Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 15, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by caspdex View Post
I didn't think there was any ride that had a queue you could take prams into.
He was in a baby carrier in the queues, how is that relevant?!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 15, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Vote with your feet, if you feel that strongly. I would expect as most GS may offer you a little bit off your next holiday. I don't know what you want them to do? They can only do what the law allows them to. By all means complain but I'm not sure it will get you far, unless the law changes in France.

BTW, it is unlikely your babies illness was caused by smoking. It's common this time of year and is caused by a virus usually, made worse if they are out and about in the cold a lot.

Smoke won't help but it's not usually the cause, more likely a virus aggravated by being out and about for long periods in these temps. No ones fault.

I maybe reading this wrong. But your posts are quite short, I get you are frustrated. However the time to complain is on holiday, where you can give them the chance to rectify it (formally) and if they can't and it ruins your holiday, escalate it when you get home.

Their hands are tied when it comes to people smoking in open areas.

Edited at 05:11 PM.
Old 27 Feb 15, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

It is relevant because you said:

is only so far you can move away from a ride your family are queuing in with 2 prams.

I could only assume you weren't in a ride queue, which does alter the nature of your complaint.
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 15, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Don't get me wrong - I totally understand why you are so upset. I would be too. Believe me, it's my number one gripe. On my bad days, I have fantasies of instituting a rule that every guest should be searched for smoking paraphernalia at the gates, and have it confiscated until they leave. Disney could give everyone a nicotine patch with a Mickey head on it ... (see, I've really thought this through!)

The thing is, though, it's just not going to happen. Most CMs aren't going to have the air of authority to tell a six-foot guy built like the proverbial, to go somewhere else to smoke. I've seen many CMs try to get people to stop, and either the person lights up again as soon as the CM moves on, or threatens them.

The same thing happens with the tour groups queue jumping in WDW (apparently - I've only been twice and never seen them). There are just too many people, doing it too often, so the CMs have stopped trying to deal with it.

I would seriously love to see DLP address this issue, though. Maybe now there's a new man at the helm, it's time for a concerted effort to make them listen?
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 15, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

this thread worries me

our first trip looming and its always been a reason not to go to DLP

ref the " tour groups queue jumpers " in WDW, we have been a few times and never seen it happen once
Old 27 Feb 15, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
this thread worries me

ref the " tour groups queue jumpers " in WDW, we have been a few times and never seen it happen once
Oh they happen alright...

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 15, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
this thread worries me

To be honest, most of the time you will only notice it if you actively go looking for it.

Admittedly we always go during term time and rarely at weekends (though we will be there next weekend!) so we can avoid busy times. But really, most of the time it isn't that noticeable. In my 45 minute journey to work, I walk through more smoke from people smoking cigarettes than I do on an average day at DLP.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Oh they happen alright...

dont get me wrong, i have seen tour groups ( from south american countries, brazil i guess )

but never seen them all descend on mass and try and push in-front of me, though i am 6ft 3 and 17 stone, so they might get to me and stop
Old 27 Feb 15, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
To be honest, most of the time you will only notice it if you actively go looking for it.

Admittedly we always go during term time and rarely at weekends (though we will be there next weekend!) so we can avoid busy times. But really, most of the time it isn't that noticeable. In my 45 minute journey to work, I walk through more smoke from people smoking cigarettes than I do on an average day at DLP.

thanks

we are going mid week ( as you know ) and i guess the lines will be fairly low, so hopefully that will see us right
Old 27 Feb 15, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
We have only once seen anyone smoking in a queue line, and the CMs were straight on it and the guest told to stop or he would be removed from the ride.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread