Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Mobile Feeling much worse since gallbladder surgery.

Just needing a moan really, sorry. I had gallbladder removed at end of November following 2 lots of acute pain, the first of which only lasted 10 minutes ish. I was signed off work until 27th December and had annual leave booked until 3rd Jan.
On Christmas day I had a starter of bread and camembert as I had been fine with everything up til then. My stomach went into spasm and I spent the rest of the day in bed.
Monday I was due to go back to work and at 6am I woke up and was awfully sick, feel awful ever since.
I didn't feel this rough before the surgery and I'm totally fed up.
I hate feeling unwell.
Need some ideas for light tasty meals.
Old 8 Jan 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Even after I had my gallbladder removed I still had to avoid high fat foods otherwise I would require to be near a toilet!
Apparently most symptoms like this subside after a few weeks but I still can’t digest high fat foods such as cheese 8 years later.
Hopefully your symptoms should ease over the next few weeks.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I defiantly had issues with high fat food for a good while after surgery, cheese was fine but massive quantities were not happy!
Have a loook at some weight watchers or sliming world recipes as they tend to be relatively low fat? It does get better honest!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I feel your pain, I had mine out on 9th December and have only just gone back to work on Tuesday.
I have reintroduced things back in to my diet, trying to keep as many low fat as I can.
I’m finding I can tolerate less than before surgery as I’m now having constant acid reflux after every meal.
I still cannot lie flat and am currently still sleeping upright on the sofa.
Hope you feel better soon.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
I feel your pain, I had mine out on 9th December and have only just gone back to work on Tuesday.
I have reintroduced things back in to my diet, trying to keep as many low fat as I can.
I’m finding I can tolerate less than before surgery as I’m now having constant acid reflux after every meal.
I still cannot lie flat and am currently still sleeping upright on the sofa.
Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks folks, I think because it was going so well I'm taking it harder.
At least I can lie down and sleep.
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
01Car
Excited about Disney

It’s not what I eat it’s how much. I can only eat small portions otherwise I’m in severe discomfort. I’ve been diagnosed as having gastroparesis, which is a slow emptying stomach. There are also foods which I used to love, like steak, which I have absolutely no notion for now. I’m now two and a half years on from having surgery.
01Car is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I still can't eat high fat foods 10 yrs on.

I investigated and the Gallbladder is a filter with bile in it which helps you digest fats. Of course, without it the High fat stuff doesn't digest too well leading to indigestion and 'Upset stomach'

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had mine out in 2012 and I still can’t eat certain foods. I’m ok with a little bit of cheese, can’t touch lamb, red meat I can have in very small doses and not very often, can’t eat peppers unless they’re cooked, and not too good with a lot of bread either. I sometimes get spasms where it once lived, and find I get constipated much more than I did before having it out. It’s a small price to pay though after suffering for years and multiple hospital admission! I hope you feel better soon xx

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Had my gallbladder out about 10 years ago and it wasn't until about a year later that I was finding my stomach rebelling on a regular basis to whatever i ate (not just cheese or fatty foods).
Researching it on the internet it seems that bile acid diarrhea is a common problem amongst those who have had their gallbladder removed.
I was never warned of this and my GP had never even heard of it but she agreed to give me a prescription to try the remedy that a lot of sufferers swore by that being Questran sachets.
It really worked for me and 1 sachet a day ever since has seen me return to eating anything I want without the dire consequences !
It made me feel I had got my life back as before I was constantly anxious about eating out and was paranoid about where the nearest toilet was !
I still get a very occasional upset stomach out of the blue (which I cannot even pinpoint down to a particularly fatty meal) but I am fine 99% of the time.
I have even over indulged in Florida with no ill effect.

Questran has though been plagued by manufacturing problems and shortages for years and I switched to Questran Light (contains aspartame rather than sugar) which for me works just as well. Problems with Questran supply are still ongoing but I manage to get my prescription of Questran Light though Boots thankfully.

Maybe worth a try for anyone experiencing problems ?
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn’t have my gall bladder back for the world and what I can eat has improved over the 5 years it has been out. However. I can’t binge eat any more (no bad thing) and cannot eat burgers at all. Any red processed meat makes me poorly. Cheese in moderation is okay now but wasn’t. I tend to avoid big fatty blowouts as they trigger a bad reaction.