Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 12, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Kate,

just dropping by to say hope you have the most amazing trip and bring back loads of memories to share with us all.

Tracey
xx
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 12, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney_Diva View Post
At the moment it's how I keep my self entertained when holding a sleeping newborn lol

Aww congratulations! I remember those days vividly! Unfortunately I didn't have the dibb to keep me company though!

I think I am going to start on Sarah woods last trip report next while she is away

Oh I've been thinking of Sarah today having her first full day in the parks! hope they're having the best time!
xx
Hope you're getting a little sleep! Xxx
Old 7 Oct 12, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PrincessRebex View Post
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Right back atcha Rebecca!

Have a safe journey. Might bump into you in immigration, if not then hopefully around Disney and definitely at the WDP!

Kate xx
Old 7 Oct 12, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Steph0188 View Post
so soon, so soon SO EXCITED FOR YOU! x
Welcome home Steph!

I've just enjoyed your first day of your trippy and still can't get over how you both managed to do MNSSHP on your first night! Now get back to writing so I've something to enjoy on my return!

Kate xx
Old 7 Oct 12, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
Kate,

just dropping by to say hope you have the most amazing trip and bring back loads of memories to share with us all.

Tracey
xx
Hi Tracey

Thank you for your lovely message.

Did you all have an enjoyable evening with the Woods family on Friday? I bet the kids were all so excited! I do hope poor Millie and Olivia didn't think they were going too!

Take care and thank you for reading along.

Kate xx
Old 8 Oct 12, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Kate,

I just wanted to pop on to say have a wonderful holiday, I've read every instalment but am always reading it when I should be doing university work so am a bit naughty and read and run, so I apologise! I'm sure I'll be so excited by the trip report itself I'll have something to say (mostly just 'squeeeeeeeeee!') on all of the posts! Have a safe flight and I hope you all have a fabulous holiday! Jodes xxx
Old 8 Oct 12, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Kate

I hope you are managing to sleep better
Have a magical trip and looking forward to hearing about it on return

L x
Old 8 Oct 12, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
2 days to go! So exciting! Will you be tweeting?
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 12, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Part 16 - And Now, The End is Near...

Part 16 - 1 day!
And Now, The End is Near...

Well, this hardly really warrants an update, but I couldn't go without coming on and saying one last 'farewell' after all of the lovely messages and PMs that you've been sending!

When I originally made up our countdown charts, I had us counting down to Wednesday, which is the day we fly. I later realised, of course, that it was fairly impractical to take a large sweetie tub with us to the Hilton Hotel, simply to enjoy the excitement of eating the last two sweets! So when I made up the Mickey Head countdowns, we've actually been counting down to our holiday starting tomorrow, which in my mind it does, as tonight is the last night that I have to cook dinner (hurrah! ) and the last time that we'll sleep in our own beds for a couple of weeks - eeeeeekkk! So, with that in mind, here is what the girls have taken down over the last few days!

Excuse Isabel's 'tarty' nails - she had them done at a party, I'm hoping to remove them by the time we leave!

Culminating with Amelia excitedly taking down this one this morning!

The girls both said this morning that they didn't think they could wait another day for the holiday to arrive! I said that they'd waited 6 months so I'm sure they probably could, but I did feel for them as I'm sure today and tomorrow at school will really drag for them, whereas I could really do with another few hours added on here and there!

Having said that, I think I'm just about there now. The packing is pretty much done (apart from a couple of last minute things that will get thrown in tomorrow afternoon), the house has been cleaned to within an inch of it's life, I scanned in our park tickets yesterday and then printed a hard copy for my folder and emailed a copy to my phone, just to be on the safe side!

Last year when we were out there we bought a GPS (Sat Nav to you and I, but when I asked for one of those in Walmart it took quite some time for the friendly shop assistant to figure out exactly what it was that I was asking for! She's called Blanche if you were wondering [the GPS, not the shop assistant], as she sounds just like one of the Golden Girls when she's directing us down Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway! ), so this weekend Cliff updated that with directions to the Villa Management Company (which is where we'll be heading to first) and then 'pinned' the location on to his phone as well. A few minutes later, my phone beeped and Cliff had sent me a text with a 'pin'. I clicked on it and it immediately brought up the location of the MC, complete with a photograph and streetview. Honestly, sometimes, when it works properly, technology just blows me away!

I've got my Sainsbury's delivery all booked for a few weeks time and Cliff collected our dollars at the weekend, so I think the one outstanding job on my 'to do' list now is OLCI, which I will be sitting by the computer waiting to do come 11 o'clock tomorrow morning.

Cliff bought a new digital camcorder, which was delivered a few days ago. Needless to say, he completely ignored my suggestions of a simple, reasonably priced Sony one (of which I posted a photo of on here) and purchased some fabulous all-singing, all-dancing, twice the price contraption, that he spent most of yesterday playing with and which is, apparently, so fantastic that he still doesn't know how to operate half of the functions/settings! I'm afraid I can't even post a photo of said camcorder nor even tell you the make as, whilst Cliff was sitting down playing with a camera for most of the day, I was racing around the house like a woman possessed trying to get actual useful jobs done, so haven't even had a chance to lay my eyes on the bleedin' thing!

Anyhow, I best be off to go and check all my paperwork for the billionth time! In all seriousness though, I really do want to say a huge 'thank you' to each and every one of you who has come along on this journey with me over the last six months. It's been great fun sharing all my ideas, planning, worries, stresses and dramas (although I'm sure some of you may think otherwise?! ). Thank you to everyone who has stayed with me and well done if you've read every update, there've been a few! An even bigger 'thank you' to everyone who kindly takes the time to leave a comment and to all the wellwishers leaving such kind and heartfelt messages and lovely PMs over the last few days, they really do mean a lot!

Cliff, the girls and I can't wait to start our Disney adventure and I shall do my best to jot down some reasonable notes to share with you on our return.

Things done:
Book and pay for flights & reserve seats
Complete and pay for ESTAs
Complete APIs
Travel Insurance
Book villa
Arrange for extended stay at villa on last day
Car Hire
Pre-Order PhotoPass CD
Apply for holiday leave from school
Order MNSSHP Tickets
Book ADRs
Itinerary/Plan
Sun cream
Toiletries
Book Overnight Stay at HRH
Holiday clothes
Book overnight stay at Gatwick Hilton
Arrange Valet Parking at Gatwick
Book Wishes Dessert Party
Order Disney Park Tickets
Order Universal Park Tickets
Pay balance on Villa (August)
Inform banks we're going away
Get some dollars!
Arrange Sainsburys delivery for return (few days before we go)

Things to do:
OLCI (9th October)

Take care everyone and thank you for reading.

Kate xx

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000688.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	44007   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000691.jpg
Views:	1099
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	44008   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000692.jpg