Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Aug 16, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Also I would recommend KT tape if you haven't already. It is a life saver. Your consultant / physio should know about it but otherwise there are instructional videos on their website. You basically take your injury (depending on the injury and location) and it helps support your injury but also aids recovery time. It's the colourful tape
You see athletes use. It's amazing stuff and I used it all the time with me knee! It's quite expensive but worth it! (If you get the KT pro it stays on for about 5 days even with washing)
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 16, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't know if you are taking any analgesia but slow release Nurofen is brilliant. My knee used to sieze up during a long flight and slow release Nurofen was suggested. I take it in conjunction with paracetomol 6hrly. It has really helped!
Normally I would say buy the generic version but Nurofen is stronger than the generics available off the shelf.

Hope you heal quickly and have a great holiday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
Hi! I didn't need a note about my crutches. They just put them through
Scanners like everything else and didn't even bat an eyelid. I've also seen on some of the airport wheelchairs especially they have a little holder to put your crutches! I did take ice packs with me but didn't take them onto the plane (mainly because of liquids.) you could take a plastic bag with you on the plane and if you need to ice just put ice in it and put that on. I think you will be fine as long as you move around and just keep it warm.
Also I would recommend KT tape if you haven't already. It is a life saver. Your consultant / physio should know about it but otherwise there are instructional videos on their website. You basically take your injury (depending on the injury and location) and it helps support your injury but also aids recovery time. It's the colourful tape
You see athletes use. It's amazing stuff and I used it all the time with me knee! It's quite expensive but worth it! (If you get the KT pro it stays on for about 5 days even with washing)
Hi again!

Thank you for these posts, so much useful info and makes me feel so much reassured. Great tip about the wheelchairs and disability assistance - I didn't think they'd have those crutch holders but I have seen them before!

And the plastic bag idea is so good - asking the crew for ice would be so easy!

I have KT Tape, was given 3 of the pro version rolls by my physio. They have helped so much, so surprising for just being like strips of tape.

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
I don't know if you are taking any analgesia but slow release Nurofen is brilliant. My knee used to sieze up during a long flight and slow release Nurofen was suggested. I take it in conjunction with paracetomol 6hrly. It has really helped!
Normally I would say buy the generic version but Nurofen is stronger than the generics available off the shelf.

Hope you heal quickly and have a great holiday.
Aw thank you! I hope so too. Thank you for the advice, but I'm not sure if I can take anything else. I'm currently prescribed naproxen and I don't know if they interact with anything?
Old 15 Aug 16, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

No, Naproxin should be enough. They don,t mix with Brufen.
Old 15 Aug 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

KT tape is the best! I found it was on offer a lot in Boots last year so worth looking out for it!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
No, Naproxin should be enough. They don,t mix with Brufen.
Thanks for this, will stick with what the doctor has prescribed

KT tape is the best! I found it was on offer a lot in Boots last year so worth looking out for it!
Oh thats good to know as I do seem to use a bit of it - it doesn't adhere very well to my skin, I wonder its the heat at the mo?
Old 16 Aug 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread