Notices

Old 12 Jan 11, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Hey you
What a fantastic start, you look like you are going to have a wonderful time. The girls look beautiful, the photo if Olivia is so cute and the photo of Paul in his fancy dress is brlliant, he looks great
Can't beleive how much weight you have lost, you look fantastic, well done
Can't wait for more updates, and wishing we were there at the same time to meet, take care

Sarah xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 11, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Hey you
What a fantastic start, you look like you are going to have a wonderful time. The girls look beautiful, the photo if Olivia is so cute and the photo of Paul in his fancy dress is brlliant, he looks great
Can't beleive how much weight you have lost, you look fantastic, well done
Can't wait for more updates, and wishing we were there at the same time to meet, take care

Sarah xx
Did wonder how long it would take you to find it, didn't get away with it for long did I Just waiting to see how long it takes Paul to realise that A, the pre-trippee has started and B, that I have added that photo
Thanks for the comments re Millie and Olivia. So proud of both of them at the mo. We have just had the best parents evening comments for Millie. Nearly caved in again and told her that as she is doing so well that we are taking both of them to Florida this year. think it might be a long year with me nearly caving in quite often.
Oh you made me blush
As I have said before, meeting would be great, it will happen one day I am convinced just a case of when
Hope you're having a good week
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 11, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi Tracey!

What a great surprise for the girls! I hope you manage to video it when you do tell them!

OKW was gorgeous and you'll love the space in the 1 bed villa - so many doors to open lol!

Looking forward to all the updates and planning!

Di x

PS, love both photos of Paul - Alf Garnett and Spock!

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 11, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
ah sounds lovely... Your girls will be soooooo thrilled when you tell them.

Looking forward to reading more

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 11, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ms Finkelstein View Post
Hi Tracey!

What a great surprise for the girls! I hope you manage to video it when you do tell them!

OKW was gorgeous and you'll love the space in the 1 bed villa - so many doors to open lol!

Looking forward to all the updates and planning!

Di x

PS, love both photos of Paul - Alf Garnett and Spock!
I will try but being the sentimental old mother that I am I will probably be crying
I'll look forward to opening doors

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
ah sounds lovely... Your girls will be soooooo thrilled when you tell them.

Looking forward to reading more
thanks for you kind words
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 11, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Cant believe you managed to get this posted without me noticing for a couple of days, also glad to see you have picked a couple of my most flattering recent pictures.
I enjoy reading the Pretrip & trip report of my own holiday as much as reading anyone elses, I guess because the pretrippie heightens the sense of anticipation for our upcoming holiday & the Trip reports remind me of all the good times we had & tides me over until we go again next time.
I always really look forward to our holidays because with my job we rarely get to spend an uninterupted day together as a family & in florida we get to spend a couple of weeks together just doing what we want. Especially this year as the girls should be big enough & brave enough to accompany me on lots more rides than they were able to last time
Looking forward to asking lots of questions on here as the plan develops.
Like what is a good time to book Narcoossees to see the wishes fireworks (think they start at 9/9.30 when we go)
Also peoples opinions on things like
The pirates & Pals fireworks cruise & Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, There is just so much to do & am sure we wont fit it all in & dont want to overdo it with DDs so just want to pick the best things to do.
Can not wait till the next update & the time we can start booking our ADRs because then there really will be not to long to wait

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 11, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
Cant believe you managed to get this posted without me noticing for a couple of days, also glad to see you have picked a couple of my most flattering recent pictures.
I enjoy reading the Pretrip & trip report of my own holiday as much as reading anyone elses, I guess because the pretrippie heightens the sense of anticipation for our upcoming holiday & the Trip reports remind me of all the good times we had & tides me over until we go again next time.
I always really look forward to our holidays because with my job we rarely get to spend an uninterupted day together as a family & in florida we get to spend a couple of weeks together just doing what we want. Especially this year as the girls should be big enough & brave enough to accompany me on lots more rides than they were able to last time
Looking forward to asking lots of questions on here as the plan develops.
Like what is a good time to book Narcoossees to see the wishes fireworks (think they start at 9/9.30 when we go)
Also peoples opinions on things like
The pirates & Pals fireworks cruise & Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, There is just so much to do & am sure we wont fit it all in & dont want to overdo it with DDs so just want to pick the best things to do.
Can not wait till the next update & the time we can start booking our ADRs because then there really will be not to long to wait
Took you long enough DH
Old 21 Jan 11, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So what have we been up to since booking...

