Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Took DS to Lincoln yesterday. All well arranged one car park to check in and get details and then a short drive to his halls. We diddn't go till half way through his checking in time block so I think we missed the mad rush as we easily got parked up outside his building. A couple of SU helpers assisted us and even though I was going mad at the amount of stuff he was taking it all fitted in his cell.
He allowed us to stay till I had connected his Xbox and Fire Tv and then he booted us out as he had arranged to go out with his new flat mates. He texted us on the way home to tell us he had left his Star Wars droid and could I nip it down to him(no chance)we also got a picture of his first student cocktail at a freshers party. I have checked this morning that hes up though as he had a lesson/talk at 9.30. I was expecting tears from DW as she nearly opened up on Saturday night when his Gran started blubbing but she kept it all in though I suspect it might hit her more tonight when hes not about. I hope the kids struggling find their feet soon it must be very stressing for them and the parents.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear that. I hope his appeal is successful.

If not is he thinking about staying and redoing there, or moving on? My DS stayed there for his second first year as he was confident in the area and housing etc. He was able to do different modules for some which helped. And same for others. He worked part time so go some cash in.

Whatever happens am sure he will make the best decision for himself. Things have a way of working themselves out. But I agree always expect the unexpected.
They won’t let him retake the year as he passed everything else . It’s really thrown him and us!
He’s going to stay down there probably for as long as he can afford it, he has a job but it’s not really steady enough so he’s looking for another .
He just called me actually and the same friend is in hospital with a fractured skull after a nasty fall at their house .
I’m glad ds wasn’t there to witness it as I don’t think he could handle much more at the moment , he’s very worried about his friend though obviously and is going to see him today and his friends’ parents are on their way thankfully .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Edna Cloud View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this; that sounds so inflexible of the university. Surely he could do an extra credit this year or something? I can't advise really because I expect universities are laws unto themselves, but frustrating and upsetting.

Hope he finds a solution soon.

EC
Thank you , yeah it really does sound like that , we still hope we are wrong and they’ll see sense 🤞🏼
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Thank you , yeah it really does sound like that , we still hope we are wrong and they’ll see sense 🤞🏼
How very frustrating. I hope it works out!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry I haven’t kept up well with all the moving in’s this week as we took the opportunity to have our last weekend with Georgia away in our caravan, which was a lovely relaxing break for us all.

I’m so pleased to hear so many of our children have started to settle in well and that the move went well for many (without too many tears).

So sorry to hear that a few are struggling and aren’t settling as easily. I think that most students have a time of homesickness, for some it’s when they move in but for others it will hit them in a few weeks time. I hope they all settle and enjoy their new adventure soon, as it’s heartbreaking to see them upset and know you can’t really change anything as they have to come to terms with all the changes themselves

I’m not sure how I will be on Saturday, we have been through it before with our older boys but it feels so much different with Georgia (I think because she is our last to go and also because she is so close to me) I know we will miss her presence in the house as she certainly isn’t quiet 😂 I’m trying to tell myself that she will come home for weekends quite often and there are long uni holidays to look forward to, which is helping me cope. Plus I’m excited for her and hope she loves her new life at uni and living in a city and look forward to her regularly chatting to tell me all about it 😀

Best wishes to all who have moved and to the ones who are moving this weekend like Georgia (I feel this week will go far too quickly) and the weekend after that. I’m sure we will all be here to continue to support each other throughout the adjustments for ourselves and our children xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover43
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 158
Got to DS's uni at about 3, finally finished his room just after 5. All good so I thought until I get this from him

I was really panicking, thinking the worst. Then he sent me this

Excuse the language.Little sod lol
Old Key West August 2012
Port Orleans Riverside August 2014
NY/HRH and Beach Club July/Aug 2016
disneylover43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneylover43 View Post
Got to DS's uni at about 3, finally finished his room just after 5. All good so I thought until I get this from him

That made me laugh 🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover43
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 158
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
That made me laugh 🤣
Me too EVENTUALLY
Old Key West August 2012
Port Orleans Riverside August 2014
NY/HRH and Beach Club July/Aug 2016
disneylover43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This is so funny, I love it!
It’s very like my ds and I 😂
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like the kind of thing my son would do!

I’m sorry to hear that some of our kids are finding it a bit tricky but I’m sure most will settle in soon enough. Moving away from home is hard, even if that’s what you really wanted.

Hope most of us parents are okay - I know I’m going to find that drive back down the motorway very hard.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List