Notices

Old 6 Jun 12, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by isabel View Post
Brilliant Jo!

That's exactly Cliff's contribution in the run-up to a holiday as well - a trip to the tip!?!

You certainly don't do things by halves do you? Book a holiday, move house, change schools, arrange children's parties! We're like superwoman us mums aren't we?!

Ah another Windsor Hills fan! Like you, I searched to see if I could find somewhere to top it, but ending up returning to book it for a second year!

Can't wait to get stuck in to your trip report now!

Kate
Seriously? Cliff has to do a tip run too? It's bonkers isn't it? Never mind helping out with the useful stuff, mind you, I wouldn't trust Smon with the important things so at least this way he feels like he's helping and is out of the way

The moving house turned out to be great, it didn't half make the countdown go quick, and thankfully we landed ourselves with perfect neighbours to look after Charlie. They are considering getting their own kittens now as they loved looking after him so much!

I noticed a lot of similarities between us when reading your report, I like it when that happens as it usually follows that you'll have a similar holiday style to us, although I've not quite embraced the idea of ADRs in the same wa as you yet, but there's always time

Jo x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 12, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post

:)

Fab...can't wait to read the rest..lmpressed with moving house, parties etc then organising to to to Florida!...we are off in February as eldest hates the heat but loves the rides...planning to take as little as poss too and wash in the villa :-) anyway off to read more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 12, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minni-k View Post
Fab...can't wait to read the rest..lmpressed with moving house, parties etc then organising to to to Florida!...we are off in February as eldest hates the heat but loves the rides...planning to take as little as poss too and wash in the villa :-) anyway off to read more
Hi, and welcome to the Dibb

There's no point doing things by halves . The moving house helped the countdown go quicker, as did the 'several' parties

Washing in the villa isnt the same as at home for some reason (perhaps because it was my Mum that usually ended up doing it ). Just stick the load on and get yourself in the pool, luvvly jubbly x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lardzilla
Very Serious Dibber

Fantastic...

Gotta love a post-trippy pre-trippy! Reading this will get me in the mood whilst I wait for Virgin to get next year's flight prices up... y'know... just in case...

Gonna get stuck into day 1 now.

Lardzilla vs. Mousera (Oct/Nov 2010)

And my second... woo-hoo it's finished... and not a 'work in progress' anymore...

Lardzilla vs. Mousera 2: Mouse Harder (May 2013)
Lardzilla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lardzilla View Post
Gotta love a post-trippy pre-trippy! Reading this will get me in the mood whilst I wait for Virgin to get next year's flight prices up... y'know... just in case...

Gonna get stuck into day 1 now.
I know where you're coming from, I'm always looking at flight prices (just in case ). Have you seen the deals lately if you book last minute? Soooooooo tempted!
Old 19 Jun 12, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
burns3466
Getting Excited

OMG! Reading your report, it sounds as if it could actually be me you're describing. I'm also 37, hate having my photo taken, am a control freak, frantic planner, a neurotic mess who worries when I have nothing to worry about, I jump very easily to the great delight of my family, I have two children (my daughter is the same age as your eldest son), and we also took our children to WDW a decade after we first went there as a newly married couple! I am going to read your report with great interest as you will probably describe the exact reactions I would have to things that happen on your holiday... It will almost feel as if I'm back there!
Old 19 Jun 12, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by burns3466 View Post
OMG! Reading your report, it sounds as if it could actually be me you're describing. I'm also 37, hate having my photo taken, am a control freak, frantic planner, a neurotic mess who worries when I have nothing to worry about, I jump very easily to the great delight of my family, I have two children (my daughter is the same age as your eldest son), and we also took our children to WDW a decade after we first went there as a newly married couple! I am going to read your report with great interest as you will probably describe the exact reactions I would have to things that happen on your holiday... It will almost feel as if I'm back there!
Ooooh, spooky! I love finding a report where there are lots of similarities to our own holiday, it's great to be able to relate to it in that way.

