Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 27 Dec 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Universal Annual Pass - Best Option

We're thinking of having a change of plans and may have a Universal only holiday in August 2019. We're also planning on a 'full' Disney / Universal itinerary in August 2020. So I guess my question to you Universal / ticket experts is would I better trying to wedge the two Universal trips into a 365 day window and get an annual pass?

Thinking 10 days 24th Aug - 2nd September 2019.

August 20th(ish) for 2 weeks in 2020.

Would I just have to visit Universal first during my 2020 trip before 24th August 2020?
Old 27 Dec 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yes, definitely. You have to time the trips right though. If you activate your Universal AP (you can buy ahead of time if you wish) on 24th August 2018 it will expire on 23rd August 2019.

Watch out for 15 month for price of 12 deals - they have 18 for 12 on at the moment but it's renewals and new ones activated by 4th April only.

Edited at 09:15 PM. Reason: added info about new purchases
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yes, definitely. You have to time the trips right though. If you activate your Universal AP (you can buy ahead of time if you wish) on 24th August 2018 it will expire on 23rd August 2019.

Watch out for 15 month for price of 12 deals - they have 18 for 12 on at the moment but it's renewals only not new ones.
Does Universal do free months offers often (for APs)? We would be interested, but don't go until Aug, so don't qualify for the current offer which requires use by April
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
Does Universal do free months offers often (for APs)? We would be interested, but don't go until Aug, so don't qualify for the current offer which requires use by April
There was an offer in June '18 which I took advantage of so maybe once or twice a year.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

There was an offer in June '18 which I took advantage of so maybe once or twice a year.
What did you pay and what did you get?
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
What did you pay and what did you get?
I had an AP running which was due to expire in July 18, paid $307+tax to extend it to Oct 19. 15 months for the price of 12.

We used it in Sept and have just booked Hard Rock for Feb so making sure we get value out of it.
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Watch out for 15 month for price of 12 deals - they have 18 for 12 on at the moment but it's renewals and new ones activated by 4th April only.
Brilliant - thank you.

Do you happen to know of anywhere it’s possible to buy the annual pass in the UK or are my options Universal website in dollars or upgrading a 14-day when I’m there?
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

There is no way to buy in £'s. Use Universal Orlando website, buy in $'s and select 'pick up at ticket window' option. You can then use your email confirmation to collect at gate ticket office or Universal Hotel ticket desk. Ticket activates at first park entry use.

I wouldn't personally faff about trying to upgrade a UK ticket.
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Brilliant - thank you.

Do you happen to know of anywhere it’s possible to buy the annual pass in the UK or are my options Universal website in dollars or upgrading a 14-day when I’m there?
If you have a Halifax clarity card you won't pay exchange fees
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Just in case your timings are tight it is worth pointing out all AP expire 366 days after first use, so in the above example, it will expire on the 24th Aug.

This is why you pay for parking on the first visit apparently.