Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Nov 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Upper class lounge - Manchester?

Good morning,

Virgin offered us upper class today on our premium flights in September for £60pp, which we said yes too!

We fly from Manchester, and already had the V-Room booked, the lady asked if we wanted to book into the club lounge, which we said yes and cancelled the vroom for us; I can’t see anywhere even in their own books that there’s a Club lounge?

Is this a mistake? Should we phone to add back on v-room?...

Thanks in advance!
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

They use the Escape Lounge.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thank you for the reply, thought as much, be adding it back on!
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

There are actually two Escape Lounges in MAN T2. The main (much larger) one near gate 209 & down the corridor near the V-Room is a smaller Escape Lounge - this used to be called the Delta Escape Lounge.

The main Escape Lounge can get pretty busy at times and as it's a paid-entry lounge, there will always be a certain element in there lining the drinks up to get their moneys worth - at 8am On my last few trips in Upper Class I've been sent down to the smaller Escape Lounge near the V-Room, which only appeared to have Upper Class (or Flying Club Gold) passengers in it. It was not over busy and the breakfast buffet available was pretty good - the lunch menu was being put out as we left for boarding & also looked OK.

I've never been in a V-Room so cannot compare it - but the Escape Lounge (especially the smaller one) is more than adequate IMO.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
There are actually two Escape Lounges in MAN T2. The main (much larger) one near gate 209 & down the corridor near the V-Room is a smaller Escape Lounge - this used to be called the Delta Escape Lounge.

The main Escape Lounge can get pretty busy at times and as it's a paid-entry lounge, there will always be a certain element in there lining the drinks up to get their moneys worth - at 8am On my last few trips in Upper Class I've been sent down to the smaller Escape Lounge near the V-Room, which only appeared to have Upper Class (or Flying Club Gold) passengers in it. It was not over busy and the breakfast buffet available was pretty good - the lunch menu was being put out as we left for boarding & also looked OK.

I've never been in a V-Room so cannot compare it - but the Escape Lounge (especially the smaller one) is more than adequate IMO.
I agree, we were in the smaller lounge which was indeed full of upper class passengers and was lovely and quiet. Would definately go there rather than pay for any other lounge that’s if we ever go upper again
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cap'n Jack
Very Serious Dibber

Cap'n Jack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
Good morning,

Virgin offered us upper class today on our premium flights in September for £60pp, which we said yes too!

We fly from Manchester, and already had the V-Room booked, the lady asked if we wanted to book into the club lounge, which we said yes and cancelled the vroom for us; I can’t see anywhere even in their own books that there’s a Club lounge?

Is this a mistake? Should we phone to add back on v-room?...

Thanks in advance!
a big YES, the Escape Lounge is just not worth entering
Cap'n Jack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List