Nothing much happened for the first few months apart from being on the Dibb... but I have tried to keep the Disney theme alive even if DD’s didn’t realise it.

Jul10 – Saw us celebrating Millie’s 6th birthday and to keep our dream alive she had a Winnie the Pooh cake. Very nice it was too. She also got quite a lot of money for her birthday which she did say she was going to spend but never got round to it so it is safely in the money box waiting to be changed into $.

Sept 10 – Now it was time to celebrate my 40th and you guessed it we had an American themed party and as you saw previously I opted for Minnie. Have to say I was lucky enough to get a very nice Kipling bag which will be ideal for the parks as it has lots of little compartments without being too big. Oh and Paul ordered me the Deluxe Passporter 2011 but as yet we are still waiting for this to arrive. Their website says they are still waiting for a confirmed shipping date.

Oct10 – Saw our baby girl turn 4 and she opted for a Mickey Mouse party, brainwashed her haven’t I. Again she did have some money which is all safely stored waiting to be exchanged into $.

During Half term we took the girls on a surprise trip to London to see Disney on Ice. Neither girls worked out where we were going. Both of them loved it. Millie had tears rolling down her cheeks as the dancing was so magical. Sentimental just like her mother and Olivia sat mesmerized for the whole time. A great hit all round. They have both asked if they can go next year but don’t realise we won’t be here. They did start with it’s just not fair, please just book it please.

Dec10 – Christmas arrives and both DD’s get a new DSi which they are completely thrilled with. Little do they know the main reason is so they have something to play with on the plane.

Purchases

Aug10 – Pauls bible arrived ~The Unoffical Guide to Orlando~ which he seemed to have his nose in everytime he had five minutes to spare.
We also managed to get two boost-a-packs which I am sure will be a god send when we get to MCO. Myself and Paul will use these as our hand luggage as the girls both have Trunkies.

Nov10 – the Brits guide to Orlando arrived enabling us to start our plan of attack for all the parks. This has been tweaked and tweaked again but we are pretty sure that we are now happy with what we have got. We just have to hope that everything we have planned is on, on the days that we would like. I know that nothing is certain until 6months before but we have looked at patterns of previous years and have used the 365 day calendar on touring plans.com and having everything crossed that their info is correct.

Join me next for our proposed planned

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Old 21 Jan 11, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Plan

Tuesday 18thOctober11

I have the day off work so as soon as everyone has left I will finalise the suitcases and do the house clean. Paul will be doing a split shift at the pub so will drop the girls off at school before setting off for work. Hopefully he will be home at 3ish to load up the car before going to get Millie and Olivia from school.

We will then all set off for Gatwick to do twilight check-in, hopefully there will be somewhere for us to pick up a burger if not it will be the drive through Mcd’s on the way home. Paul will then return to work and will probably get home at 1ish ready for me to get him up at 4am.

Wednesday 19thOctober11

We will be flying from Gatwick on one of these

once we have told the girls where we are really going having spent the morning in here

Arriving here sometime around 4ish

having a ride on one of these

Before heading off to pick up our 4x4 and head of to OKW

Maybe stopping at Publix or Walmart to pick up the essentials

We may head off to MK if anyone has any energy left before returning to OKW where no doubt we will fall asleep very quickly and then wake up at some ridiculous hour. Otherwise it will be a walk around the resort and some food
Old 21 Jan 11, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thursday 20thOctober11

Our Mission today is to get to Magic Kingdom

for Rope Drop and then hopefully we will have breakfast with Cinderella and her friends at CRT

We may see the parade before heading back to OKW for a sneaky snooze

Then we will head to DTD for something to eat and retail therapy

Friday 21October11

Today we will be heading to Epcot where we will be concentrating on Future world

Before heading to Beaches and Cream for tea

Saturday 22October11

Disney Hollywood Studios is our challenge today where we will try and get to for opening so that we can head straight to Toy Story Mania

Around 1ish we will head back to OKW to explore the swimming pool
Hopefully around 6ish we will head to Fort Wilderness to check out all the Halloween decorations and maybe visit Chip and Dales Campfire sing-a-long