Old 27 Aug 10, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
Pocahontas definitely does wear a chamois bikini - dependant upon the weather of course. If it is a bit cooler she wears a chamois dress. DH loves Jasmine too and is feeling a little upset that DD doesn't want to see the princesses when we go in Oct. How dare our children get too old for the characters?
Hi Jo,

I'll be sure to pass that info onto Gordon, I'm sure he'll be hoping for good weather then. I did ask Gordon if he would be unhappy at not meeting Jasmine and the other Princesses at Akershus, but he seemed to feel he would get plenty of opportunity to see them round the parks. Stalking in other words.

Originally Posted by Alyson View Post
Well I think you will all have a ball! What a great pre-trippie
Hi Alyson!

Thanks for reading, glad you're enjoying it so far!

Originally Posted by chocaholic110 View Post
Great update. Wish my hubby participated in the planning and Disneyness as much as yours does. I am having a problem with your trip report title though - Margarita sounds too feminine to be "son" of Biergarten. Daughter maybe? Wife? Lover? Definitely not son though...
Hi Rachel,

Gordon doesn't do so much of the planning as such - he just likes looking at all the Disney blogs, and will offer a few suggestions here and there. Mainly involving Biergarten.

I did think of other titles, but 'Wife of...or Daughter of' didn't have the same ring to it.!? Plus I wanted Margarita's in there lol!

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
Di! fab pre-trippie - knew it would be! after your last report, have been looking forward to this one!
Hi Colette!

Thanks for reading, hope it lives up to it!

Originally Posted by JamboJack View Post
Hey Di I've been waiting patiently for this as I've been following Gordon's deliberations re ADRs etc via FB. Loving Ben's pic and definitely one for those 'special' birthdays and of course the first time he brings a girlfriend home!

Looking forward to reading more and I'm off now to read your update as I haven't managed to read all the replies!

xx
Hi Lesley!

You read my mind for the plans with that photo!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Update #2 27/8/10

(Adopting Dr Nick Riveria voice)

"Hi Everybody!"

Another update - this time with some unexpected Disney magic for us, and our ADRs and itinery. Why I've started added random colours here there and everywhere I have no idea, but I can't stop now!

We had booked to stay at Port Orleans Riverside direct with Disney, and upgraded to TS DDP. Which we were really looking forward too as it looks a beautiful resort - plus it's near my beloved POFQ and the delish beignets! mmmmmmmm.

So a couple of months ago, when daily perusing the Dibb I noted a thread talking about moderate resort guests being given an upgrade. My interest piqued, as I was indeed, a Disney moderate resort guest I read it then immediately checked my email account, not expecting anything as I'm one of those people who never gets anything. See my previous TR for details of my unfortunate incidents with sunglasses.

For once my luck was in! We were one of the lucky moderate resort guests to be offered the upgrade to either OKW or SSR! Yay! We had looked into booking OKW, but POR was slightly less £ and it looked lovely last time when we stayed at POFQ. Susan and I both took the upgrade to a 1 bed villa at Old Key West, as we both liked the look of it, and the rooms are slightly bigger.

We've requested Old Turtle Pond Rd area, in one of the refurbished blocks, but no biggie if we don't get it. It was totally unexpected but a really lovely piece of Disney magic! The 1 bed will be great for us, as it gives us much more space with the kids, and if we get a refurbed room they won't need to share a sofa bed.

OKW looks beautiful, so we can't wait! Being in the 1 bed villa will be great as, having a kitchen/dining area means we can stock up in WalMart/Publix for breakfast goodies and just have breakfast in the villa. The CS place in OKW looks small, and selection will be limited, and it actually works out better for us. We'll be quicker getting going in the morning and it saves our CS credits for when we're in the parks for lunch etc! My frugal Scottish brain never switches off you see!

As I mentioned previously I have been planning this holiday for quite a while, so we had a pretty good idea of where we wanted to eat at, new places to try. We have tweaked a few things, but I think the ADR's are pretty much set now.

I'll briefly lay out the itinery for you and the ADR's. I should let you know now, I don't really pay any attention to busy day guides or anything. I figure it will always be busy - it's Disney, right?!.

My general planning revolves round the thinking - avoid the theme parks at the weekends as everyone and their aunt will be there. So my weekend plans generally involve a waterpark, mini golf or some such like. (I know the general consensus is that waterparks are busy at weekends, but in my mind that is not the case). Feel free to try and point this out to me, by using actual attendance figures and other such "scientific 'facts'" (so called), but I will feel free to go on and ignore you.

Using my trusty 'bible' the Unofficial Guide 2010 - romantic Christmas gift from my husband, my inate sense of direction and trusty frugal Scottish brain, I set to and came up with the following.

