Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 16, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

I assume they'll be changing the name from 123?

I recently opened up a second account in my name and have transferred ISA funds into it. The funds are being used to pay for building works. I was planning on adding to it to make use of the interest rates as the funds arw spent. Will wait and see what amount Martin Lewis says is the bare minimum to keep in there to make it worthwhile.

I think even at 1.5% it does still beat any other accounts. Our direct debits only just cover the £5 fee.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
I assume they'll be changing the name from 123?

I recently opened up a second account in my name and have transferred ISA funds into it. The funds are being used to pay for building works. I was planning on adding to it to make use of the interest rates as the funds arw spent. Will wait and see what amount Martin Lewis says is the bare minimum to keep in there to make it worthwhile.

I think even at 1.5% it does still beat any other accounts. Our direct debits only just cover the £5 fee.
I don' think it does. For example I have a Virgin saving account and that earns 1.3% and I can put unlimited in there and it has no fee...

I could have shopped around for a better saving account but I currently have 6 :O
Old 15 Aug 16, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

That's good to know Oliver. Thanks. Will start trawling the accounts once our work has finished. Sadly, once the solicitors have sorted probate, we also have an inheritance making its way to us soon. Will need to plan to pop it into a decent account.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Just great. I just took my money out of premium bonds and opened a 123 account. Back to premium bonds again maybe ...
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm so glad I didn't let them talk me into this in June, I would be hopping now. I've been with my current bank for over forty years but the 123 deal was so good I almost jumped.

Any money I have with them is out when my next bond matures.

As a business they haven't been the same since the Madoff fiasco, they had billions with him and lost it all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Just closed my account! Hadn't even started using it yet
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

I was just looking yesterday at their Ts & Cs ... Especially the new student 123 account for DD who's off to Uni next month ... Wonder if they will change too ?
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The current market leader on a 1 year fixed rate is 1.5% but there is no monthly fee- utbank/deposits/personal/
Old 15 Aug 16, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Basset
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sadly I feel the same. Some people said it was only a short term blip. The $ exchange rate is now a low 1.27 and the € rate 1.13. Not sure how long this short term blip will last for.
About 4 or 5 years I reckon
Basset is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I had heard they were cutting it to 2% in December guess they've changed their minds and dropped it even lower hmph. Well I'll be moving my money, I'm not paying £5 per month for that return.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread