Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Jan 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ldaffe
Earning More Ears

Best restaurants to watch the MK fireworks from afterwards

Hi

We are looking to make an ADR for our last night when we go later the year.

Staying offsite.

Ideally would like to eat somewhere and then watch the fireworks immediately afterwards but without going into the park.

When we went 5 yrs ago we ate at Narcoossee's and in-between main course and dessert they stopped serving so everyone could go out onto the terrace and watch the fireworks. Was amazing.

Fully booked this time unfortunately so looking for somewhere else similar

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Ldaffe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumiere
Trying for More Ears

We always stay off site and IMO you can't beat California Grill, although it can be quite pricey the food is very good. It's also easy to make a quick getaway afterwards back to the car park.
Lumiere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We also booked Narcoossee's for our Golden Wedding anniversary dinner a couple of years ago. Although we had a window table I have to say that the view was a long way short of the view from Main Street.

It was still "Wishes" then and I'm not sure how the view of HEA will be from there.

When I posted some photos of the view another Dibber posted views from the California Grill at Contemporary which were much better.

We wanted to eat on the actual date of our anniversary but the CG was booked.

Mick
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Citricos and GF cafe are both good and you can walk out to the GF marina after you've eaten. Cali Grill has it's own deck next to watch from or after the Wave you can go to the 4th floor deck at the Contemporary.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Would agree with GF Cafe.😃

Edited at 07:27 AM. Reason: Mistake
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
maij
Proud to wear my Ears

maij's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sorry to jump in on this but what time would you all recommend booking a table for at these restaurants in order to be there for the fireworks? We will be there for just 2 days before going on a cruise and thought this would be a great day to spend the last evening...(It will be 31.08.19)
Old 1 Mar 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We love California Grill and completely recommend it for watching the fireworks
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by maij View Post
Sorry to jump in on this but what time would you all recommend booking a table for at these restaurants in order to be there for the fireworks? We will be there for just 2 days before going on a cruise and thought this would be a great day to spend the last evening...(It will be 31.08.19)
We booked for 7.40pm for a 9pm Wishes. They were on in the gap between entrée and dessert and we certainly weren't rushed.

However, as I said earlier, there are probably better dining view options.

Mick
Old 1 Mar 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

If I win the lottery I want a table at Capas - I believe you can see all of the fireworks from there (all be it in the distance)
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Any Grand Floridian restaurant and then I would go sit on the steps outside Gasparilla Island grill for an amazing view.

I find the California Grill view amazing but the viewing terrace is high up so super windy and chilly at night!