Notices

Old 2 Mar 11, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
The Woods Wonderful Holiday to WDW Nov 2010 Pre-Trip

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

The Woods Wonderful Holiday to WDW Nov 2010 Pre-TripPart 1 – An introduction 277 days to go
Hello Dibbers, first of all, can I say that I have never done a pre-trip report before, or any other report for that matter, so you will have to bear with me. This will be our first ever family holiday abroad. We have been camping a few times, but have you ever tried to book a tent in with Virgin…. . Well I know we have along way to go to get to 3rd November 2010, I think it's something like 277 days to be accurate. We have been going, and then we haven’t and so on for just over a year. But WE are definitely going now

I am going to attemp to update this in parts, so hopefully, so you can follow our planning. Hope you stick with me and don’t get bored, so here goes, let first introduce our clan:

Me - Sarah - 35 will turn 36 during the holiday. Mother to all that follow including DH…lol I love all things Disney and have done for quiet some time now. My favourite charactor is Minnie Mouse. When my Mum and Dad visited in 2001, I so would have loved to go. I told myself back then that some day I would take my family to Florida. I hope in the process of the planning I don't turn everyone into gibbering wrecks. I so need this holiday to be perfect. Thereofore i am going to make this as special for all of us and planning every last detail so it can be.

Nick – DH - 34 ( Will be 35 when we go) He goes along with everything just for a quiet life; he is our official ‘crazy’ family member. Crazy, what does she mean? No seriously, he suffers with his health, but all is well after a dreadful 2009. He pretends that he is not excited, but I know he is… This will be his 2nd visit to DIsney, However his first was to Disneyland California. He loves roller coasters, so is hoping to ride some good ones. His favourite Character is Tigger
]
Bethany – DD1 – 13 (Will be 14 when we go) She is the moody teenager that we all have, but is lovely when she is not sulking. She loves movies so will especially like Hollywood Studios and Universal. She will be turning 14 next month, her favourite is EEyore.

Brandan – DS1 – 12 is such a lovely young man. He is very sensitive and he is one of the reasons why the trip as been on and off so many times, partly because he is petrified of flying. He loves roller coasters, so he will be trying everything he can out. his favourite is Donald

Charlotte – DD2 – 6 Charlotte is our blonde bombshell. She is a lover of all things Disney and cannot wait to see Cinderella. She will be 7 when we go. Don't let those blue eyes fool you... her favourite is Daisy

Max – DS2 – 4 (Will be 5 when we go) the baby of the clan, and our little terror, he is another one of the reasons for on and offs, as we were worried about the flight and entertaining him. He loves Playhouse Disney, and wishes he were going tomorrow, his favourite is good old Mickey

Now you sort of know a bit about us, I will start. It all began about the 8th Jan 2009, when we decided to go to WDW. We decided we would go with our friends and neighbours. There were going to be us 6 and 3 of them staying in a 5 bed villa. Well it was only a matter of time until we all got cold feet on sharing, and the fact that our children were very young, and their son was 14. We all decided that it would be better if we went in 2 separate villa's.

The planning continued and then fast forward to beginning of March and Nick was taken ill. We didn’t know when he was going to come out of hospital, and everything to do with his mental health was quite bad, so we decided there and then we would cancel. He was in hospital for just over 4 weeks and when he came home at the beginning of April he was a changed man. He was on new medication that worked really well. Well in all this time, I became very miserable; I still wanted to go but knew I was been selfish so I put it to the back of my mind.

More to come...

Love Sarah

If you want to just read the posts and not the replys click on the link below, otherwise continue down each page
Part 2 here
Please feel free to carry on...
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 11, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Not sure if you can answer my question because I was one of the last posts, I've tried searching on google for mickey head designs, but it's coming up blank. Am I an idiot?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 11, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chantelle26 View Post
Not sure if you can answer my question because I was one of the last posts, I've tried searching on google for mickey head designs, but it's coming up blank. Am I an idiot?
I dont know the answer but i'm certain your not an idiot ha ha
Old 3 Mar 11, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Glen76 View Post
I dont know the answer but i'm certain your not an idiot ha ha
Thank you for the confidence boost there, however safari is 100% telling my I am an idiot or purposely displaying the wrong images to annoy me!
Old 3 Mar 11, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chantelle26 View Post
Thank you for the confidence boost there, however safari is 100% telling my I am an idiot or purposely displaying the wrong images to annoy me!
What is it exactly that your looking for sorry?
Old 3 Mar 11, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Glen76 View Post
What is it exactly that your looking for sorry?
Sarah used loads of different designs of Mouse Heads for her countdown, I was looking for a similar thing.
x
Old 3 Mar 11, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry I'm a bit stupid do you mean these? ...

Old 3 Mar 11, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Do you mean the ones Sarah used around the house for her countdown?
Old 3 Mar 11, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post

I think they may be on the original thread which is now closed

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=377585

if not why not send Sarah a pm and ask her?
Old 3 Mar 11, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chlobo29 View Post
Do you mean the ones Sarah used around the house for her countdown?
Maybe if I would have read the thread It would have helped lol