Notices

Old 13 Jul 14, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Loved reading all your updates, what a super nan you are:-) sounds like all is going to plan, just need to get your park tickets sorted. We got ours (8 of us) from floridatix and can honestly say they were fab, we got ultimate 14 day unlimited tickets to all disney and universal, very impressed and you get actual tickets not vouchers. Have a fab time, wonderful new about your hubby getting medical retirement :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 14, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Lambolady_67 View Post
Loved reading all your updates, what a super nan you are:-) sounds like all is going to plan, just need to get your park tickets sorted. We got ours (8 of us) from floridatix and can honestly say they were fab, we got ultimate 14 day unlimited tickets to all disney and universal, very impressed and you get actual tickets not vouchers. Have a fab time, wonderful new about your hubby getting medical retirement :-)
Thank-you very much for taking the time to read my report. These are the tickets that I shall be looking for, got them the last time but with Virgin and then had to pick up at parks so really wanting to get tickets this time, shall have a look at them. Thanks again

January 2006 & 2009 Paradise Cove
September 2014 - Bella Vida
January 2016 - Compass Bay 2nd Honeymoon
February 2019 - Eagle point South.
Disney, Finally here we come and the Grandkid's still don't know Sshhhh- September 2014
Time to say Good-bye... January 2016
littlejem1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Update 7 Here
Update 8...
So I was going to put a list of things that I have done and those still need doing on this update but thought I would put that on my next one.
So the butterflies are really starting now as the date is getting nearer. We have been so good even though it's been tough to keep this a secret from the grandchildren. Fingers crossed it will continue although a couple of weeks ago I really had to try and keep a straight face as my DD and grandchildren were around my DD asked me if the Harry Potter area was open when we last went and I said no it was due to open later that year but luckily this time both parts will be open, to this my DGS1 said ' oh Grandma I really wish I could come with you' my reply was 'Gary I wish you could come as well but I just cannot afford to take you this time but maybe next time

' With this he said 'oh never mind I will just have to wait and go when I am 28
Thankfully not much longer to keep the secret.
I have now booked our theme park tickets, we have decided to go with Floridatix, had a slight problem with ordering online and it gave me a number to phone, however I wasn't able to phone for a couple of days, so I didn't think anything of it and the following day had decided to go holiday shopping after work but while at work the bank phoned my husband and asked if I had tried buying something, he didn't realise it was the tickets and as he couldn't get hold of me they said they were putting a block on my card, to cut a long story short I managed to phone husband and said what had happened so he then phoned bank and they reinstated my card, yippee I could go shopping again. Anyway next morning I phone Floridatix and explained everything they took my name and everything came on her screen this time when she asked for the transaction she finally came back to me and said that is fine payment has gone through this time so £4420 later theme park tickets all paid for.
Have also now got all my Dollars, so only the minibus to pay in full and the cattery and then that is it all done.
Again only a short one today but I will put a few photo's on my next update just to catch up with everything.
Until next time Thank-you.

Update 9 here...

Disney, Finally here we come and the Grandkid's still don't know Sshhhh- September 2014

Edited at 06:50 PM.
littlejem1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 14, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Update 8 here...
Update 9...

Hi all, I thought I would put finger to button again and let you know what's been happening since I last wrote.
Well the first thing to say is
WE ARE GOING TO FLORIDA NEXT MONTH. Lol

Well so the last time I wrote I said I had phoned and booked the theme park tickets, we went with Floridatix and I must admit I am very impressed. Due to the bank blocking my card when I ordered online I then had to phone the bank and explain so they unblocked my card, after this I phoned Floridatix and gave them my order number, the lady I spoke to was very friendly, I then explained what had happened and she said she would set it all up again and once the payment was accepted I put the phone down. Well that was at 10am on the Thursday and by 11am Friday morning the tickets(real tickets) were sitting on my dining table. Very fast and friendly service. So here are all the tickets.

I must admit I did make a slight bobo with the ordering of the tickets as I should have ordered 7 Adult tickets and 3 Children's tickets, so what did I do well I ordered 8 Adult and 2 children's. Ooopps after thinking about it I decided to go back online and do a price check and it turned out the price difference would only be £30 so decided to leave it at that. So I have put everyone's names on them and also taken photocopies of all the numbers.
On the 29th I sent off the remaining balance of the mini-bus and then the only payment I have to make is to the cattery.
I now have $4000.00 which I am hoping is enough as it's not for everyone they have their own spending money. If we need more money then we will have money in the bank.

Craftwork Update...

So I mentioned a few updates ago I said I would put a picture on of Lorna's Journal which was made by Sarah woods, so here it is.

Here are all the autograph books finally finished.

And finally the surprise objects. Yes the luggage tags.

Let's hope they stay on the suitcases long enough

So my list that I have done so far is:

Flights paid in full
Car hire paid in full
Villa paid in full
Travel Insurance paid in full
Mini-bus paid in full
Cattery Still to pay.
Autograph Books Done
Luggage Tags Done
Spending money Done
Esta's Done
API's Done
Passports photocopied Done
Theme park tickets Done
Clothes for holiday Almost Done
Batteries for camera's Done
Memory maker Done
Memory card for camera Done

So I think that is everything done. I shall write again nearer to departure. I also have another cake to make at the end of the month as it is my Dad's 80th birthday and my sisters have asked me to make the cake.

Thanks again for reading see you all real soon.

Update 10 here...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mixed bag 2014 035.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	56671   Click image for larger version

Name:	04-08-14 009.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	56672   Click image for larger version

Name:	mixed bag 2014 025.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	56673   Click image for larger version

Name:	mixed bag 2014 026.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	56674   Click image for larger version

Name:	mixed bag 2014 032.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	56675  

Edited at 06:52 PM.
Old 4 Aug 14, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Hi June
This is the first that I have seen about your trip and it looks amazing.
What a fantastic plan you have taking your grandchildren, and the fact that they know nothing about it.
We hope that you have a brilliant trip and I look forward to further updates.
All the best.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WifeyB
slightly serious Dibber

Just caught up with your pre trippie, what a holiday you have planned! I can't believe you've managed to keep it quiet all this time!

Loving all the crafty bits, especially the luggage tags I'm going to try making ours at the weekend.

Looking forward to reading more
WifeyB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 14, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

What a spiffin' pre-trip report!

I've just read the whole thing and I have to say what a lovely Mam and Nan you are (and I'm sure wife too: - ).

This is going to be the holiday of a lifetime for your family.

I'm so looking forward to the next instalment. Good luck with the final preps.x
Old 4 Aug 14, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Hi June
This is the first that I have seen about your trip and it looks amazing.
What a fantastic plan you have taking your grandchildren, and the fact that they know nothing about it.
We hope that you have a brilliant trip and I look forward to further updates.
All the best.
Thank-you so very much for taking the time to read this. Have to admit I am getting so excited now, I just hope everything goes to plan.

Originally Posted by WifeyB View Post
Just caught up with your pre trippie, what a holiday you have planned! I can't believe you've managed to keep it quiet all this time!

Loving all the crafty bits, especially the luggage tags I'm going to try making ours at the weekend.

Looking forward to reading more
Thank-you for reading this. I have to say it is really hard keeping it quiet for so long I really didn't think we could do it but only 37 more days to go

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
What a spiffin' pre-trip report!

I've just read the whole thing and I have to say what a lovely Mam and Nan you are (and I'm sure wife too: - ).

This is going to be the holiday of a lifetime for your family.

I'm so looking forward to the next instalment. Good luck with the final preps.x
Thank-you for taking the time to read all of this. This is something I have dreamt of doing and never thought we could do it. You are right this is definately going to be a holiday of a lifetime. See you on my next instalement. Thanks again

Old 4 Aug 14, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm also going to celebrate my 50 th , hope you have a fab time , love the surprise for the grand kids
Old 5 Aug 14, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Tink50 View Post
I'm also going to celebrate my 50 th , hope you have a fab time , love the surprise for the grand kids
Thank-you. Seems like 1964 was a really great year Have a lovely birthday as well.