Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Interesting to read a few posters on here saying the Prince Andrew/ Jeffrey Epstein story was brushed under the carpet, I’m not sure where that impression comes from, it was all over the news and papers for over a week after he did the Emily matlis interview, there was quite a thread on here about it too

Just to be clear, this is no way in the same category as that
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I do think that there are royals who should be financially independent.
Surely when you agree to marry a member of the royal family you agree to the job role too. A supporting husband/wife and with that comes the duties of being a royal.
Poor Diana was hounded by the press and look what happened to her.
You can’t have your cake and eat it, maybe Meghan will realise this eventually.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Well in this case it wasn't a lie 😉
Let's wait and see though when it all comes out, if anything it was a grossly underhand thing they have done

Edited at 10:13 AM.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Good for them leaving, the press have treated them badly.
Not much said in the press about Prince Andrew... or that Prince William, the future king, having an affair.. that is all swept under the carpet
The press may have treated them badly but whilst the public buy the papers / magazines there is a demand for it.
Old 11 Jan 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I follow Piers Morgan on Twitter and I find his obsession with Meghan very weird!
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
The press may have treated them badly but whilst the public buy the papers / magazines there is a demand for it.
I would not waste my money on buying diapers (that was a genuine spell check error but thought it more appropriate as they contain the same substances) re any celeb or royal news, I'm amazed that people have an appetite for the lives of people they dont actually know
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Let's wait and see though when it all comes out, if anything it was a grossly underhand thing they have done
That’s the Sun for you! Think you and I are amongst the lucky ones RR as it’s almost impossible to buy that rag where we live
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I would not waste my money on buying diapers (that was a genuine spell check error but thought it more appropriate as they contain the same substances) re any celeb or royal news, I'm amazed that people have an appetite for the lives of people they dont actually know
I love hearing all Harry does for the forces and all his other charity work and I thank the media for bringing that to us but then to look for imperfections and scandal saddens me, I think everyone has cr*p in their lives so reading about other peoples really doesn't interest me.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
I follow Piers Morgan on Twitter and I find his obsession with Meghan very weird!
It is very odd, apparently they had messaged and met for a drink, the next day she had her first date with Harry and stopped messaging him. (How he originally told it)
I don’t regard one meeting in a bar as a firm friendship more acquaintanceship.

From her side , she met a guy the press would be all over so dropped the acquaintance ... that’s understandable
From his side bearing in mind they met once , it has a very peculiar vibe . If they weren’t who they were and girl meets guy for one drink and later on he goes on like Piers you’d be thinking “stalker”.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I'm not. People watch soap operas which is people playing other people, reality shows which is people playing sort of themselves but not and the Royal Family which are real people but not as we know them.

People watch 7 up which follow the lives of people through their lives. The public like to watch this type of thing. A number of people want to put their lives in public through facebook. Its where we are at nowadays.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread