Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Sep 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Holiday dilemma

We’ve booked a villa in Fuerteventura for August next year & have been patiently waiting to book flights. I was hoping to book EasyJet on Thursday & was up at 5.30am, only to find Manchester to Fuerteventura hadn’t been released. Their next flight release is in November but for flights going in September & October next year. So it looks like EasyJet won’t be an option. Our other idea was to go from Glasgow, which was quite a bit cheaper than Manchester, but was with Thomas Cook! We can still go from Glasgow for about £1400 for 4 of us but this is a lot more than I ever thought we’d pay. My worry now is that if TC go bump, there will be less choice & the prices will go up. We’ve even considered losing the villa deposit & starting again but I keep comparing everything to the villa we’ve got booked, which looks lovely. What would you do?
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don’t think I would be chancing TC to be honest. I wouldn’t want the uncertainty. I would chance it and wait.

I know Ryanair get a bad press but could you wait for their summer release ( not sure when it is) They go from Glasgow Prestwick. We have never had any issue with them. Have you looked at Jet 2 ?
I didn’t have much luck with EasyJet either.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Jet 2 works out about £1400 from Glasgow & more from Manchester. Tui want £402 each from Manchester plus £188 for seats & 2 cases between us.

Edited at 07:06 PM.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It does seem a lot. I would hold off still especially if your villa is so nice. Check your villa though to see when you would lose more than your deposit. We paid £150 each with TUI for Lanzarote ( I would have thought similarly priced) from Glasgow for this August, booked around May this year. It was worth the drive from Lancashire as Manchester was silly prices.
Edited to say we don’t book seats and go hand luggage only !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We had a similar problem for next summer.
I had found a villa at which I really wanted to stay in Northern Cyprus. This involves flying into Larnaca and then getting a taxi across the border to our chosen location, Kyrenia... and back for the return flight home. I figured on a nice , cheap bucket and spade vacation... then came the shock.
I was looking at £500 plus pp from both TUI and TC (Squeezy jet had not yet released). I lived in Cyprus for 2 years ( albeit many years ago) and don’t value it that highly.

I found an easy solution. I did not follow up my booking interest and went for a cheaper, bargain basement, budget option... LHR to San Francisco and then Vancouver to LHR during the Easter school holidays... £395pp direct with BA.

Quite frankly, some of the quoted prices for short haul during school hols are comical. Whilst I refuse to afford Europe, I must go cheap and visit the West Coast instead! Maybe I can afford Euroland in 2021.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:29 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure where you live but have you considered Liverpool?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Not sure where you live but have you considered Liverpool?
Yes, we are about close to Liverpool, but I think only EasyJet fly from there & they haven’t got any flights for August.
Old 21 Sep 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have now had confirmation from EasyJet that if a flight for next summer (up to August) isn’t available to book now, it won’t be available at all. Back to the drawing board!
Old 3 Oct 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Tui flights have now gone up to £462 each plus seats & 2 cases. That works out at about £2000! It will be cheaper to go to Florida at this rate.
Old 3 Oct 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
Tui flights have now gone up to £462 each plus seats & 2 cases. That works out at about £2000! It will be cheaper to go to Florida at this rate.
What’s your dates? Edinburgh do Fuerteventura ? Ryanair
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List