Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Jul 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Just watching the first two again as we can’t remember what went on. Not read all the posts here as we don’t want any spoilers, but looks like we’re in for a treat.
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Holly's-mummy View Post
Love stranger things, can't wait for season 4
I didn’t think they were doing season 4
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
I didn’t think they were doing season 4
Yes they are, the Duffer brothers have said they are already working on season 4. They also said they wouldn’t want it to run any longer than 5 seasons and might even keep 4 as the last one.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My 16 old watched it or should I say tried to watch it and it terrified her. Because all her friends had watched it she then tried again during the day with us.
I personally would not let a 12 year old watch it. It’s rated a 15 I think?

We have just finished it. Lots of jump scares and a bit of sexual content.
Thank you. I thought it was a PG13 but I'm maybe getting muddled. I'll find something else for her just now 😊
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think it’s just me but just finished episode 5 and really not enjoying it as much as the previous seasons, just not gripping me at all and I’m hoping it gets better.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Thank you. I thought it was a PG13 but I'm maybe getting muddled. I'll find something else for her just now 😊
You could be right, my daughter said it was a 15 but she may have said that because she was so scared lol
I suppose it depends on the child, I could not let my 13 year old watch it because I know he would have nightmares.
Maybe watch it and see what you think before deciding x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Quite enjoyed this series finished last night, some good new characters

although I'm not sure where they can go with this now... There is only so many times they can use the same premise

love all the retro stuff like old school coke cans & 10 points for the Ariostea cycling hat Lucas sported
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

weird question but is this suitable for a mature 12 year old? Shes just about finished Friends and loved all of Once Upon a Time but loads of her pals have been watching Riverdale etc. which I'm not planning on letting her (I've watched series 1 and just nope) but maybe she would like this? She's not easy scared.
We have just watched it with our 12 year old DD. She is very mature and, like you, I’d ruled out Riverdale. There are a few scary bits and some gory moments but nothing too gratuitous. There are references to sex and sexual relationships, but nothing inappropriate. A friend has let her 12 and 8 year old girls watch Love Island! I know which one I’d rather have my girl watching.

Hadn’t thought of Friends - I think my DD would love it.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

weird question but is this suitable for a mature 12 year old? Shes just about finished Friends and loved all of Once Upon a Time but loads of her pals have been watching Riverdale etc. which I'm not planning on letting her (I've watched series 1 and just nope) but maybe she would like this? She's not easy scared.
My 12 year old son, has watched it. He enjoyed it but hasn't seen Season 3 yet. Funny you should mention Friends. He recently watched that with me and I was surprised by how much talk of sex there was. I am sure it wasn't like that when I watched it the first time haha!
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ended up watching all of the seasons over the last 2 weeks! Season 3 was definitely more gruesome, found myself shouting at the tv at the last episode (more so at Winona Ryder! ). I've cried, been scared, unable to watch a few scenes, laughed, been a little bored during season 2 but most of all I've really enjoyed it!
The girl that plays Eleven is outstanding and Dustin when he gets his teeth is hilarious!
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List