Day 1 (travel day) Our flight is Continental from Edinburgh, leaving at 0925. Booked the airport parking a couple of months ago with a discount link from Briarrose. As I like to get to the airport early, I booked to arrive at the carpark from 5.30. It will take us about an 90 mins to drive to Edinburgh airport . Haven't bothered to book an airport hotel, as I'd want to get to the airport just as early anyway, and I never sleep well in these places, so thought I'd be better saving money and not sleeping in the car.

It's an indirect flight via Newark. We have 90 mins stopover, which is a bit tight, but numerous Dibbers have informed me it is plenty of time, so if this is not the case, I know who they are and will take my revenge slowly. We should get into MCO for 16.15. Being my usual slightly paranoid self I have done regular dummy bookings for Newark-MCO flights for 4 and there seems to be plenty of availability for the later shuttles.

I've booked ME to take us to the resort, haven't had email confirmation so will need to double check. Having gone through immigration at Newark we should come straight out of MCO. I had been planning to use my #1 Dibb tip when it comes to getting through immigration quick - stick to the right next to the US residents line, but I heard mention they don't do that at Newark. Will try and stand as much to the right as I possibly can though, just in case.

Am also planning on just taking the cases with us on MCO as I want them to get to the resort at the same time we do. After check in will just check out the resort, and possibly take a wee boat trip to DTD.

Day 2 - Saturday. After a quick breakfast in the resort, we'll go and pick the car up from the Car Care Centre. I booked this using the Brits Guide discount which worked better value than anywhere else. Have just booked a 2 door economy as we will just be dotting around the place, and won't be filling it with suitcases. Plus we booked this the last time and got a 4 door Toyota Yaris (size of an Focus). Much to Michael's disgust, he couldn't persuade me to book something bigger, and couldn't understand when I kept saying it wouldn't bother me if we didn't get an upgrade this time - don't actually think it was an upgrade, I just think they don't actually have any 2 door small cars. Just cause he can't stop himself with playing with cars, that boy's had more new cars than I've had hot dinners.

After this, am ignoring my own advice and heading to a theme park - Magic Kingdom. But hey, it's our first full day, and we have to do MK! It's not a holiday till we see it. Won't be planning too many rides, just taking in the atmosphere. Will just try and avoid everyone's aunt, I believe she's easy to spot.

Dinner that night at Manny's, which we are really looking forward to. Wishes is on that night, so we may head back to see that, or just chill back at the resort.

Day 3 - Sunday. Again, ignoring my own planning rules, today will be a park day - DHS. Again just a chill day, taking in what we can. We might be meeting up with a friend who stays in Tampa, and who wanted to see Gordon volunteer for the Indiana Jones show - hence the DHS day.
[IMG][/IMG]It will be Gordon avoiding the big axes, just you wait and see.

Lunch - we may go to Beaches and Cream. We want to try the Kitchen Sink, so might do it today, or just get a burger, we're planning to try B&C another time too. It will also remove us from the park for a while, I maybe getting annoyed with everyone's aunt by this time. She gets everywhere you know.

Dinner - 6.16pm ADR at Garden Grill at The Land at Epcot. This is one of our favourite character meals, so couldn't miss it! We will be dining with Briarrose and family, this will be their first meal at GG, so hoping they enjoy it too!
[IMG][/IMG]

Day 4 - Monday. Today will be an Epcot day. We never really spent anytime in Epcot the first 3 visits, but since being on the DDP we have enjoyed it more and more till it is one of our favourite parks. Will try and do a couple of Kim Possible missions around WS.

Dinner - 6.15pm ADR at Raglan Road. Again looking forward to this, especially the Bailey's creme brulee. And a cocktail, don't think they do my beloved margarita, but am sure I'll find something I like.

Day 5 - Tuesday. Either an Epcot or DHS day, will see how we feel.

Either way may try B&C again for lunch, and just get the friendship boat to Y&BC.

Dinner - 6pm ADR at 9 Dragons. Ate here in 06 and enjoyed it, so hoping for a good meal again. After dinner will most likely wander round WS and check out Illuminations.

Day 6 - Wednesday. Again, an easy-osey day, either DHS or Epcot, maybe even AK. Might spend some time at the pool.

TWEAK - changed Photopass Resort session at the Polynesian to this morning at 10am., felt having it the day after the first Biergarten night would not be the best idea to have us looking fresh and photogenic.

Lunch - maybe B&C, if we haven't been already. Either that in whatever park we will be in.

Dinner - we had booked an early dinner at Le Cellier for 4.45pm, to eat with Susan and Michael again, but then we heard the rumours about it being upgraded to 2 TS. So we then booked for The Plaza for 6.15pm (which Gordon would have preferred). Anyway, it's not changing to 2 TS until the New Year, and as this would be the last chance for us to try it (never got an ADR in 08) we really have to go for it. Again, it has maple creme brulee and cocktails so it's a no brainer really.

