Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Aug 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Well I'm back to it after numerous setbacks nd I've just finished week 4 but I prefer to run further so I do more repetitions than they say so that I cover at least 3 miles, I have done the program before so know that works for me now but I still am amazed how quickly it becomes easier after gasping my way through week 1!

I'm off on holiday for 3 weeks and I know I won't be able to run when I'm away (no gym and not running solo in Africa!) so hopefully plenty of walking will keep my fitness and I will be ok when I get back.

DD has asked me to do the Disney Half Marathon January 2021 when she is going to attempt the Marathon as well. Not sure if I'm brave enough to take on that challenge at my age!

Just to sya that when I first did C25K a few years ago I did it solely on the treadmill and though I would never run outside. I stopped running when I got lazy and eventually went back to it and mainly run outside. It is so much nicer than the treadmill and I must admit when it rains an I have to run on the Dreadmill I find it much harder to keep going. Please give outside a go, it took me a while to realise no-one is looking at me and if they are and they are judging me then that's their problem not mine!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just did my first ever park run and it was a lot harder than I was expecting but I still enjoyed it. My time was 00:34:35 and I can hopefully improve on that now that I know what I'm doing

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
... Just to sya that when I first did C25K a few years ago I did it solely on the treadmill and though I would never run outside. I stopped running when I got lazy and eventually went back to it and mainly run outside. It is so much nicer than the treadmill and I must admit when it rains an I have to run on the Dreadmill I find it much harder to keep going. Please give outside a go, it took me a while to realise no-one is looking at me and if they are and they are judging me then that's their problem not mine!
Totally agree with this, I did my C25K on the treadmill and only ventured out for the first time about 3 months ago. It took some getting used to but I now love running outside and I'm dreading heading back inside in icy weather.

As Dawn said, if you haven't run outside give it a go

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Just did my first ever park run and it was a lot harder than I was expecting but I still enjoyed it. My time was 00:34:35...
Well done!
I’m hoping to do ParkRun when I feel ready to! That sounds like a good time to me. I am probably looking more at ~40mins at my current pace. When I graduate, I’ll have a look at doing the local park run course by myself first as a tester. Luckily I only live a 10 to 15 min walk away from my nearest.
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissRed View Post
Well done!
I’m hoping to do ParkRun when I feel ready to! That sounds like a good time to me. I am probably looking more at ~40mins at my current pace. When I graduate, I’ll have a look at doing the local park run course by myself first as a tester. Luckily I only live a 10 to 15 min walk away from my nearest.
I didn’t feel ready for park run at first, but I am on to the 10 min at a time runs, at last weekend did 6k (park run was cancelled 🙈 and I’m training for a 10K)
However I am very slow - did 44 mins at the last park run the week before, but I’m never last, there’s always walkers at every course, and as long as you don’t mind bringing up the rear a little bit it’s such an encouraging atmosphere (well for most of them)!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MissRed View Post
Well done!
I wasn't ready for a park run at first I just concentrated on consolidation, working on my times and distance and just getting comfortable running. I then did a 5 -10k program that took 8 weeks and now I try and do one 10k run a week. I've signed up for a 10k race in October and there's another one in two weeks that is close to where I live so I'm going to try running that course myself before I decide whether to do the 5 or 10k for that one.

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
I didn’t feel ready for park run at first, but I am on to the 10 min at a time runs, at last weekend did 6k (park run was cancelled 🙈 and I’m training for a 10K)
However I am very slow - did 44 mins at the last park run the week before, but I’m never last, there’s always walkers at every course, and as long as you don’t mind bringing up the rear a little bit it’s such an encouraging atmosphere (well for most of them)!
I found the park run yesterday really encouraging which I think helped.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well. I’ve just managed week 3 run 1 without giving up or dropping down dead. So I’m pretty chuffed. Just need to keep on going...

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Some excellent progress made here.

I’m still to make my first post holiday run. I blame jetlag!

Old 2 Sep 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Some excellent progress made here.

I’m still to make my first post holiday run. I blame jetlag!

Head out there, it will blow the jet lag away

Old 2 Sep 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I graduated on Friday at Castaway Cay with the 5K 😀

Will get back to running once home and over the jet lag so it might take me a couple of goes to get the 30 minutes again.

I feel very proud of what I’ve achieved and hope to keep it up.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
I haven't ventured to a Parkrun yet as there isn't really a convenient one but we had friends visit last week who have run a couple of hundred each and they say that there are always walkers so I am now not worried about my time. 44 minutes sounds ok to me, I probably do it in about 38 but so does DD but she can complete marathons at that pace too so she tells me as long as I'm moving I'm doing ok!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List