You do sound just like me, I too worry that if I'm not worried about something then I'm obviously missing something

I'm going to look forward to your comments, and see if we are that alike . Oh, and if you are really like me then you'll be needing some tissues around about day 14 and thereafter

Jo x
Old 21 Jun 12, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
burns3466
Getting Excited

This was such a lovely report and you all seem like such a nice family (except perhaps when playing cards! ). Rain has ruined our last two holidays which unfortunately, due to the cost of our last Florida holiday, were camping trips in the UK :-( So it's great that you tried to look on the bright side because I would definitely have rather been in Florida with it chucking it down than on a soggy campsite in the Isle of Wight. You really made me laugh with your tale about your parents riding Mission Space by mistake and the picture you used to describe it was hilarious! I went on this ride with my eldest daughter, who was 10 at the time and we made the mistake of thinking 'Hey, this is Disney. How intense can the orange experience be?'. HUGE mistake. It didn't help that I almost had a panic attack not realising how claustrophobic it was going to feel whilst trying to act cool in front of my daughter so she didn't get scared. This was not easy when our capsule smelt of vomit! We both got off at the end making a pact never to ride it again. We were at the KSC a few days later and one of the staff members was telling us how actual astronauts had told Disney that the ride was too intense for normal civilians - blimey!

I also don't particularly like shopping (hate clothes shopping and just get what I need and go) but like you, I could wander round DTD all day long! I love the shop with all the christmas decorations. I really liked the photo frame you bought and the dips set. Even back in the UK, if we are in a shopping centre that has a Disney store, I have to go in. I like to pretend I'm back in Florida shopping in the hotel gift shop!

I'm sure a lot of people get very emotional at certain parts of their holiday. I got very choked up when we walked down Main Street in the Magic Kingdom on our first proper day in Florida and stood in front of the castle. We had promised our girls that we would take them there one day and when it actually happened and we were standing there taking it all in, I had a little sniffle! The fireworks also give me goosebumps every time.

Thanks also for your restaurants reviews (I'll make a note of the good ones ;-).

Congratulations also on getting your job! I'm sure after being at home and looking after your boys this was quite a scary step to take, but it seems to have paid off and it's a good way to save for your next trip. I hope it's not too far off for you all.

Thanks for sharing your holiday xxxxx
Old 26 Jun 12, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by burns3466 View Post
This was such a lovely report and you all seem like such a nice family (except perhaps when playing cards! ). Rain has ruined our last two holidays which unfortunately, due to the cost of our last Florida holiday, were camping trips in the UK :-( So it's great that you tried to look on the bright side because I would definitely have rather been in Florida with it chucking it down than on a soggy campsite in the Isle of Wight. You really made me laugh with your tale about your parents riding Mission Space by mistake and the picture you used to describe it was hilarious! I went on this ride with my eldest daughter, who was 10 at the time and we made the mistake of thinking 'Hey, this is Disney. How intense can the orange experience be?'. HUGE mistake. It didn't help that I almost had a panic attack not realising how claustrophobic it was going to feel whilst trying to act cool in front of my daughter so she didn't get scared. This was not easy when our capsule smelt of vomit! We both got off at the end making a pact never to ride it again. We were at the KSC a few days later and one of the staff members was telling us how actual astronauts had told Disney that the ride was too intense for normal civilians - blimey!

I also don't particularly like shopping (hate clothes shopping and just get what I need and go) but like you, I could wander round DTD all day long! I love the shop with all the christmas decorations. I really liked the photo frame you bought and the dips set. Even back in the UK, if we are in a shopping centre that has a Disney store, I have to go in. I like to pretend I'm back in Florida shopping in the hotel gift shop!

I'm sure a lot of people get very emotional at certain parts of their holiday. I got very choked up when we walked down Main Street in the Magic Kingdom on our first proper day in Florida and stood in front of the castle. We had promised our girls that we would take them there one day and when it actually happened and we were standing there taking it all in, I had a little sniffle! The fireworks also give me goosebumps every time.

Thanks also for your restaurants reviews (I'll make a note of the good ones ;-).

Congratulations also on getting your job! I'm sure after being at home and looking after your boys this was quite a scary step to take, but it seems to have paid off and it's a good way to save for your next trip. I hope it's not too far off for you all.

Thanks for sharing your holiday xxxxx
I'm so sorry, I've only just spotted this reply! So glad you enjoyed the report, it was a lot of fun to write

You are so brave going on Mission Space, I feel icky just being anywhere near that area of Epcot!

I always have to visit the Disney Store if I pop into town too. I rarely buy anything as it doesn't have much in it, but it's nice to be in there anyway for a little fix!

Thank you for the congrats on the job too, it's going really well - I can't believe I've been there five months already. And the holiday pot is building up nicely although Simon wants to 'borrowed' from it so we can get the house finished quicker. I'm torn, as one of the rooms to do is the en-suite and it would be nice to not have to share with the boys!

Thanks once again for your lovely comments

Jo x
Old 14 Jul 12, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Great read

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List