After dinner it's off to MK for our reserved viewing for Wishes.

Day 7 - Thursday. Magic Kingdom all day.

Lunch - 2.45pm ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. Late lunch today as we have MNSSHP tonight! Eating with Susan and Michael today, and they are going to MNSSP as well. Susan has her outfit, don't know what Michael is dressing as yet, am sure it will be magnificent. Tickets all booked, and as I am a tight Scot opted for the Will Call option so will pick up the tickets a day or so prior. Really looking forward to this as we missed out on it in 2008. I have my outfit already - a Classy Witch (no, not THAT type of klassy, nice classy). Ben has a Clonetrooper outfit, Heather wants to be a funky witch and Gordon wants to be a pirate. He has made no effort to putting together said outfit, so will try and get both his and Heather's this weekend.

Day 8 - Friday. Universal Studios today. Tickets again already booked, this time with Viator. It's an eticket, which I've used the last 2 times, so know it's really quick and easy to pick them up.

Dinner - at Bubba Gumps with Susan and Michael which we're really looking forward to, have heard lots of good things about it. Will pop into Premium on the way back to the resort for some shopping.

Day 9 - Saturday. Breakfast ADR at 9am at O'Hanas. Was never able to get an ADR in 08 for here, so am looking forward to it. Eating again with Susan and Michael, they've never been to breakfast here either, so should be a fun breakfast with Lilo and Stitch!

Spend the day at Typhoon Lagoon (weather permitting of course), then back to the resort to freshen up. Just in time for our -

Dinner - 6.15pm ADR at Biergarten. Gunter will be most pleased today, so it's my turn to drive. Susan and Michael joining us again, so the boys will be happy with their litres of beers.

Day 10 - Sunday. Will take in some mini golf as we get a free round voucher as we booked with Disney. Tried WinterSummerland before so will maybe try Fantasia. May spend some time at the resort pool to try and wash away the expected hangover.

Did have a 6.25pm dinner ADR at Akershus booked, but as Heather expressed absolutely no interest in it, and she was the reason we booked it, we rethought.

We, well me, have always fancied Teppan Edo. Couldn't get a dinner ADR for love nor money, but did manage to get a late lunch/early dinner ADR for 3.30pm

Will hang about Epcot as tonight is our reserved viewing for Illuminations.

Day 11 - Monday. Final day at the competion - IOA Hope to check out WWOHP, will see how the queues do, we could go an extra day if needed.

Dinner - Bahama Breeze with Michael and Susan, and again do some shopping at Premium on the way home.

Day 12 - Tuesday. Animal Kingdom. Start off with 9.05am breakfast ADR at Tusker House with my main man, The Donald. [IMG][/IMG]
It was a toss up between here and Cape May, but we decided to go with TH, as the jungle juice is lovely!

Dinner - 4.40pm ADR at Yak and Yeti. The best meal we had in 2008, so really looking forward to it. Michael and Susan are eating with us again, so hope they enjoy it too!

Early dinner as we plan to head over to DHS for Fantasmic, due to the timing this seemd to be the only night we could see it when we didn't have something else on.

Day 13 - Wednesday. DHS again today, with possible B&C for lunch/kitchen sink if not done it before now.

Then over to Fort Wilderness as we've booked the Haunted Carriage ride at 8.00pm. Gordon is really looking forward to this, and I think it will be great!

Day 14 - Thursday My birthday!

Breakfast ADR at 8.05am at Crystal Palace, then MK all day!

Dinner - 6.45pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge - my favourite resort. I have hinted madly to Gordon that Disney do celebration cakes, and have strongly hinted ie., left him a note, with my preferences. Pretty simple really, just no chocolate cake. (love chocolate, just don't like chocolate cake). 2 years ago he got me a triple chocolate gateaux so am not holding my breath.

Sharing this meal with Susan and Michael again, so am hoping for a fantastic present - no pressure Susan!

Day 15 - Friday. AK all day. Will try the Picnic option for lunch, it looks really nice, and should be fun!

Will have to leave to get to Heather Bibbitti Bobbitti Boutique appt at 4.25pm in MK. Tried to get this for the night we're at MNSSHP but it was totally booked out, will keep checking for cancellations though.

Dinner - 6pm ADR at 1900 Park Faire. Again, this was one of our favourite character meals from 2008, the Step Family were hysterical, so hopefully they will be as funny this time! Afterwards will try and nip over to Wishes.

Day 16 - Saturday. Possibly rope drop at MK. We want to try and see it at least once as we've never seen it before - depends on how we feel.

Then onto Blizzard Beach for the day.

Dinner - 6pm ADR at Boma, one of my favourites. Maybe an early night if we did hit rope drop, but knowing Gordon he'll want to drag us off to whichever park has EMH.

