for American MYW tickets. If doesn't matter which vendor you buy a 5 day ticket from nor how much the vendor paid for it, if you want to upgrade it to a 6 day ticket it will cost $10.65. Because that's the current official price difference.

It seems strange that they would use the vendor price for UK tickets.

It would be easier for Disney to apply a standard price (perhaps based on the current official price converted to dollars) rather than storing a million different vendor prices for all the UK tickets sold.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

They use (or are supposed to use) the vendor price as they have no gate price on the ticket to get a value from. The ticket is not sold in the USA. Previously they would bridge the ticket to a current gate ticket, prob a 10 day hopper with water park and more as that's the biggest ticket they sell at the gate, then use that ticket to do the upgrade, that is where it all went wrong, as the CM's had no idea what ticket to bridge too. Then they started using the vendor price - which means we would always loose out, now recently we get reports again of them either bridging or doing something else- god knows what!

Seems mad as I thought at the least they actually had a uniform system now, but that seems not to be the case.

Edited at 07:07 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List