Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

This drives me crazy. I can be anything from a 12 to an 18 depending on which shop I am in. I always try clothes on now where before if I bought a 14 anywhere I knew it would fit.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
H&M sizing for men is actually pretty flattering in my experience. I’m usually an XL, sometimes even XXL depending on the brand/ store I’m shopping in, but I can often wear clothes in a Large from H&M. I must admit, makes me a happy fella sometimes!
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
I thought it was just me and my bloomin long legs. x
Long legs? Sorry, I don't understand that concept I very rarely buy anything online any more as I got fed up of turning things up or taking them in - or feeling fat when they don't fit

I have clothes in my wardrobe from a size 8 (in my dreams!) to a size 14 and they all fit me.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

It drives me mad. a while ago I got 2 pairs of jeans from boohoo, identical style & size, one in black one in blue, the blue ones fit, I couldn't get the back anywhere near fastened so I laid them down there was about 2 inches difference in the width when laid flat so around 4inches smaller circumference when on! Madness.

Same with Next clothes, one thing in one size is tiny and i get stuck trying to get it on, then another thing in the same size in too big.

It's not just womens clothes though, husband just gave me 2 pairs of next chinos to return for him (same chinos just different colours) in a 32inch - one pair to tight and can only just get fastened, the other absolutely huge and look 3 sizes to big. Same with the kids, my little girl is only 7 (nearly 8), in Primark (which I think are small fitting) I've had to get her some 9-10 and 10-11 clothes, in Asda I can get 7-8 still in most things for her. DS is 12 and yesterday he tried on a pair of Nike age 12-13 tracksuit bottoms "regular fit" and they were OK, a little big but fit fine round the waist and he's only just 12 so that's to be expected, then he tried on the Nike age 12-13 tracksuit bottoms "slim fit" which should have been smaller in the legs and fitted him better and they were huge, really baggy and even with the ties pulled tight he jumped in the air twice and they fell down they were so big round his waist... so it's even big brands that are not sizing their clothing properly.

I don't get it - a size should be a size. if a mens size 32 waist is 32 inches then 32 inches is 32 inches - how can they be different.

I agree with the person who said no wonder young people have a massive issue with themselves these days - as an adult if you think you are a size 14 in some places and have to buy 18 or 20 in some places due to stupid fit then it's soul destroying but we can handle it as adults but Kids / young girls (or boys!) can't and take it to heart

Edited at 09:53 AM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiga6
Imagineer

I've got a dress from Dorothy perkins that I bought in 1998, the label says its a 12UK but a 42Euro.
Now I buy size 14 usually and that says its a 42Euro!
Drives me crazy that I'm so many different sizes, I'm going to buy all my new clothes in California in 3 weeks, there I'm a size 10!
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I find H&M the worst, I go from buying a small to a large, there’s no rhyme or reason. However, I find, like others have said they’re all as bad as each other!

I’m a size 12-14, the other day in Fat Face I bought a size 12 t-shirt (perfect fit) a size 14 cardigan (which was too big) and a size 14 dress (that was too small!).

Oh and don’t get me started on skinny jeans that are massive round my waist and yet nearly cut off the circulation in my calves!

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've never had a "standard" size in clothes, always have had to try on clothes to see how they fit.

I think I have a difficult body type too! For the same brand, I could be a size 12-14 if it is a dress with sleeves (to accommodate my shoulders being broad), or a size 8 if it is a sleeveless dress! Oh and I can fit into size 6-8 skirts if it is an A-line or flared skirt, but can't get into size 12 pencil skirts, due to carrying most of my weight on my hips/thighs...

And don't even get me started on how the definition of "small" "medium" "large" etc changes from country to country... Still remember when I did the DLP half marathon a couple of years back a lot of people had issue with the T shirt sizing because the American runDisney shirts were much larger than the same size in the DLP runDisney shirts...