Imagineer

bel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The holiday with no lie-ins! **WiTh uPdAtEs**

Welcome to my holiday 2011!

Update One! (May 2nd) Halloween Costumes

Update Two! (May 26th) Rambling

Update Three! (June 15th) Double Digit Dance!

Update Four (part a)! (July 16th) LOTS OF PHOTOS! Glasto, Disney Birthday, Clothes

Update Four (part b)! EVEN MORE PHOTOS Glasto, Disney Birthday, Clothes

Update Four (part c)! AND MORE! Glasto, Disney Birthday, Clothes

Update Five (July 31st) Cameras, signs from the mouse, changes to plans and books!

Update Six (August 28th) Hard Rock Hotel, Mousekeeping Envelopes, disney florist and Nephew's first trip!

Final Update! (September 19th) Sean's Disney Birthday & Goodbye/Thanks!

Of course, I still have 145 days to go but now the ADRs are all booked, I thought I would get on with my pre trippy!

Some of you may have read my May 2010 trippy (here) which was my first time at Disney world and wow, what a place! Sadly, the holiday was ruined by the fact that DBF’s sister and mum decided to treat me so horrifically that I didn’t exactly have a ‘magical’ time…..

Fast forward to a few months later and me and DBF decide to return as we did not have the Disney holiday we (I!) planned so hard for. And we decided to just blow the budget and go for something truly special that would make it the new holiday of a lifetime…

So, July 2010 we booked the animal kingdom lodge directly with Disney, including car hire and flights with virgin and the free Disney dining plan!

The cast:

Me (Bel, will be 26): Disney obsessive and holiday planner, a real child at heart which explains why my job is working with kids and why I love Disney so much. I have an appitite that put many men to shame so intend to make the most of America’s food . I love all attractions with the exception of summit plummit! This will be my 2nd trip to the world. I will be the videographer and am most looking forward to the two extra tours we have booked for Seaworld and Busch gardens. I have been a veggie since the age of 12 but have made the decision that for this holiday, I may eat meat on the rare occasion to make the most of the DDP options. This is still something I wont decide until I am there though!

Sean (DBF, will be 24): Driver and lover of all things Disney but thinks my obsession is a little mental! He first fell in love with Disney when I took him to Disneyland Paris for our first holiday together! Is mostly looking forward to the rollercoasters and taking lots of photos (a bit of a photographer wannabe) with his many lenses (apparently they are all vital for photos of rides….!) and cant wait to collect some of those Vinylmation toys (so far he has two!)

We will have been together 4 years just a fortnight before we leave!

It will be special as I will have just finished my three years at University (at last!) and it will will Sean’s birthday a couple of days before we leave (hence, a couple of gifts for him are holiday related but shhh, all he knows as they will be part of the holiday and I am currently winding him up that it is the shark dive at Seaworld as he is terrified of them, hehe). I was considering for a very brief time to propose to him as he has not of yet asked me despite the subtle hints! However, I really would like him to ask me so I have decided to wait until after christmas before I maybe consider doing the job myself!

To say I am excited is an understatement! I almost worry that I have too much resting on this holiday that I will be disappointed. Nethertheless I am hoping it will blow the last one out of the water by the very first day…..

…I have planned for a really action packed 17 days so the other half has a shock coming to him if he thinks he will be having lots of days to relax! Here is my ‘disney shelf’; a shelf dedicated to all books of Disney planning nature and my beloved Dug teddy from Up (you can just see his nose!).

I have even started reading Harry Potter (I am still on the first book!) so that I can fully appreciate every little detail of the Wizarding World at IoA.

I am very lucky to be going to Glastonbury Festival again this year though, which should make the waiting a little more manageable as by the time that’s all over it wont be long at all (well, ahem, 2 and a half months….)

