Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

list of unique attractions only in disney Asian parks?

Is there a website that lists all the attractions in Disney's Asian Parks that are unique to Asia and cannot be found in any disney parks in the world?
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don't know of a website that does that exact list you are looking for but the TDR Explorer site is good for the must-dos etc in each of the parks - just choose Guides on the top menu: tdrexplorer/
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

This is a "me"-generated list i.e. I looked at list of attractions in the Asian Disney parks and picked out the rides/etc that stood out to me as being particularly unique when I visited!

Tokyo Disneyland - a lot of rides are similar to rides in Disneyland/WDW but these stood out for me as being very different
- Pooh's Hunny Hunt - sort of like the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, but way more fun because of the ride mechanism (Ratatouille in DLP is similar to this in that they are both trackless ride systems)
- Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek
- Main Street Electrical Parade - I will say that this is miles ahead of the MSEP that used to run in WDW and a completely different (and superior) parade

Tokyo Disney Sea - almost everything here is different!
- Gondolas
- The boat ride that goes around the different lands. Yes it's just a boat ride, but it feels different in character just because of how the park is laid out
- Journey to the centre of the earth, which is sort of like a rollercoaster. Completely unique.
- 20,000 leagues under the sea. This is NOT a walkthrough (unlikely DLP) and is actually fun to be on.
- Carousel. Yes, I know it's a carousel. But the one here has two storeys and looks cooler!
- Sindbad's Voyage. Sort of like It's a Small World, but better as there's actually a storyline.
- Tower of Terror - putting this in here because the backstory is completely different and does not use the Twilight Zone as a backstory

Shanghai Disneyland
- Voyage to the crystal grotto. Which is a little bit like the Storybook land boat ride in DLP although a little bit more updated with water effects and a little part where you go under the castle.
- Pirates - included here because it is completely different from every other version of PoTC and superior to every other version of PoTC.
- Tron - coming to MK in the future though!

Hong Kong Disneyland - I don't feel completely qualified to comment on this as I haven't been here since 2010, but from reading blogs/etc it seems the following rides are unique
- Iron Man experience, which is a new ride
- Big Grizzly Mountain - which is supposed to be like BTM, but with differences
- Mystic Manor - I think this is another trackless ride system