Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Feb 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Last minute panic stupid brain fart questions

Our ADR's are coming up on monday. So as usual a few questions:

1. What time can we start booking them UK time?
2. Best way to book? On phone using the App or on a PC via google?
3. Any tips on strategy? Which ones to aim for first etc (there are 4 of us going)
4. Is it plus 10 days we can book as confused myself if it's the food or the FP

Also when our FP window opens at 60 days is that plus 10 days?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

1) at 11am on line.

2) Do whatever works! MDE very glitchy so be prepared to try anything. For me, the +10 window only opens on the app, others find it only opens on a website.

3) Don’t worry about strategy, reading the dibb can give the impression that it is a difficult thing to do. It isn’t, everything will be available at 180 days. The only thing I would look ti book first is California Grill brunch if you require it early on in your trip. I booked that first, the rest I think I did in date order as per my plan. I thought you were QS anyway though or am I mixing you up with someone else?

4) Yes plus ten days for onsite guests.

Your FP are bookable for length of trip if going for less than 14 days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’re in the middle of doing our ADRs (did the first 11 days yesterday, and have four more days to go) so this is a question I can actually answer!

1. What time can we start booking them UK time?
11am online, 12 midday by phone

2. Best way to book? On phone using the App or on a PC via google?
Both, all, everything! We found the app wouldn’t work at all for certain restaurants, and the website via Safari on the iPad was glitchy for others, making me log back in for every new search, even though I had ‘Remember me’ selected and it always showed me as logged in - it just didn’t recognise that I was an on-site guest until I re-logged in again and again and again. Other people have been fine doing this. We ended up using two different laptops with a different browser on each, but we got there in the end! (Oh, and we also had to phone to book CRT because there was a glitch preventing us from clicking the button for DDP payment, and we didn’t want to pay in full!)

3. Any tips on strategy? Which ones to aim for first etc (there are 4 of us going)
It depends on your choices. Could you list them, then people can suggest your priority order. Ours was 1) Cali Grill brunch, but it was already sold out for 4 at 11am, 186 days out, so we had to take 2 tables for 2 instead. Second choice was CRT, but as above, we had to wait until 12 to call to book that anyway. This was fine, and we got the exact time we wanted. Third choice was BOG 8am breakfast (we got two, later in the holiday, but only 8:35 for our second day). All our other restaurants had availability at the times we wanted.
edit: If Claudette is right and you’re on QS, then 8am BOG would be the only one you’d be in a rush to get, especially for early days in your trip. That was the only one we couldn’t get close to the time we wanted at 182 days out, so it was good that we’d planned more than one breakfast there.

4. Is it plus 10 days we can book as confused myself if it's the food or the FP
Yes, it’s 180+10 if you’re on-site

Also when our FP window opens at 60 days is that plus 10 days?
I believe FP+ is 60 plus however long your trip is. Ours is two weeks, so we should get 60+14.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 10:40 AM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
1) at 11am on line.

2) Do whatever works! MDE very glitchy so be prepared to try anything. For me, the +10 window only opens on the app, others find it only opens on a website.

3) Don’t worry about strategy, reading the dibb can give the impression that it is a difficult thing to do. It isn’t, everything will be available at 180 days. The only thing I would look ti book first is California Grill brunch if you require it early on in your trip. I booked that first, the rest I think I did in date order as per my plan. I thought you were QS anyway though or am I mixing you up with someone else?

4) Yes plus ten days for onsite guests.

Your FP are bookable for length of trip if going for less than 14 days.
Thx for the help.

We are back to TS now Head is due to explode with it all

We make our mind up then its what if...
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Hi, yes as others have said, it will be available 11.00am our time, 12.00noon if you need to phone.

I did ours on Sunday, I opened the app. but I also opened the web site and was logged in with my credit card details already in as they need it to confirm bookings. I used Chrome to open the web site and used the web site and app at the same time until all my ADR's were booked.

I used a combination of the app. and the website to book our ADR's, 12 in total. Some restaurants I couldn't get on the app, so quickly used the web site which took a little longer to get a confirmation, the app is quicker.

Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney

Edited at 12:03 PM.
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

The FP situation - we are staying 16 nights on Disney. So we can book day 1 plus 14 days?
When can we book the next ones and is it each day as it comes?
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
The FP situation - we are staying 16 nights on Disney. So we can book day 1 plus 14 days?
When can we book the next ones and is it each day as it comes?
Not sure if this is much help, but this is what it says on the official site:

With a Resort Hotel Reservation Plus Tickets, Plan 60 Days in Advance
If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and also have theme park tickets, you’ll be able to start making your FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to your check-in date for the entire length of your stay. Please note that if your stay is longer than 2 weeks, then FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Thx for the help.

We are back to TS now Head is due to explode with it all

We make our mind up then its what if...
If you post your restaurant list, we can let you know which ones may have limited / no availability at 180-190 days, then you’ll know which ones to prioritise. In my experience, it was only BOG opening time breakfast and Cali Grill brunch that were impossible to get at 180+ but other people might know of others that are popular in August.

You could also search for reservations at your restaurants 180 days from now, to see if any others have limited or no availability at that point.