Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Scotts2a View Post
Thanks, Manchester is our local airport
Last time we went, Thomas Cook was the cheapest direct airline from Manchester. That was flying in the Easter holidays though, not June.

I've never fancied flying indirect so I don't know whether there were cheaper indirect flights (there probably were).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

Car. (Through Expedia). A Chevy Cruze through Budget (part of the Avis group), £417 inc CDW. Pick up and drop at Fort Lauderdale.

Hoping it helps you. With more research, I feel sure that I could go lower than that!
I've been looking at getting car hire and I couldn't see on the expedia site what their prices included. All I managed to see is "Includes insurance" but didn't say what insurance. Is SLI and CDW definitely covered with Expedia?
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
I've been looking at getting car hire and I couldn't see on the expedia site what their prices included. All I managed to see is "Includes insurance" but didn't say what insurance. Is SLI and CDW definitely covered with Expedia?
I booked a car in Italy this year through Expedia it did cover everything but had a $750 excess I took out a policy in line here with a third party insurer that made that zero.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I booked a car in Italy this year through Expedia it did cover everything but had a $750 excess I took out a policy in line here with a third party insurer that made that zero.
I've done that when hiring a car in Europe too.

I'd really like to know what Expedia include with their US Budget cars though as they are significantly cheaper than anywhere else for my dates.
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

All Expedia are is a search engine that leads you in to Alamo, Budget' Avis, Hertz etc . The deal is with the car hirer, in this case it was Budget.

Budget car hire comes with CDW. I would never drive in the US without it. I also get seperate insurance to protect the excess. For this calendar year it was £55 for car hire worldwide.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
clarebearuk
Dancing with Tink'

Make sure you check different departure airports.

I was pricing from Dub to Orlando and it was much cheaper going Dub - Man- Orlando. But if I priced Man-Orlando it was more expensive.

Likewise when we priced Belfast to orlando we got a much better deal doing Belfast-LGW-MCO - it was more expensive than LGW-MCO! Crazy!

Last year we got flights direct from Belfast with virgin for £1300 in May for 2ad 2ch.
This year we just booked in the BA sale - belfast-lgw-mco - 2 weeks in July - 2ad 2ch - £1600 including car which was costing £400 anyway - so flights were £1200! Plus as we including the car we only paid £300 deposit, rest is due 5 weeks before we fly! 😃😃 so def play about with airports if it suits you.
clarebearuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
All Expedia are is a search engine that leads you in to Alamo, Budget' Avis, Hertz etc . The deal is with the car hirer, in this case it was Budget.

Budget car hire comes with CDW. I would never drive in the US without it. I also get seperate insurance to protect the excess. For this calendar year it was £55 for car hire worldwide.
I thought CDW was no excess? I guess I thought wrong.

Is SLI included too?

The Expedia site didn't lead me to any other site when I clicked on the particular car I was interested in - it just went to an Expedia booking page.
Old 3 Nov 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry to bring the thread back up, apart from the obvious benefits of having a vehicle out there, financially, park payments, hotel paying, is there realistically an alternative to hiring a car if you're not staying on site. It might start costing a bit for uber's if we get a villa. Thanks
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

My son is currently staying in the comfort inn suites at Maingate. Hes not driving (too young) they provide shuttles to all the parks - he will be using a mix of the hotels shuttles and Uber to get around as suites.

Uber is surprisingly cheap - in my opinion anyway.

Quite a few of the hotels provide a shuttle service to the parks.

happy holiday hunting
dippy lippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

And dont forget the parks charge 22 dollars for parking!
dippy lippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List