Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Feb 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile iPhone charge - tech experts?

Wonder if anyone can help. My iPhone (8 I think) generally doesn’t need charging a lot but since weekend my battery is draining so fast.
This morning it was low and I charged it to full before I went to work. I haven’t been able to go on my phone because there is no signal where I work for some weird reason - last week I was having issues and someone said the EE mast near my work had been sold so you couldn’t use it! ) plus we had a leavers lunch for a lady at work. I’ve just checked my phone and I’ve less than half a battery.
I shut down all apps and I stopped things using stuff in the background but it’s drained.
Someone said it’s because I’ve done a recent update but you have to don’t you?
Any ideas how to stop this happening?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Is it still in warranty?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
Is it still in warranty?
I have a contract but I don’t pay for tech support so I don’t think they will help me at Carphine warehouse
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
If a phone is constantly trying to find a phone signal it really uses a lot of battery.

I have seen it use half the battery in a matter of hours when there is no signal. You can put it into airplane mode and turn back on WiFi if there are no bars of signal and the battery will be fine.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
I have a contract but I don’t pay for tech support so I don’t think they will help me at Carphine warehouse
The reason I asked is because my iPhone 6s started draining battery by a steady 20% per hour without me using it at all, a couple of weeks ago. It’s only 4 months old, bought on contract with 3. I took it to my nearest apple Genius Bar, they ran diagnostics, no problem with the battery itself. They suspected a software fault but diagnostics wasn’t pinpointing anything, but as they could clearly see the battery draining in front of their eyes, they replaced my phone.

ETA - I wasn’t having any phone signal problems though.

Edited at 07:03 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Do a hard shut down and turn on again.
Some apps are very hard on the battery.

look at settings->battery scroll down and you can see the health of the battery. You cab see which apps are eating your battery.
press Battery Health and this will tell you if there is a problem with your battery. The Max Capacity should be over 80%.

Turn on airplane mode and see what happens. Weak mobile or wifi signals can drain a battery. This will tell you if this is the problem.

If the battery capacity is good and you till have the problem, I would be doing a system reset to factory settings and starting from scratch only installing what you need.

Edited at 07:08 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
If a phone is constantly trying to find a phone signal it really uses a lot of battery.

I have seen it use half the battery in a matter of hours when there is no signal. You can put it into airplane mode and turn back on WiFi if there are no bars of signal and the battery will be fine.
I actually wondered about this because it was last week that suddenly I couldn’t get a signal and my messages wouldn’t go through. That’s when I was told about the issue with EE in the area.
I’ve just googled and it says about battery issues after upgrades and told me to restart so I’ve done that and see how it goes.
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Do a hard shut down and turn on again.
Some apps are very hard on the battery.

look at settings->battery scroll down and you can see the health of the battery. You cab see which apps are eating your battery.
press Battery Health and this will tell you if there is a problem with your battery. The Max Capacity should be over 80%.

Turn on airplane mode and see what happens. Weak mobile or wifi signals can drain a battery. This will tell you if this is the problem.

If the battery capacity is good and you till have the problem, I would be doing a system reset to factory settings and starting from scratch only installing what you need.
Battery capacity is 100%

When I have looked at battery usage 24% isn’t mobile data coverage

Edited at 07:25 PM.
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
When I am in the O2 at concerts I get no signal and the phone is constantly hunting for service. I can come out after the concert with 50% battery when I go in with 90%. My phone never uses more than 20% all day long.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I had a similar problem a few months ago where it just drained before my eyes. I booked in for an appointment at the Apple store. After running tests they gave me a new one. My contract is with Tesco so you will be covered unless it has any external damage. The person next to me had a similar problem but had to pay £150 as they had a cracked screen.
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List