Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Apr 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Mickey15 View Post
I've travelled on row 80a
That must have been really uncomfortable? Row 80 is only HJK. The stairs are where ABC would be.

Interestingly, someone on Seatguru has said that they flew in the bubble in feb/mar of this year to Barbados and the storage compartments under the window were screwed shut. Hope this isn't happening across the whole fleet.

Edited at 09:01 AM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey15
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
That must have been really uncomfortable? Row 80 is only HJK. The stairs are where ABC would be.

Interestingly, someone on Seatguru has said that they flew in the bubble in feb/mar of this year to Barbados and the storage compartments under the window were screwed shut. Hope this isn't happening across the whole fleet.
Meant 80 h and 79a (last left hand side)🤯

My partner was on 80k window just asked her and she said it was sealed but returning flight there weren't- strange.. I flew out of Manchester on tinkerbell
Mickey15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Magic mouse1;13810154]How is it less bothersome to other passengers, what about the people who sit upstairs to get a way from these kids , or parents that can not control them.[/QUOTE

I would also encourage autistic adults and children to head to the bubble which feels more calm and secure. We’re they would feel less anxious with so many people around. Just my oppinion

Edited at 04:45 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Does anyone know when they are replacing the bubble planes at Manchester?
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Chrissie H View Post
I can't say for sure but from what I have heard the new planes which are the Airbus A350-1000's are going to start to be delivered later this year, but exactly which routes will get them first who knows. Best guess with what I have read is that the 747's will still be in use until at least mid 2020/early 2021. VA have ordered 12 of the new aircraft which are intended to be the 747 replacement. Last month they revealed more details about the configurations they will have. Like I say can't say exactly what will happen timescale wise, but it is felt that the Business routes from Heathrow will get the new planes first, then the leisure routes to places like Orlando would be further down the line, but they will be phased in gradually as they get each one delivered

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 06:16 PM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Thank you. We have just booked for October 2020 and DH loves the bubble so he wondered if the bubble would still be around then. Obviously it’s anybody’s guess.
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic mouse1
Proud to wear my Ears

[QUOTE=myaquarium;13811837]
Originally Posted by Magic mouse1 View Post
How is it less bothersome to other passengers, what about the people who sit upstairs to get a way from these kids , or parents that can not control them.[/QUOTE

I would also encourage autistic adults and children to head to the bubble which feels more calm and secure. We’re they would feel less anxious with so many people around. Just my oppinion
Hi the place we’re there is fewest people is row 25 to row 28 this is were you board the plane no seats on your side

Upstairs there is 3 times more people .so less people to be bothersome
Magic mouse1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Chrissie H View Post
I would imagine that the Manchester-Orlando route would be one of the last to be replaced - but that is just my feeling
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Can anyone confirm that those in the bubble in premium, have priority leaving the plane on arrival?
Thanks
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Can anyone confirm that those in the bubble in premium, have priority leaving the plane on arrival?
Thanks
Premium upstairs leave after Economy upstairs, but still before Economy downstairs, that's how it's always worked when we have been up there.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List