Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Who is going soon?

This forum has gone a bit quiet - is anyone else going soon? If so how are your plans coming together?

We set off in less than 3 weeks now - flying to Tokyo first for a week (4 days Disney, 3 days central), then a week covering Hiroshima, Kyoto and Osaka, then onto Hong Kong for 4 days before flying home.

Last weekend I had a blitz on buying all the tickets I need like Disney tickets, Universal Studios, sorting our Japan rail passes, airport parking etc - so feel I am nearly there. I need to order my currency and finish my daily plans - and pack of course.

Can't wait! :-)

So anyone else going soon? How's the preparation going?

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

We are off back to Japan in later in the year, as we went last year the planning is a little more relaxed!, but I picked a different hotel this time, the Park Hotel in Shiodome, and I am only planning on doing one day that was the same as last year.

Really looking forward to the second visit, this time we are off to Yokohama, Hokkaido, Kanazawa, all on different Shinkansen routes, so we got to go on different trains.

I am currently looking at maybe booking a cooking lesson in Japanese food, but other things are the train museum at Nagoya, day trip to Osaka to see the castle and Dontabori street, plus I think Kobe is on the cards for a visit to Steakland!

So its all still go, go, go!

Edited at 08:43 AM.
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Not 'soon' (I wish!) but we are pretty set for February now. Found some great priced flights under £400 each from our local airport BHX so snapped them up after longing for a trip to Tokyo for about 10 years.

It's a bit of a whirlwind trip with 4 nights in Tokyo and 4 nights at Disney, but it had to be kept short as I'll be missing a week of Uni for it in Feb. We'll be back to Japan to explore Kyoto, Osaka etc. In the future I'm sure.

We did 5 nights in Hong Kong after Thailand last year and it was amazing, easily our favourite place we have visited so far. Hong Kong Disneyland is wonderful too, Mystic Manor and Grizzly are both in my all time top 5 attractions!
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

Me, me, me - I'm going soon!

Online checkin in 48 hours, take-off in 96 hours!

Huge plans including Shanghai Disney (obviously) in the Toy Story hotel then Shanghai, then to Xian in an overnight Sleeper cabin. From Xian it's then onto Beijing for 5 more nights. We're there for a total of 16 days (inc arrival day in morning and leaving day in evening).

As a family we love Disney and all the planning but China is on a totally different level. See my detailed plans here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1027809

We are all mega excited and can't wait! And our visa arrived yesterday, so that's great!
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SuzyM View Post
This forum has gone a bit quiet - is anyone else going soon? If so how are your plans coming together?

We set off in less than 3 weeks now - flying to Tokyo first for a week (4 days Disney, 3 days central), then a week covering Hiroshima, Kyoto and Osaka, then onto Hong Kong for 4 days before flying home.

Last weekend I had a blitz on buying all the tickets I need like Disney tickets, Universal Studios, sorting our Japan rail passes, airport parking etc - so feel I am nearly there. I need to order my currency and finish my daily plans - and pack of course.

Can't wait! :-)

So anyone else going soon? How's the preparation going?

Suzy
We aren't long back from Hong Kong so no trips planned for us. I would really love to do Japan next year though so will be interested to hear all about your trip. Was looking at similar options with a week in Tokyo then a week in Osaka / Kyoto area. We would also need to go in July / August.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
Not 'soon' (I wish!) but we are pretty set for February now. Found some great priced flights under £400 each from our local airport BHX so snapped them up after longing for a trip to Tokyo for about 10 years.

It's a bit of a whirlwind trip with 4 nights in Tokyo and 4 nights at Disney, but it had to be kept short as I'll be missing a week of Uni for it in Feb. We'll be back to Japan to explore Kyoto, Osaka etc. In the future I'm sure.

We did 5 nights in Hong Kong after Thailand last year and it was amazing, easily our favourite place we have visited so far. Hong Kong Disneyland is wonderful too, Mystic Manor and Grizzly are both in my all time top 5 attractions!
We loved HK & HK Disneyland too. So much to see and do in the city. We had a night at the new explorers hotel at Disneyland which was amazing. Mystic manor was so well done and we loved the night parade. Our last day there it was so wet it was really quiet and we got to meet loads of characters too.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Have a fantastic time to all still due to go. We had a fantastic time in HK... Just Shanghai and Tokyo to go now!

Looking forward to all the trip reports!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
We are off back to Japan in later in the year, as we went last year the planning is a little more relaxed!, but I picked a different hotel this time, the Park Hotel in Shiodome, and I am only planning on doing one day that was the same as last year.

Really looking forward to the second visit, this time we are off to Yokohama, Hokkaido, Kanazawa, all on different Shinkansen routes, so we got to go on different trains.

I am currently looking at maybe booking a cooking lesson in Japanese food, but other things are the train museum at Nagoya, day trip to Osaka to see the castle and Dontabori street, plus I think Kobe is on the cards for a visit to Steakland!

Kevin we loved Steakland went last year as we missed it on our trip year before.My son got excepted to school in Nagoya next month he leaves .I plan on going to see him several times in the next year as so many places want to go still .I cant wait to read your trip report when are you going?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tanzanite View Post
Kevin we loved Steakland went last year as we missed it on our trip year before.My son got excepted to school in Nagoya next month he leaves .I plan on going to see him several times in the next year as so many places want to go still .I cant wait to read your trip report when are you going?
I saw Steakland on a YouTube video and thought that's the place!

Was it very expensive and how was it?

We plan to visit Nagoya as well as it has a train museum!
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post

All sounds great - your trip report and your advice on the trains really helped with my planning - so thank you for that!

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List