Day 17 - Sunday. Last full day!

Due to this, am again ignoring my instinctive planner, see I can be flexible! Will be MK all day.

Dinner - 6.15pm ADR at Biergarten. Hoping this will cheer us up, last trip we were miserable the last night at Chef Mickey's, so the Oompa band has a lot of work to do. Tikka Tikka Tikka Hoi Hoi Hoi! Think we'll both be drinking tonight so Disney buses for us!

Day 18 - Monday. Travel. Flight not until 5.15pm, so will hopefully get a couple of hours in MK before we drop the car off and get ME to MCO.

2 hour stopover at Newark and we should land back at Edinburgh at 10am on Tuesday, fighting fit, all refreshed and ready for school the next day!

So, that's it. As I said, feel free to tell me where I'm going wrong, and I'll blythely continue on anyway.

I feel we've gotten a good mix of character meals and resort/park dining. Other than Contemporary (which we've been to before), we'll be visiting every deluxe resort - other than Boardwalk, next time. Since I'm genetically predisposed to nosiness (on my mother's side), I like to check out all these places and feel important wandering about pretending I stay there.

The first few days are a bit of a mish mash between DHS and Epcot, just because they were tacked on, I had already had an itinery laid out for the 14 days. But we can see how we feel at the time and take it a bit easier to get over any jetlag before we go all park commado.

Hopefully we will get to MK rope drop, and Gordon wants to see the 'Kiss Goodnight' at MK as well - hopefully not all on the same day.

Have a couple of other updates on purchases and stuff, so if anyone is still interested I can add them on.

Di x

Edit to add - jings this is a long one!

Edited again to add the meals we will be sharing with Briarrose and family at her insistence as she threw a minor strop -see below.

Edited at 11:01 AM.
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Sounds good - we have some similar ADR's to you. Looking forward to Teppan Edo aswell.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
Sounds good - we have some similar ADR's to you. Looking forward to Teppan Edo aswell.
Hi Joanne!

Was busy editing away all my spelling mistakes I missed and adding the stuff I had forgotten there! Teppan Edo looks really good, have seen some clips on Youtube, it looks really fun. I'm sure even if the kids aren't as keen on the food there will be plenty to occupy them watching the chef!

You'll need to do a pre-trippie too so we can see all your ADRs!

Di x

Old 27 Aug 10, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Oh we could have had a mini Dibb Meet at the Airport... but you can breathe a big sign of refief... I'll be on holiday ( I leave on the 27th sept )... so you will be safe!
I love the look of your ADRs especially Teppan Edo, the closest I've got to that is Yen in Glasgow
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds fab! A lot of your dining choices we've eaten at so will be interested to see how you enjoy them and one or two we're planning on next year so equally interested in what you think.

The Haunted Carriage ride sounds great. In fact your whole itinerary sounds great. I want to come with you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
Oh we could have had a mini Dibb Meet at the Airport... but you can breathe a big sign of refief... I'll be on holiday ( I leave on the 27th sept )... so you will be safe!
I love the look of your ADRs especially Teppan Edo, the closest I've got to that is Yen in Glasgow
Hi Myra!

A wee mini meet at the airport would have been great! Shame we'll miss you. I think we got a good mix with the ADRs, some old favourites and new places. I think my friend went to Yen and she loved it, it was her recommendation for Teppan places that made me book Teppan Edo!

Originally Posted by chocaholic110 View Post
Sounds fab! A lot of your dining choices we've eaten at so will be interested to see how you enjoy them and one or two we're planning on next year so equally interested in what you think.

The Haunted Carriage ride sounds great. In fact your whole itinerary sounds great. I want to come with you!
Hi Rachel!

Am really looking forward to all our ADRs! And the Carraige ride looks great fun! Am afraid you can't come with us, I've already accounted for my baggage allowance, I have purchases to make!

Di x

Old 27 Aug 10, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

Hi Diane, seeing your itinery in print so to speak makes it all the more exciting! I am bit miffed, however that you haven't mentioned me and my wonderful family who will be enjoying several meals with your good selves. Face facts Diane you ain't going to get rid of us that easily

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
Hi Diane, seeing your itinery in print so to speak makes it all the more exciting! I am bit miffed, however that you haven't mentioned me and my wonderful family who will be enjoying several meals with your good selves. Face facts Diane you ain't going to get rid of us that easily
Very many apologies Susan, I wasn't doing it deliberately I assure you. But it took me ages to write it, and for some reason my mind went blank (as it does), and I couldn't remember for sure which meals we were having together.

I will go back and edit appropriately. BTW I need the ADR no for Yak and Yeti as I don't have it, so if you could look it out for me I'll get it tomorrow.

Di x

Have edited them, have I missed any out?

Edited at 08:04 PM.
Old 27 Aug 10, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Looking forward to hearing more!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List