Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Aug 16, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Question It's a long shot but ...

It's a long shot but I was just wondering if any of my fellow dibbers were born on a birth survey week.

I was born on 10 April 1970 and i became part of a birth survey study that has followed me my whole life and still does. I have just had my most recent meeting which was a medical and some tests online over nurses computer.

This survey sees us having our height, weight, BP, Body fat, water mass, grip strength and lots of other things too. Bloods and DNA have been took for tests too. I'm currently wearing a small monitor attached to my leg that records every movement and exercise and when I'm still. It will also track my sleep. I also have to keep a written sleep diary and fill an online food diary in for 2 random days they pick.

I just wondered if any of you are in the same club as me so to speak. 😊
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn't even know they did this.
Old 12 Aug 16, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mousettes View Post
It's a long shot but I was just wondering if any of my fellow dibbers were born on a birth survey week.

I was born on 10 April 1970 and i became part of a birth survey study that has followed me my whole life and still does. I have just had my most recent meeting which was a medical and some tests online over nurses computer.

This survey sees us having our height, weight, BP, Body fat, water mass, grip strength and lots of other things too. Bloods and DNA have been took for tests too. I'm currently wearing a small monitor attached to my leg that records every movement and exercise and when I'm still. It will also track my sleep. I also have to keep a written sleep diary and fill an online food diary in for 2 random days they pick.

I just wondered if any of you are in the same club as me so to speak. 😊
Deleted

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland

Edited at 09:43 PM.
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I knew nothing about this, do you get paid for the help you give !? Lol
Also do you have to do it ?
Old 12 Aug 16, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm a couple of weeks older than you ... but my friends husband shares your birthday and he does the survey, he told us about it years ago when we first met, and like you never met or heard of anyone else doing it .. wondered if someone was having him on!
Old 12 Aug 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
I knew nothing about this, do you get paid for the help you give !? Lol
Also do you have to do it ?
You can leave it at any time or refuse to do any part of it at any time, it's all voluntary and no pay no lol... just the hope that they learn or gain facts to help future generations.

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Deleted
no comment here just one word DELETED?

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
I'm a couple of weeks older than you ... but my friends husband shares your birthday and he does the survey, he told us about it years ago when we first met, and like you never met or heard of anyone else doing it .. wondered if someone was having him on!
YES iv sort of found another member... he isn't having you on, it's all true...
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinks007
Excited about Disney

How interesting. I've just had a nosey about it on here

cls.ioe.ac.uk/page.aspx?&...h+Cohort+Study

Needless to say you're a VIP xXx
Twinks007 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

I think it's an amazing thing you are doing - well done for sticking with it. As you say, the data they collect could help future generations in some way. Well done!

And no, I'm really sorry but I don't know of anyone doing one...
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Not me but dd is doing a similar thing with child of the new century, started when she was a baby in 2001 and they visit her every 3 or 4 years, she's 15 now. Same thing activity monitors, height weight, development tests and loads of questions for her and us about various aspects of our lives. She can stop at any time she wants but presume it will continue throughout her life if she chooses to carry on.

Edited at 11:46 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 16, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinks007 View Post
How interesting. I've just had a nosey about it on here

cls.ioe.ac.uk/page.aspx?&...h+Cohort+Study

Needless to say you're a VIP xXx
Why thank you ... I will have a read of the link later. They send study results through every now and again and iv asked for a copy of all my medical tests bloods etc to come to me and my GPS.

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
I think it's an amazing thing you are doing - well done for sticking with it. As you say, the data they collect could help future generations in some way. Well done!

And no, I'm really sorry but I don't know of anyone doing one...
Thank you... I only keep up with it for the chance it makes a difference for future generations lives.

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Not me but dd is doing a similar thing with child of the new century, started when she was a baby in 2001 and they visit her every 3 or 4 years, she's 15 now. Same thing activity monitors, height weight, development tests and loads of questions for her and us about various aspects of our lives. She can stop at any time she wants but presume it will continue throughout her life if she chooses to carry on.
Oh a new version of our study... it's good to know as all data received over the years can only be a good thing. I remember at your daughters age feeling it was a bit too personal asking questions about drugs etc and if you had lost your virginity etc... I was a very reserved child way younger in those areas so found it all bit embarrassing as I was still playing out with mates not boyfriends!
Closed Thread