I am looking forward to the obvious things (parks, rides etc) but also my first stay in a Disney hotel (and my 3rd time in a hotel at all; my holidays have always been of the camping kind although the last one was a villa which was pretty awesome!), the DDP, doing a photopass share (me and Sean can never have too many photos), meeting Mickey for the first time, and of course the lovely Florida weather…

…we went to Norway earlier this year to see the Northern Lights (which is the most amazing thing I have ever seen by far and if it is something you want to see then go go go!) but it dropped to minus 27 whilst we were searching for the lights at 2am in the middle of nowhere then I am really hoping Florida defrosts my (still) icy feet!
Here we are in Norway, all wrapped up!

The cost of this holiday has truly blown our budget as we are supposed to be saving for our first home together… but we thought a few extra months of saving will be worth the holiday.

We have decided that for every park we visit we will do at least one thing we haven’t before.

It will be abit weird going without my parents this time, but we are currently in talks of returning May 2012 with them and my sister and her daughter (much excitement) but I can’t get my hopes up yet and anyway, I really should start saving for my own place!

Anyway, enough irritating and pointless rambling, here is my itinerary:

Tuesday 20th September – As soon as I finish work we will be travelling down to Gatwick airport and checking in to the Hilton. We will then be officially on holiday! I may not be allowed to finish work any earlier than 6pm so it may be that we check in and go straight to bed (not that I will sleep for a single moment!)

Wed 21st Sept – Leave on the Virgin Atlantic at 1pm. I don’t have anything to compare it to but I loved virgin last time and am hoping for it to be even better as there will be no ash cloud disturbing our journey (fingers crossed!). Arrive at MCO at 5pm and collect our car from Alamo, it will be interesting to see Sean drive in USA and he is a little nervous to say the least, he is also very nervous about immigration after being totally grilled last time because he had to have a visa. Hopefully though, we will be arriving at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in no time at all where we hope to spend the evening on the balcony of our Savannah view room (which we have for two nights) watching the animals with a bottle of wine…. We may also do some shopping at Walmart if we arrive early enough.

Thurs 22nd Sept - Breakfast at Boma then a relaxing day at the resort pool, getting over the lack of sleep and saving up some energy for the rest of the holiday. Off to MK this evening to do the wishes dessert party.

Fri 23rd Sept – A full day at animal kingdom with an early breakfast at Tusker House (mainly to get some piccies of the park before it opens to everybody) and then sanaa for dinner this evening followed by a trip to downtown disney. Our new thing to do at AK = Take it easy and have a stroll around the Oasis which we completely didn’t notice last year!

Sat 24th Sept – A day a discovery cove without the dolphin swim. We weren’t going to go but as soon as I heard about the new grand reef I begged Sean for another visit. Dinner at California Grill where we hope to watch the sunset followed by the wishes fireworks. Our new thing to do = Doing the walking dive at the new reef and making better use of the free beers and snacks!

Sun 25th Sept – Up early for Sean’s first birthday treat (a hot air balloon ride; perfect for him to try out all his new camera lenses!) and then we will go and spend the afternoon at Blue Spring State Park. We will finish off the day with a meal at 50s prime time diner and then fantasmic at Hollywood Studios.

Mon 26th Sept - We will spend the morning doing as much as possible at Seaworld with lunch at the Shark’s underwater Grill if possible. Then on to Universal to get as much done of this park as possible for the remainder of the day as it is one of our least favourite parks so we have only a handful of rides to accomplish! Dinner at the whispering canyon and if we have time we might take a trip to fort wilderness for a snoop. New thing to do at Seaworld = Hope to feed the dolphins. New thing to do at Universal = The Horror Makeup Show OR Disaster.

Tues 27th Sept – We will be introduced to IHOP pancakes for breakfast then continue on to Seaworld for a full day of coasters and animals. We have also booked the penguin encounter tour and I cannot wait to stroke one. We may stop for some mini golf on our way back ‘home’ and then we will have dinner at Boma. New thing to do at Seaworld = For Sean it’ll be riding Kraken front row and for me, it’s got to be the penguin encounter (although I’m fairly sure this will be new to Sean too!)

