Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Aug 16, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

LHR-Frankfurt to Miami today -Lufthansa

Just a quick line as promised to feedback on our Lufthansa experience, travelling Lhr-FRA-MIA today with an advertised 1 hr 40 connection at Frankfurt.

We pitched up at Heathrow at 4.30 did bag drop, security, a v swift duty free and plain ham sandwich grab and it was pretty much time to go to the gate. (One of the furthest. We were told a 15 minute walk. It was a bit less. V up hill and down dale. Escalators and moving walkways galore.

There was really good legroom on the first flight. Chocolate marble cake and drinks were offered. We took off at 06.46. (I took notes! ) Landed and were taxiing by 08.50.

I had booked seats as far forward as I could on the plane. This was not really necessary as we were taken to the terminal by coach. There were 3 coaches waiting. One for the business class passengers with HUGE leathers seats like VIP cinema seats.

Most people had transfers, I would say. We were told to follow the signs for Connections and that there had been a gate change to the Miami flight. (Boarding card said Z66. We went from Z62. )

The signs dried up at 2 points, so we asked airport staff. You go thro a passport check if you are. US passengers. All the US flights went from neighbouring gates.

Be wary not to turn right at exit/baggage reclaim. If you do this ( it would be v easy you will end up landside and have to go back thro' security.

Short end of a long tale the transfer was a doddle. At 9.21 we allowed ourselves a loo break! Frankfurt is certainly well furnished with toilets. We had time for a coffee and some shopping before the boarding began.

No need to change terminals or go through security again which I had been expecting.

Landed 2.45 . Out in hire car by 16.15. Bliss.

Great Dibb tip off on these flights. Hope this helps someone. Waiting for dinner now in our airport hotel. Xx

Sent from my iPhone
Old 16 Aug 16, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not flying via Frankfurt but flying into Miami on Sunday, glad to hear you got through unscathed! Am slightly dreading it! Have a lovely holiday!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
AEK
Earning More Ears

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it all went ok. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as smoothly for us! Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Edited at 08:43 AM.
AEK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AEK View Post
Thanks for the info. It sounds like it all went ok. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as smoothly for us! Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Well, thank you for the bargain flight tip! we saved a fortune!

IFE was ok and food was pasta or chicken. Have never been with a carrier offering so many free drinks. We were even offered baileys or brandy after the main food service. Everything from water to vodka was FOC.

immigration hall had high ceilings and was cool and fairly empty. that was the bit I was really dreading.

You won't need your trainers, just keep left by the collect luggage sign at FRA and you will be fine.

Obvs our luggage made it. It was on the carousel when we got through with immigration.

Have a great holiday.
Old 16 Aug 16, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Not flying via Frankfurt but flying into Miami on Sunday, glad to hear you got through unscathed! Am slightly dreading it! Have a lovely holiday!
Thanks. You too, Rach!

The only 'hairy' but we had was trying to work the automated immigration kiosk. It would not recognise my fingerprints. We were directed to an immigration officer and that was fine. I was getting frustrated. think middle aged woman and self service supermarket checkout.
Old 16 Aug 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for letting us know. Put my mind at rest. Have a fab holiday xx
2016 Disney - LBV
2018 Universal - Pointe Orlando
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the report. Did you do economy or business (I know a lot of people are grabbing bargain business fares as well as economy).

Have a great holiday.
Old 16 Aug 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Thanks for the report. Did you do economy or business (I know a lot of people are grabbing bargain business fares as well as economy).

Have a great holiday.
Economy this trip, Kate. We bommeranged in CW last year. I will definitely look into BC with Lufthansa if we come again. Interesting to hear they have bargains there too. the BC seats were 'upstairs' so I didn't get to ogle.
Old 16 Aug 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread