Notices

Old 18 Apr 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Lovely photos and a great pre trippy. Adore little Pedro! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Eeks! What a fab pre trippie! I love reading the introductions of everyone!

I'll admit I had tears in my eyes reading about your engagement! I'm such a soft ####! Lol! You looked beautiful on your wedding day too!

Can't wait to read more! I love how you've extended your holiday... I'm going to have to do this one year!

Xxx
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

What a great PTR sounds like you're going to have a brilliant trip, so I'm looking forward to hearing more. Pedro looks a cutie too especially if he keeps the bugs away!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tarnabanana83
Getting Excited

Fab pre-trippie! Love the BW/YC/BC area, definitely worth the extra squids in my opinion!

Had a lightbulb moment when I saw your Dibb name, I'd seen your replies on other posts but hadn't actually put two and two together to come up with paper_moo!
Tarnabanana83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Lovely photos and a great pre trippy. Adore little Pedro! Pussycat
Thank you xx

Originally Posted by DLS1005 View Post
Eeks! What a fab pre trippie! I love reading the introductions of everyone!

I'll admit I had tears in my eyes reading about your engagement! I'm such a soft ####! Lol! You looked beautiful on your wedding day too!

Can't wait to read more! I love how you've extended your holiday... I'm going to have to do this one year!

Xxx
Oh you definitely should. It makes such a difference even just a couple nights more. Xx

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
What a great PTR sounds like you're going to have a brilliant trip, so I'm looking forward to hearing more. Pedro looks a cutie too especially if he keeps the bugs away!

He was a cutie! Lol. I'm hoping to get the rest of the plans up today at some point xx

Originally Posted by Tarnabanana83 View Post
Fab pre-trippie! Love the BW/YC/BC area, definitely worth the extra squids in my opinion!

Had a lightbulb moment when I saw your Dibb name, I'd seen your replies on other posts but hadn't actually put two and two together to come up with paper_moo!
Lol, Thank you

We can't wait. Just cannot wait! Xx
Old 19 Apr 14, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
So I left you yesterday with the back story. Back to present day.

I've planned pretty well I think. Lauren (Laurenyorkshir) helps me ALOT. She's my own personal advisor when it comes to all things Florida because she's just better at it than I am!

I've noticed I'm switching alot from saying 'I've' planned, or 'we've' decided. This is because Gavin doesn't really want to get involved, lol. Well, he does but he likes finding non important bits out and researching those, for instance, where does Beverley come from and what exactly is it. He's happy to sit back and let me do the complicated stuff as long as he gets to look at menus! lol.

So the details are as follows:

Flying from Manchester with Virgin. Premium Economy. I have JHS, as well as a damaged coccyx and a gammy hip from getting run over in my teens. Yep. Hit by a bus I was. No joke. I lived to tell the tale so thats good, and can laugh about it now as it just sounds ridiculous to say you were run over by a bus doesn't it? Luckily the person I was with at the time pulled me back enough so the bus hit me and flung me, otherwise I'd of been roadkill between the tyres..There's a nice thought for you

Special Assistance at Virgin have put a request on our booking for Bulkhead Premium Ec but that's not guaranteed I know. I managed OK in Economy because I had to but suffered a fair bit so thought I'd ask. Job done. Will just have to wait and see.

We're staying at the Radisson Blu at Manchester the night before we fly. We're less than a two hour drive from Manc but I don't care. I like to stay over. Adds to the excitement. We've got a lift there with Gav's parents and a lift back from my dad. I didn't fancy driving after the flight as I don't sleep that well on planes.

We've got an Intermediate SUV booked with Alamo. We have it for 16 days. Going to use Disney Transport for the first couple of days to see what it's like. Plus now we are at the YC, it means we can have a couple of the famous drinks in the World Showcase and just tumble back to our resort.

We aren't doing SW/DC this year. Just didn't fancy it. No other reason than that.

We *may* do Kennedy. That's up to Gav. I know he'd love it. He says he's not too fussed, but I know he'll regret it so will decide on that one later.

We've also booked two tickets to see Marvel Universe Live! at the Amway Centre. The only way I can describe what it looks like is a big War of the Worlds type show but with superheroes!. I'm following it's Facebook page and I have to say, some of the stunts look amazing. When I saw it was on during our stay, I couldn't resist treating Gav. Remember me telling you he's a massive Marvel fan? He's so excited for it, and between you and me, so am I!