Wed 28th Sept - Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s nice and early then hopefully at the Magic Kingdom for rope drop! Lunch at the Plaza then dinner at Cindy’s Royal Table (eeeeeeeeeee!). We have booked the preferred firework viewing so it will be interesting how that turns out. New thing to do at MK = Try not to miss the beginning of the evening parade & enjoy the haunted mansion updates. Oh and the magic, memories and me

Thurs 29th Sept – A chilled day at blizzard beach and then on to winter summerland mini golf course. Dinner at raglan road then off to Oakridge Gun Range after dinner for Sean’s second birthday treat. I will be the photographer for this one as I am terrified of holding a gun, but I think Sean will be in his element! I plan to just give him a wad of dollars on his birthday for this so he can experiment with a range of different guns. New thing to do = Ride Teamboat Springs.

Fri 30th Sept – Breakfast at Boma followed by a drive to Clearwater Beach where we hope to ride little toot in search of dolphins. Will stay to watch the sunset then back to Disney.

Sat 1st Oct – All day at epcot with dinner at the Rose & Crown. We may be lucky and get outdoor seats for the fireworks, if not we will wait until Tuesday. We may change plans depending on what is going on at the Magic Kingdom to celebrate its 40th! New thing to do = Do either the France or Canada shows & the beer in every country challenge.

Sun 2nd Oct – An early morning start at Crystal Palace for some photos of an empty Magic Kingdom and breakfast with Pooh! The rest of the day will be spent enjoying the magic kingdom or any other parks that take our fancy. We will return to our hotel mid afternoon for our Wanyama Safari followed by dinner at Jiko.

Mon 3rd Oct – A day at Hollywood Studios followed by an evening on the boardwalk. New thing to do = The Backlot Tour and the updated Star Tours.

Tues 4th Oct – A day relaxing at Typhoon Lagoon and then dinner at Via Napoli with preferred firework viewing booked for Illuminations. First thing in the morning though we will be popping to AK to do its tough to be a bug as itll be closed on our AK day New thing to do = Ride every slush’n’gusher slide and decide which is our favourite.

Wed 5th Oct – A day at Busch Gardens with the sunset safari booked which is another thing I am most looking forward to – feeding the giraffes. New thing to do = Cheetah Hunt and Kumba!

Thurs 6th Oct – A day at IoA and maybe abit of universal too. An evening meal at 'Ohana and watch Hallowishes and the water Pageant from the polynesian beach New thing to do = Ride dueling dragons (closed for refurb last visit) & of course experience the WWOHP!

Fri 7th Oct – Breakfast at Golden Corrall followed by a morning airboat tour with spirit of the swamp. Back to Disney to enjoy afternoon tea at the garden view tea lounge (I’m dying for a pastry swan!) then straight to Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party where we will be going as Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. A last go on some of our favourite rides and a sad farewell to the Disney park until an unknown future date, sob. New thing to do = Hallowishes and the Boo To You Parade.

Sat 8th Oct – We will probably spend most of today trying to get a last Disney fix by a little shopping at Downtown Disney and maybe visit the Boardwalk again. On to the airport with a possible mini-golf stopoff then fly back to Gatwick at 7.30pm.

Sun 9th Oct – Arrive at Gatwick at 8.45am, possibly have a little cry that it’s all over, collapse in a heap from exhaustion, then start looking at ‘offers’ for 2012 Disney World Holidays

My Must Do List for this Holiday are…

1.Meet Mickey and get his autograph!
2.Eat as many cinnabons as I can manage before I pop.
3.Make Thunder Mountain the final ride of the holiday (it is fab at park closure when it is dark)
4.Ride as many coasters front row as possible
5.Put on even more pounds by indulging on far more food than is necessary.
6.Have a drink in every epcot country
7.Get out of bed no matter how desperate we are for “ten more minutes”!
8.Enjoy every single magical moment…

What we still need to do/book

1.Buy our MNSSHP tickets - DONE!
2.Buy our Universal/IoA tickets - DONE!
3.Print the Mousekeeping Envelopes - DONE!
4.Get Lots of dollars
5.Book Spirit of the Swamp Airboat Tour - DONE!
6.Get Travel Insurance - DONE!
7.Buy a Mapmans Map - DONE!
8.Buy a USA map for the SatNav - DONE!
9.Maybe do a little holiday clothes shopping (a perfect excuse for us ladies eh ) - a woman's shopping is NEVER DONE!
10.Pay the remainder of the balance (ooh err) - DONE!

