Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Feb 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BraveLiver
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Bubba Gumps at City Walk

I've never been overly impressed with Bubba Gumps in the past, always saw it as a gimmick rather than a good restaurant, but I was over-ruled and went there 2 weeks ago.

I can honestly say I won't be setting foot in it again - the staff are really good and I couldn't fault them but the food is poor value for money. The shrimp is average and not worth the hefty price. My brother ordered the fish n chips and had to look for the fish, it was basically Batter n Chips. The beer prices were horrendous at $13-$14 a pint (for a Bud Light! ).

Will definitely not be returning. Jimmy Buffets a doors away was excellent, so too Antojitos and Vivo but a huge thumbs down for Gumps. Awful
BraveLiver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

It is dreadful and you're spot on, it is a gimmick! Sorry but its over-priced and poor quality. Been once and never again!
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree, mediocre quality food at high prices but people always seem to be queuing to get in...

Once was enough for us ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I really like it

It introduced me to shrimp and I've tried several dishes now, I have never had a bad meal. I do find it pricey, but no more so than any other theme park restaurant.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We have always enjoyed it. The cocktails are great😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we went there for my special birthday meal a while ago, we'd booked a hotel nearby, and were off out on a big night in citywalk so were up for a few cocktails or whatever.

the food was average at best, overpriced, and the waitress pretty much ignored us all night. we were lucky to even get a second drink, it took us 10 minutes of waving at her till she came over and served us.

we ate our meal and left straight away, leaving a $0.01 tip. no plans on ever going back, there's so many other GREAT seafood places, why would anyone waste their time in that place?

instead, bob marleys and the duelling piano bar got our money with their fantastic and ridiculous cocktails
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Shame as the Landry's restaurants are generally very good.
Old 27 Feb 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We thought the same after we went in city walk, liked the theming but over priced and average food
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Always had really good food and a fun experience (5 visits in 10 years) - agree it's overpriced, but where isn't in / near a theme park that is themed. I was more disappointed with Hard Rock Cafe!

Defo worth a try if you haven't been...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went once and, as I am not a seafood eater, I had the pulled pork sandwich. It was stone cold and when we complained the server was really off with us. Won't be returning, why bother when there are so many other amazing places to eat?