When I say I've planned, I've literally ONLY planned the first 6 days when we're staying on site, from arrival on the Sunday evening to checkout on the Friday. Once we're off site, we'll work around the Busy Day Guide as it helped us alot on our first trip, but we don't want a military operation. We're hoping it's going to be quiet enough compared to our last trip to be more ad-hoc and spontaneous but we're not too worried.

I've had to base this plan on last years hours and schedules, but when that's out mid May, we have enough time before 3rd June to jiggle it around if things have changed. We have a few must do's whilst onsite. Things like the Osbone Lights (assuming they're back this year!). I'm not scheduling things like Wishes/Illuminations and Parades in as they're not the biggest be-alls for us. If we fancy nipping to a park one evening then we will.

Without further ado, I present to you, our plan. Nothing concrete as of yet so I welcome all feedback! As you can see, I've not planned in every snack and ice cream, but I wanted to see roughly how we'd spend our credits. This has changed alot recently but think we're more happy with it now.

What's the trip costing?

Eeek. This is the scary bit. I've broken it down to the best of my memory. I've tried to blank some of it out! I know we could of done it cheaper, I know other people will have better bargains and I know we've probably spent more where we don't need to. I don't care about all of that. I care that we've got secured the things we want and that we can pay it all off. Including all booking charges, pool heat and what nots, here is the breakdown for both of us.

Flights - £1793.68 - PAID
Disney, including 21 day ultimates and the 'free' DDP & $200 giftcard - £1845
Villa - £1350
Car Hire - £318.95 - PAID
Universal Tickets - £248 - PAID
Memory Maker - £99 - PAID
Marvel Universe Live Tickets - £101 - PAID
Radisson Blu Manc - £71.20 - PAID
Estas - £18 roughly
MCVMP - No idea!
Travel Ins - £281 - PAID

So yeah. Don't think I've missed much off? Roughly £3k each before spending money. We're hoping to take out about $3500 between us. We've got half of it, but need to work on the other half. EEEK. Don't get me wrong. I know it'll be worth every penny when we're out there but we just can't do this again for awhile. We ARE moving next year, and we want a family. Hence this trip being about what we want, we have. Whilst we can. Anyway, I'll move on as looking at the breakdown makes me feel a bit sick lol.

Edited at 08:07 PM.
welovepedro is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CurlySue
Imagineer

Hiya

brilliant pre trip and your plans look amazing

My hubby is a huge Marvel Fan too and i have just tole him about the Marvel Universe Live, is this something that will happen every year?

We stayed at the Dolphin hotel last year and Walked through the Boarwalk, and we went past the Yatch and Beach Club on the friendship boat

It looks fab and is sooo close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios

We treated ourselves to Wt+ wth BA on our way out last year and it was fab! so much space

Looking forward to hearing the details, but no more prices, you dont need to be looking at them

xx
CurlySue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 14, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you

Marvel Universe is a tour, but I do think it's coming to the UK at some point..This is the website, but the FB page is cool too and did speak about touring plans. I'd take a look.

marveluniverselive

I do feel really lucky to be staying at YC too. I couldn't put my finger on it with WL because it gets such good reviews and looks beautiful, but it just wasn't sitting right with us (me) xx
Old 19 Apr 14, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
CurlySue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welovepedro View Post
Thank you

Marvel Universe is a tour, but I do think it's coming to the UK at some point..This is the website, but the FB page is cool too and did speak about touring plans. I'd take a look.

marveluniverselive

I do feel really lucky to be staying at YC too. I couldn't put my finger on it with WL because it gets such good reviews and looks beautiful, but it just wasn't sitting right with us (me) xx
Ohhhh thanks for that link, will have a nosey in a bit

i got that last year, i was so close to booking a diff villa, but it just didnt feel right, as lovely as it was it just didnt feel like 'the one' lol

x
CurlySue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

What a beautiful wedding dress..its just gorgeous.

I'm jealous of you staying at YC..we had a breakfast at the beach club in 2012 and loved the whole feel of the broadwalk & YC/BC. It had such a relaxing,calming vibe about the area..its on my "maybe one day when we win the lottery" list .

Pedro looked cute but i'm glad he wasn't on my window i would freak as Im not a lover of bugs,insects, non furry creatures.

I wouldn't bother looking at those pesky costs again

looking forward to reading more about your plans.
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List