Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 15, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Perkins
Excited about Disney

We are gutted, we love Disco H20 and Brainwash... Will definitely go this year!
Perkins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 15, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mgoo
I want to go now!

Can't help but feel a bit sad about this. I have great memories from many visits to Wet'n'Wild over the years and although Blizzard, Typhoon and Aquatica are all excellent parks I feel that Wet'n'Wild was a true "non corporate" grass roots water park amongst the big monsters.
I hope Universal Maintain their good track record and either build a new water park or attraction and don't follow Disney's grab every dollar in your pocket approach by building another hotel.
Gonna miss the pulled pork sandwich, wedges and slaw combo.
mgoo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 15, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Anyone remember water mania?

When we first started going with my parents we either went water mania, wet n wild or river country.
Old 17 Jun 15, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nitram64
Apprentice Imagineer

Will miss it liked it because you didn't have to walk far, all rides were close to each other.
FLORIDA OCT 2000 01 02 03 04 NOV 05 OCT 06 NOV 07 OCT 08 09 10 SEPT 11 12 SEPT 2013 SAN FRAN LA VEGAS NOV 14 FLORIDA OCT 15 ORLANDO VEGAS MAY & SEPT/OCT 17 FLORIDA MAY 18 NOV 19 MAY22 SEP22 MAY 23 SEP 23 MAY 24
nitram64 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 15, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Only ever went once, but it seemed really popular.. 😊
Libby29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 15, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreamers
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 6
Have to admit we've never been to Wet n Wild, from driving past even a few years ago, the look just never appealed, and we absolutely love Blizzard Beach and Aquatica, or Typhoon Lagoon, so never found time for WnW, but look forward to hearing more about Universal's new water park
Dreamers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 15, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Larajp View Post
This was always a good park to visit when we didn't hire a car. I didn't realise the land for volcano bay was so close to I-Drive, only puts it into perspective when you see it on the map!
It's one of those optical illusion type things though, it's a real pain to get across I4, so it's quite a distance to try and get to. Probably not walking distance on a hot summers day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We thought it was fairly shambolic. I loved it as a child but not now.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 15, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Anyone remember water mania?

When we first started going with my parents we either went water mania, wet n wild or river country.
I remember Water Mania!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 15, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Oh it is a shame but it wasn't very pleasing on the eye.
It used to be my favourite water park. The park was fun and different, does anyone remember the knee skiing around the lake? I used to love it!
We haven't been the last couple of visits but the rides where always good, no doubt they will dismantle and move some to the new park and rebrand them.
We will maybe have to pay at visit on our next trip to say good bye

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List