I would just like to say another HUUUUGE thank you to all you dibbers out there that have read this and not given up yet, that read my last trippy and that ever answered any of my ridiculous questions here on the dibb (and trust me there have been a few!)

By now, you will have probably guessed that I ramble and ramble and ramble…. So, to make the rambling tolerable, my trippy will include lots and lots of photos of everything and as many pictures of food at the restaurants we are visiting to tempt your taste buds too, there may even be some videos. So I hope it will be as interesting as I can make it! There is hope……

Now all I have to do is wait until I can add my first installment! Can’t wait and so until then, bye bye for now…

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited at 07:28 PM.
bel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 11, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
You are well organised!
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 11, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Great pre trippie - im hopping over to read your may 2010 report

L xx
Old 28 Apr 11, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vitfa View Post

L xx
Dittto!

Love the last piccie, how cute!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 11, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely pre-trippie. I just read your last trip report yesterday so I'm crossing my fingers that you get your trip of a lifetime this time.
Old 28 Apr 11, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Bel, great pre-trippie
Another Halloween couple trippie, same as ours! There are few, and they are my favourite You come home just before we go!

I read your trippie from your last trip and so I know what a rough time you had, this time will be so much better. I hope you have a great time and I look forward to reading your build up to the off, and then your trippie on your return.
Old 28 Apr 11, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Can't wait for the rest, i am sure you will have a blast. Erase the bad memories and make knew ones. Loved your last trippy, so am excited for the new one.
Enjoy xxx

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 11, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Hi Bel,

Great start to your pre-trippie! I read through your trippie a few months ago (i think it was one of the first i read) and was hoping you would get round to starting your pre-trippie (i remember you saying you were going back soon in your trippie).

Looking forward to hearing more! xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 11, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

great pre-trippie, and lovely photos,
Old 28 Apr 11, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bel
Imagineer

bel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by shirley View Post
You are well organised!
Haha, I think I may have abit of OCD when it comes to disney and weddings! It will be interesting to see how much we get done from the plan!

Originally Posted by vitfa View Post

L xx
Thanks, hope you enjoy x

Originally Posted by rachey_101 View Post
Dittto!

Love the last piccie, how cute!
Aw thankyou. Twas cold though! x

Originally Posted by chocaholic110 View Post
Lovely pre-trippie. I just read your last trip report yesterday so I'm crossing my fingers that you get your trip of a lifetime this time.
Me too, Im thinkin it couldnt be anywhere near as bad though so all is good! Thanks for reading the last one!

Originally Posted by lucky knickers View Post
Bel, great pre-trippie
Another Halloween couple trippie, same as ours! There are few, and they are my favourite You come home just before we go!

I read your trippie from your last trip and so I know what a rough time you had, this time will be so much better. I hope you have a great time and I look forward to reading your build up to the off, and then your trippie on your return.
Thankyou, I cant wait to dress up for halloween - am going to have a look at your pre trippy right now...

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Can't wait for the rest, i am sure you will have a blast. Erase the bad memories and make knew ones. Loved your last trippy, so am excited for the new one.
Enjoy xxx
Thankyou, I am too!

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
Hi Bel,

Great start to your pre-trippie! I read through your trippie a few months ago (i think it was one of the first i read) and was hoping you would get round to starting your pre-trippie (i remember you saying you were going back soon in your trippie).

Looking forward to hearing more! xx
Aw thankyou, I never expected anyone to read the last one so it means alot that so many did!

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
great pre-trippie, and lovely photos,
Thanks x
bel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List